Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 761 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
ELIAS✨
Boz
  • Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

I’ve said this in my previous post, but the angle that folklore should be blocked for an After Hours win is so ridiculously patronising and it boggles my mind that people think it’s the right move for the Grammys. Imagine Abel reading that sentiment: “This album is legitimate competition for you, but don’t worry, we won’t let it compete so you can win.” What on earth? That is not what POC are talking about when we say we want the Grammys to be more inclusive. It’s not real change; it’s performative white nonsense masquerading as progress, which I guess is pretty fitting for the Grammys considering most of the ‘changes’ they’ve instituted so far.

A snub will impact absolutely nothing in the long run. White artists will keep releasing good-but-not-great albums that are undeniable AOTY contenders every year and keep winning the award unless the Grammys actually do something about it. Is their solution just blocking those artists from competing? How about they try actually proving to people that they’re interested in real progress and making legitimate changes as an organisation? Removing Taylor Swift’s album from contention because it’s one of the years biggest, most acclaimed and a legitimate threat isn’t that. If you think it is, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’ve said this in my previous post, but the angle that folklore should be blocked for an After Hours win is so ridiculously patronising and it boggles my mind that people think it’s the right move for the Grammys. Imagine Abel reading that sentiment: “This album is legitimate competition for you, but don’t worry, we won’t let it compete so you can win.” What on earth? That is not what POC are talking about when we say we want the Grammys to be more inclusive. It’s not real change; it’s performative white nonsense masquerading as progress, which I guess is pretty fitting for the Grammys considering most of the ‘changes’ they’ve instituted so far. A snub will impact absolutely nothing in the long run. White artists will keep releasing good-but-not-great albums that are undeniable AOTY contenders every year and keep winning the award unless the Grammys actually do something about it. Is their solution just blocking those artists from competing? How about they try actually proving to people that they’re interested in real progress and making legitimate changes as an organisation? Removing Taylor Swift’s album from contention because it’s one of the years biggest, most acclaimed and a legitimate threat isn’t that. If you think it is, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Basically this. Grammy need a fresh and clean reset. Moonlight won Best Picture not due to to BLM, it’s simply the fact it was the best and most standout movie of the year. If I have the power to change the previous AOTY winners, it could be like this :

• 2010 – Fearless
    • 2011 – The Suburbs
    • 2012 – 21
    • 2013 – Channel Orange
    • 2014 – Random Access Memories
    • 2015 – Morning Phase
    • 2016 – To Pimp A Butterfly
    • 2017 – Lemonade
    • 2018 – Melodrama
    • 2019 – Golden Hour
    • 2020 – Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

After Hours is not winning AOTY.

Don’t understand why so many posters are acting like they NEED to give AOTY to a black artist – they could easily give Weeknd ROTY and/or SOTY and call it a day, but even still they don’t NEED to do that.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Grammys.com interviewed Dua Lipa for CFN, you can read it on their site. One question from Grammys.com starts with the following:

There’s a disco-pop revival happening in music right now. Future Nostalgia is one of the albums leading the way. Why did you decide to take that direction?

It is an interesting question as phrased.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, blocking Taylor Swift will guarantee that the bitch does NOT win Album of the Year a third time.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Honey, blocking Taylor Swift will guarantee that the bitch does NOT win Album of the Year a third time.

Wait really? That clarifies a lot up; the rest of us assumed she’d win through a write-in vote!

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Tomorrow is the official final date of the eligibilty period, voting starts in about one month.

Events scheduled apart todays VMAS:

Academy of Country Music Awards, September 16th

Billboard Music Awards, October 14th

American Music Awards, November 22nd

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  The blue-ribbon committee blocking Taylor Swift would NOT be controversial.  Only delusional Swifties would have their panties in a twist.  No one else would give a shit.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Tomorrow is the official final date of the eligibilty period, voting starts in about one month.

Events scheduled apart todays VMAS:

Academy of Country Music Awards, September 16th

Billboard Music Awards, October 14th

American Music Awards, November 22nd

Other than this ones you mentioned, the CMAs are scheduled to happen in November. We still don’t have the official date though.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Besides fans, no one even cares about who is winning what? and this number of people who don’t care are infinity times more than pressed fans.

exactly the people on this forum seriously think the world actually gives a fuck about who wins a damn music award. No one outside of stan twitter and this damn site cares.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Other than this ones you mentioned, the CMAs are scheduled to happen in Novemeber. We still don’t have the official date though.

The nominees for CMA Awards will be announced on Tuesday, 1st of Sept on GMA. It will be interested to see who is getting nominated.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Basically this. Grammy need a fresh and clean reset. Moonlight won Best Picture not due to to BLM, it’s simply the fact it was the best and most standout movie of the year. If I have the power to change the previous AOTY winners, it could be like this :

• 2010 – Fearless
    • 2011 – The Suburbs
    • 2012 – 21
    • 2013 – Channel Orange
    • 2014 – Random Access Memories
    • 2015 – Morning Phase
    • 2016 – To Pimp A Butterfly
    • 2017 – Lemonade
    • 2018 – Melodrama
    • 2019 – Golden Hour
    • 2020 – Norman Fucking Rockwell!

I think that happend because the Oscars have a preferetial vote system, that is also the reason why Roma did not win best picture in 2019

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

it’s so bizarre to have the BBMAs awarding songs from 2018-19 after this year’s VMAs.

and also the ACMAs and the CMAs covering up two different years in Country music so close to each other. in fact, the ACM nominations are so “old” that Rainbow is still being rightfully honored and The Bones wasn’t nominated because it hadn’t gained incredible stability in the charts yet.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 761 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.