Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 499 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
rue
blackwidow12
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

You’re racist as hell.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

As if kanye, beyonce, jay z hasn’t 20+ grammys. Kendrick, childish gambino didn’t win huge some year.

AOTY is not the only award given by grammys. There are 80+ more categories.

AOTY is easily the biggest.

Let’s stick to facts; Black artists have been snubbed time and time again in the general field. Wins in genre specific fields do not cancel that out.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

As if kanye, beyonce, jay z hasn’t 20+ grammys. Kendrick, childish gambino didn’t win huge some year. AOTY is not the only award given by grammys. There are 80+ more categories.

That’s exactly why the Grammys are so white. Beyoncé only has one GF win among her 70 noms, Kendrick, Jay-Z and Kanye has none and Gambino won after that 2018 mess with a socially impactful song. Totally b.s. what you’ve said here.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

No one is indeed presuming to know what the BRP will do,abelfenty made some predictions, and it is just simply logic to think that after 2 straight white women having won AOTY the last two years, and with Taylor having won said award twice in the past, and added to the racial situation in the United States. It seems deductible to think that she will be blocked, just by pure logic, in the end, only they will know what to do It is pretty clear you cannot make a prediction with Ms. Swift out without pissing some people here…

I was just pointing out that it’s unlikely that Taylor gets 0 GF nominations which is a common idea on this forum amongst fans of hers and non-fans alike. It was actually a good discourse until the troll came along.

I’m torn between The Highwomen and The Chicks for AOTY. The Highwomen seems a little bit more fresh to me, so in the end might go with them. TH getting into AOTY and The Chicks getting a SOTY nom for Gaslighter seems about right.

It’s interesting that The Highwomen feel more fresh since their album was released back in early September and The Chicks’ came out in July. Personally I have The Chicks over them in Album and Song but I wouldn’t be shocked if your prediction comes true.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

We don’t care about either of those things. Music should be just shading Taylor and rewarded with ROTY and SOTY at the Grammys for a black artist.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Where do you think The Highwomen will enter, Country or Americana?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

And he’ll be only the 2nd living Black artist to win with original material in Billie Eilish’s lifetime.

Thank you for reminding me that the last black AOTY winner was a cover album of a white woman’s discography lmaoooo

They really hate black music and consider it inferior, it’s just comical at this point

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I don’ think that two country albums will get into aoty. That said, Gaslighter may be ahead, making it hard for “The Highwomen”. I don’t see two country albums made by women being in aoty together.

Yeah, I agree we won’t have both in AOTY. Atm I have The Highwomen in AOTY and The Chicks in SOTY. I really like both so I will be happy anyway.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Lol what makes someone think that Folklore will get completely snubbed in the GF when even Lover was nominated?

Divide wasn’t snubbed because they simply wanted diversity. It was because Ed was white AND he had an awful album by consensus.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 36)’ is closed to new replies.