Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
rue
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Honey, delusional Swifties are pressed that Dua Lipa has a higher Metacritic score than their precious Taylor Swift.

werent you saying Future Nostalgia was trash upon its release? Please keep Queen Dua and Tay out of your head! You clearly hate both of them because they are white and now are only trying to get a reaction out of the Tay stans.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Didn’t day it’d help, just that it won’t hurt. The only way a remix album assist is if it does well sales wise or one of the singles charts high. If she pushes one of these songs and it tops the dance charts that could help. But ultimately, I don’t see this album having any affect. And I thought Dua had an outside chance at BPVA before this release.

I agree with this. She’s spoiler in BPVA imo but I doubt this makes much of a difference.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Sooooo.. does Taylor Swift plan on releasing any more MV or even some home live performances for folklore? Fall is approaching and this album definitely is more fitting for the season.

She’s posted a grand total of once on Instagram this whole month so I doubt their really doing any promo for the album.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

A 5th straight week at #1, Taylor is winning Grammys next year. Plural, her record is 4…she could match that.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

A 5th straight week at #1, Taylor is winning Grammys next year. Plural, her record is 4…she could match that.

No💜

Taylor is winning at the very very most 3 but most likely 1.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

folklore may be the Breakaway of this year. Kelly Clarkson had only 2 nominations in the pop field in 2006 but managed to win over Gwen Stefani’s L.A.M.B and “Hollaback Girl”, both of which made into the GF.

Even though I don’t think Taylor will be blocked from the GF, this is a very likely scenario if she ends up only in the pop field.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

They can sing so.. there’s that!

Just like Tekashi69 (BARF) can “rap”. Sure Jan!

Profile picture
    Topics:

I’m hoping Dua can fraud her way into the Dance categories. “Love Is Religion” (new track from CFN) is eligible for Best Dance Recording.

I hope Warner will submit even if it gets bounced.

Profile picture
    Final2
    Topics:

stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.stopsettingswiftiesup.

Been here ALOT longer than you so but go on. Please name a critically acclaimed album in the past 10 years that spent 10 weeks at #1 with a #1 hit to boot?

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Hey can anybody help my stan heart? Do critical successes like Miss Phoebe usually get completely snubbed? Does anybody have examples?

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: playful-cheese-320)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "My Baby Wants a Baby" by St. Vincent
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Hey can anybody help my stan heart? Do critical successes like Miss Phoebe usually get completely snubbed? Does anybody have examples?

I think she has a chance in Best New Artist. She’s campaigning a lot.

Profile picture
    Taylor_Prez
    Topics:

After much thought, my Hip-Hop nomination predictions are the following. Let me know what y’all think.

Best Rap Album

Please Excuse Me for Being Anti Social by Roddy Riich. It was commercially successful, spawned huge hits like the Box and Roddy is one of the most promising upcoming rappers.

My Turn by Lil Baby- Commercially successful. Lil Baby is also seen as quite promising (being praised by Jay Z and Kanye) and Woah and others were hits.

RTJ4 by Run the Jewels-The Grammys usually nominates at least one (often two or three) very critically acclaimed albums. Given the social climate, I think this is a lock.

Suga by Meg Thee Stallion-Although a mixtape, it garnered fairly good reviews and produced Savage and B.I.T.C.H. Meg is considered a promising new artist (not just in rap) and with the violence enacted against her, I think she is a shoe-in. It also sends a great message about female rappers.

Either Eternal Atake by Lil Uzi or 1985 by Freddie Gibbs or A Written Testimony by Jay Z and Jay Electronica-All three were critically acclaimed. Gibbs has been seen as overlooked for his album Bandana last year and Uzi sold a lot. I think Uzi has a good chance of the three as his sold an impressive amount. A Written Testimony also has a good chance as it was critically acclaimed and a way to honor a veteran. I could see a lot of rap purists voting for it. No Pressure by Logic also has a small chance since it was well-received and Logic is respected by some veterans in the rap industry.

Best Melodic Performance

Wash Us in the Blood by Kanye and Travis Scott

Rock Star by Roddy Riich and Da Baby

Savage Remix by Meg and Beyonce

Hand Me Downs by Mac Miller and Anderson Paak or 12.38 by Childish Gambino and 21 Savage or High Fashion by Roddy Ricch or Tootsie Slide by Drake or Solitaires by Future and Travis Scott

Godzilla by Eminem and Juice Wlrd

Best Rap Song

The Bigger Picture or to a much lesser extent Emotionally Scarred by LilBaby

The Box by Roddy Ricch

Other Side of America by Meek Mill (especially if Trump wins and nominations are decided before the election).

Something to Rap About by Freddie Gibbs and Tyler the Creator or B.I.T.C.H by Meg Thee Stallion

JUST or Walking in the Snow by Run the Jewels

Best Rap Performance

BOP by Da Baby

Woah by Lil Baby or WAP by Meg Thee Stallion and Cardi B

The Box by Roddy Riich

Life is Good by Drake and Future

The Scotts by Travis Scott and Kid Cudi our Highest in the Room by Travis Scott or 123 by Moneybagg Yo or Walking in the Snow by Run the Jewels or Soltaires by Future and Travis Scott or Dior by Pop Smoke (if it’s eligible).

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I currently have her in BNA. She is campaigning a lot and that is surly helping her to reach more voters. I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets also a Rock Song nod. Alternative Album is really crowded so idk, atm I don’t see her entering.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I could see her getting entirely snubbed or picking up a few nods. There’s a handful of “alt” female artists that have gotten acclaim this year and a couple with more substantial buzz. However, she is “campaigning” like hell: released a music vid, streaming performances, still doing interviews. So, she is shooting her shot.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.