Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 808 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
BYEDON2020
Boz
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Grammy don’t really care about the movie reception. Heck two songs from Suicide Squad made it into the category.

OMG lol. I like Beautiful Ghosts, it’s a nice song that would have benefitted from another performer. I would be surprised if it gets in.

Profile picture
    dipro
    Topics:

Since when the VMAs are a precursor of the grammys, “The Man” won’t be even getting nominated for BMV, as I said “Blinding Lights” is the one getting nominated and maybe winning.

The way is blatant obvious artists are buying those, that forgotten artists like Maluma and CNCO winning over “Tusa” and “Do It” is truly embarrasing.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Do you know you are literally proving Taylor’s song point with this rambling ? If she were a man this discussion would not be taking place.

Sure, call me sexist. She’s still not getting nominated for it.

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Get real!  “The Man and “Rain On Me” are NOT happening in Best Music Video.  The delusion stops today.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The fact that Miss Taylor suddenly becomes a contender for BMV after her surprise win in Best Director category. Shook Anyway, what about her chance for Best Song Written for Visual Media? Beautiful Ghost or Only The Young?

Cats was a bomb, so I think Only The Young is the right choice, since Miss Americana is very likely to get a Best Music Film nomination.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

for the love of God, can “Reflection (2020)” please be nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance? at 39, Christina outdid her 17-year-old self flawlessly

FYC: Everyone black & Fiona Apple

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The awards become a precursor when there’s a direct, sustained correlation with a winner from those awards and the final Grammy nominees. And we’re talking about the technical categories, not the fan-voted ones.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Grammy don’t really care about the movie reception. Heck two songs from Suicide Squad made it into the category.

Suicide Squad had some bangers though. I still listen to Heathens.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

OMG lol. I like Beautiful Ghosts, it’s a nice song that would have benefitted from another performer. I would be surprised if it gets in.

Cats was an abomination, critically panned, the only acclaim about this movie is Beautiful Ghost nomination for Golden Globes. A mess lol

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Since when the VMAs are a precursor of the grammys,

Best Direction VMA:
    2010 – Bad Romance (won BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2011 – Make Some Noise (didn’t get a Grammy nomination)
    2012 – Bad Girls (got a nom for BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2013 – Suit and Tie (won BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2014 – Turn Down For What (got a nom for BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2015 – Alright (got a nom for BMV at the Grammy’s; Kendrick still won the Grammy but for a different song)
    2016 – Formation (won BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2017 – HUMBLE. (won BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2018 – This Is America (won BMV at the Grammy’s)
    2019 – Old Town Road (won BMV at the Grammy’s)

Profile picture
    dipro
    Topics:

And you think “The Man” is better directed than the rest of nominees. It’s obvious they feel the need to award Taylor in something and “televise” Best Direction, just because it’s her. LMAO And it’s obvious there’s something fishy going on there.

Don’t say “Blinding Lights” ain’t winning, just because it didn’t win anything technical and fit your narrative. “Bad Blood” flopped like that and it was nominated across the board, but it won VOTY and went to win BMV, what about that?

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, the VMAs should NOT have kissed Lady Gaga’s ass like that.  The good thing is, she ain’t winning no Grammys.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

And how many tech awards did Blinding Lights win again? Mother’s Daughter isn’t eligible for this Grammy cycle anyways. Gaga is a past BMV winner and Rain On Me got noms in all the tech noms it was eligible. I don’t even know why I’m bothering, you only come to these forums to hate on Lady Gaga for some reason. Get help honey.

Gaga is a past BMV winner with an actually very good and impactful video/song. Not a green screen mess with a frontloaded “hit”.

She was nominated across the board because they were giving her an honorary award. That doesn’t mean anything for her Grammy chances with the video, which is not Grammy material. Now stop with the delusion.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

You’re just saying that because it’s impossible to accept that Taylor won an award because she’s actually talented.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

If The Man or All the Good Girl Go to Hell was huge (A la This is America), I would understand it winning? But when EVER has the Grammys cared about artistic creativity. Hell FKA twigs learned to poll dance for months, and still have gave to Old Town Road for riding horses and doing two steps. So no, both Billie and Taylor are not winning.

BMV currently for the frontrunners are Blinding Lights and Rain On Me. Outside VMA picks are The Box, Physical (nominated not win), and Cardigan (?). Anyways we will have to wait and see.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 808 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.