Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 499 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
rue
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Guys it’s not that I don’t like Taylor sorry. But if we talk about AOTY, the artists that come to my mind are The Weeknd and Fiona Apple. Not Taylor. Sorry.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Good thing is that Taylor made folklore inspired by quarantine and that may be a good point to put her in final AOTY list.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

ANYWAYS, after this pointless discussion, back to the Grammy’s.

Do you guys think The Highwomen will make it in AOTY?? I think they have a super baity project. Plus they love Carlile, Hemby just got in SOTY and won a Grammy last year, Maren is a past GF nominee. Also Shires recently won a Grammy. I have them in at the moment. They will pull much love from both Country and Americana voters imo.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Pointless discussion bitch?

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

The way every member of goldderby seems to think they know the BRP will react to Taylor is weird.

Maybe they’ll view Folklore as an important step in Taylor’s career and be happy to make her the first woman to win AOTY 3x. Her winning would definitely be a huge milestone in a very male dominated industry. Maybe they’ll view it as inappropriate to give the woman, who has been the face of white privilege since 2009, her third AOTY win when black legends haven’t even gotten one. We, as non members of the BRP, do not know.

No one is indeed presuming to know what the BRP will do,abelfenty made some predictions, and it is just simply logic to think that after 2 straight white women having won AOTY the last two years, and with Taylor having won said award twice in the past, and added to the racial situation in the United States. It seems deductible to think that she will be blocked, just by pure logic, in the end, only they will know what to do

It is pretty clear you cannot make a prediction with Ms. Swift out without pissing some people here…

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Oh wow okay… anyways, does Chris Stapleton have a chance of getting a Country Performance or Song nom with his last release?

Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Chris Stapleton is going to win again.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m torn between The Highwomen and The Chicks for AOTY. The Highwomen seems a little bit more fresh to me, so in the end might go with them. TH getting into AOTY and The Chicks getting a SOTY nom for Gaslighter seems about right.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

And he’ll be only the 2nd living Black artist to win with original material in Billie Eilish’s lifetime.

OMG, I had never thought on that, WOW Grammys are really so white…

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

TH getting into AOTY and The Chicks getting a SOTY nom for Gaslighter seems about right.

I currently have the exact same prediction.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

It seems deductible to think that she will be blocked, just by pure logic, in the end, only they will know what to do It is pretty clear you cannot make a prediction with Ms. Swift out without pissing some people here…

The thing is, Taylor has lost before when nominated for AOTY, with Red. The BRP doesn’t need to block her to make sure she doesn’t win. That’s up to all the members and if they don’t feel passionate about a project, not enough voters will vote for it. Folklore being snubbed is not the same as Lover being snubbed: that album didn’t have the same reception and didn’t feel like anything new; so even if it made the top 8, and even if it got nominated, it probably wouldn’t have won.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, you delusional Swifties better wake up!  Given the climate, best believe the blue-ribbon committee is going to stack the deck.  Certain white acts will be blocked.

Profile picture
    willy
    Topics:

ANYWAYS, after this pointless discussion, back to the Grammy’s.

Do you guys think The Highwomen will make it in AOTY. I think they have a super baity project. Plus they love Carlile, Hemby just got in SOTY last year, Maren is a past GF nominee. I have them in at the moment. They will pull much love from both Country and Americana voters imo.

I don’ think that two country albums will get into aoty. That said, Gaslighter may be ahead, making it hard for “The Highwomen”. I don’t see two country albums made by women being in aoty together.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

So far only Abel on lock winning best album in his category. The Chicks vs The Highwomen for best country album will be intense, and so do Bob Dylan vs Jason Isbell for best Americana album. Taylor vs Dua for best pop album also interesting but I have folklore as front runner. I’m struggling to pick final five nominees for best alternative album, too many good competitors tho :

• The Slow Rush – Tame Impala
    • Fetch The Bolt Cutters – Fiona Apple
    • MAGDALENE – FKA twig
    • Two Hands – Big Thief
    • Punisher – Phoebe Bridgers
    • Women in Music Pt. III – HAIM
    • Hyperspace – Beck
    Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

The Highwomen + Album of the Year = NOT happening

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.