Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
rue
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, get over it delusional Swifties!  Taylor Swift is NOT happening in the General Field.  #Blocked.  Voters will NOT give a shit that Ms. Thang’s album is “baity” and has high (but NOT super high) critical acclaim.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Yeah, if they block her from Album then they’ll still put her in Song at least as a consolation nomination. It’s gonna look real bad for them if one of the biggest and most acclaimed albums of the year gets 0 GF nominations.

they totally did that to Ed Sheeran back in 2017-18, and his album was way more massive and undeniable than Folklore, so it is not unprecedented, only the swifties are gonna blow the roof, the rest just think she has already had enough recognition from the grammys.

and abelfenty btw has always shown realistic predictions, so there is not bias against anyone

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  It is NOT going to look real bad for the Grammys if they block Taylor Swift in the General Field.  Plenty of artists have been blocked.  Only a delusional Swiftie would make that statement. 

Regardless of sales and/or acclaim, the Grammys are NOT obliged to nominate anyone nor are they required to give Swift a consolation Song of the Year nomination.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Exactly. If they blocked Ed, who had one of the biggest eras of the decade, they will have no problem blocking Taylor – who already has had her fair share of AOTY nominations and wins. Her album has done good numbers but she doesn’t have a hit to back her up.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Divide – 62 on Metacritic
    folklore – 88 on Metacritic

Completely different level. Deborah kinda exposed them before, interesting to see.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Ed did not have an acclaimed album the way that folklore is. I can totally see her getting blocked from AOTY but if they do that they’ll nominate her in SOTY, similar to Lover and ASIB last year. The Ed snub was because they didn’t want him to win and had SOY been nominated in R/SOTY then he would’ve won. cardigan would be a filler nominee so there’s no reason to block her there as well. I would also say that Taylor is more respected than Ed by the Grammys.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Here’s my vision of what can happen:

1- BRP don’t want Taylor to win AOTY for the third time. Blocked in AOTY! = CHECKED!

2- They will nominate black people like The Weeknd, Doja Cat, Roddy Ricch, H.E.R, DaBaby, Megan Thee Stallion, Cardi B in ROTY or 5 black against 3 white (2 Pop and 1 Country or Americana) without Taylor = CHECKED!

3- SOTY is the highest nomination chance of Taylor being there. Also Post Malone, Maren Morris, Dua Lipa will be there. But Taylor’s gonna get snubbed = CHECKED!

Taylor is going to be nominated just for Pop Field.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

LOL as if the BRP cares about the metacritic scores, they will just try to ensure diversity among the nominees and avoid another safe white pop artist sweep

voters will still go with the safe bland choice in the end, but if you take down the safest choice then you will make then have to pick between more diverse nominees

Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Even if Taylor has chances of being nominated for SOTY, she definitely doesn’t get an AOTY by BRP.

Remember they don’t want to reward anyone with a third AOTY win before Adele.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I think both Roddy and The Weeknd will have 5-6 nominations. I see “Blinding Lights” on Best Music Video and yes I know it’s a bold prediction considering the past nominations, but I wouldn’t doubt it. (Honestly this is the only mainstream video for now. “Physical” may not enter since it wasn’t promoted in the US, Dua isn’t a strong name check.)

Maren Morris could get 5-6 as well thanks to The Highwomen.

That’s actually pretty plausible if The Highwomen spread their submissions wisely, Maren could end up with 6-9 noms

AOTY
    SOTY (x2)
    Rock Perf
    Country D/G
    Country Song (x2)
    Country/American Roots Album
    American Roots Perf/Song

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Even if Taylor has chances of being nominated for SOTY, she definitely doesn’t get an AOTY by BRP.

Remember they don’t want to reward anyone with a third AOTY win before Adele.

Mmmm, who said that?? Are you another insider or something??

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

6. Ungodly Hour – Chloe x Halle

I would be so happy if this happens. Hoping for 3 R&B contenders in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Divide – 62 on Metacritic
    folklore – 88 on Metacritic

Completely different level. Deborah kinda exposed them before, interesting to see.

LOL Deborah did not say anything new, everyone knows how the blue ribbon committee works, everyone except some delusional stans in twitter

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

either The Highwomen (hey Brandi Carlile) or Reunions.

Reunions also has Amanda Shires as one of the ensemble band members, gotta love that Highwomen domination.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Even if Taylor has chances of being nominated for SOTY, she definitely doesn’t get an AOTY by BRP. Remember they don’t want to reward anyone with a third AOTY win before Adele.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.