Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 808 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
BYEDON2020
Boz
  • Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Best Direction VMA: 2010 – Bad Romance (won BMV at the Grammy’s) 2011 – Make Some Noise (didn’t get a Grammy nomination) 2012 – Bad Girls (got a nom for BMV at the Grammy’s) 2013 – Suit and Tie (won BMV at the Grammy’s) 2014 – Turn Down For What (got a nom for BMV at the Grammy’s) 2015 – Alright (got a nom for BMV at the Grammy’s; Kendrick still won the Grammy but for a different song) 2016 – Formation (won BMV at the Grammy’s) 2017 – HUMBLE. (won BMV at the Grammy’s) 2018 – This Is America (won BMV at the Grammy’s) 2019 – Old Town Road (won BMV at the Grammy’s)

It’s not about the VMA’s predicting it. Most/all of those videos were winning technical awards left and right in more serious(and less well known) awards.

Something The Man isn’t, as far I know. That’s why it’s obviously not fitting a pattern.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Suicide Squad had some bangers though. I still listen to Heathens.

Which is my main point, Grammy don’t care about how good or disastrous the movie is, they are not Oscar/Golden Globes. Fifty Shades trilogy have three nominations for best song written and we all know that the movie is uhmm a choice. With lack of movie releases due to Covid-19 this year, I think the window of opportunity is quite open.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

If The Man or All the Good Girl Go to Hell was huge (A la This is America), I would understand it winning? But when EVER has the Grammys cared about artistic creativity..

I’m not going as far as to say Taylor’s winning. I’m just talking about nominations.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

If The Man or All the Good Girl Go to Hell was huge (A la This is America), I would understand it winning? But when EVER has the Grammys cared about artistic creativity. Hell FKA twigs learned to poll dance for months, and still have gave to Old Town Road for riding horses and doing two steps. So no, both Billie and Taylor are not winning. BMV currently for the frontrunners are Blinding Lights and Rain On Me. Outside VMA picks are The Box, Physical (nominated not win), and Cardigan (?). Anyways we will have to wait and see.

Blinding Lights will win. The Box and/or Physical might be nominated but won’t win.

ROM and Cardigan aren’t happening because the panel will block them.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Reflection 2020 for Best Pop Solo Performance. Christina Aguilera just released the best vocal performance of the year!

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: cardigan
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    Music Video: The Man
    Music Film: Miss Americana

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Gaga is a past BMV winner with an actually very good and impactful video/song. Not a green screen mess with a frontloaded “hit”.

She was nominated across the board because they were giving her an honorary award. That doesn’t mean anything for her Grammy chances with the video, which is not Grammy material. Now stop with the delusion.

Again, no. I’m talking about technical noms.

Vaguard Winners
    Missy Elliot – 0 tech noms
    JLo – 0 tech noms
    P!nk – 0 tech noms
    Rihanna – 0 tech noms
    Kanye West – 0 tech noms

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Again with the blocking.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

It’s not about the VMA’s predicting it. Most/all of those videos were winning technical awards left and right in more serious(and less well known) awards.

Something The Man isn’t, as far I know. That’s why it’s obviously not fitting a pattern.

Please tell us more about those serious awards. The only othee music video awards Old Town Road was nominated were the NRJs and AMAs – both which took place well after the VMAs.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

But most times it does. We found love won BMV and VOTY without being nominated in any of the technical awards. MTV has a hard time of letting black artists sweep. The only one who has done it recently is Beyoncé so I’m taking these wins with a grain of salt. They clearly pandered to Gaga.

Kendrick Totally owned the 2017 VMAs sweep real hard, I guess we all forgot since we were watching Game Of Thrones season 7 finale

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Again, no. I’m talking about technical noms. Vaguard Winners Missy Elliot – 0 tech noms JLo – 0 tech noms P!nk – 0 tech noms Rihanna – 0 tech noms Kanye West – 0 tech noms

Honey, the Music Video Grammy is always the same. They nominate 1 or 2 mainstream videos to secure its win and the rest is underground/indie.

Blinding Lights is getting a nomination because it’s THE hit of the year. All the other mainstream videos are fighting for the second one. ROM will get the “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Hello” treatment for obvious reasons.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Honey, the Music Video Grammy is always the same. They nominate 1 or 2 mainstream videos to secure its win and the rest is underground/indie.

Blinding Lights is getting a nomination because it’s THE hit of the year. All the other mainstream videos are fighting for the second one. ROM will get the “Look What You Made Me Do” and “Hello” treatment for obvious reasons.

Look What You Made Me Do bombed at the VMAs and Hello got blocked to clear the way for a Formation win; it too bombed at the VMAs. Next caller.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

We love THE hit of the year Formation by Beyoncé

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Just scrolled through; I was convinced The Man stood no chance in BMV due to how much it bombed but this discussion is changing my perspective. I think it and Blinding Lights will be the 2 mainstream noms.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

The same posters claiming Old Town Road wouldn’t be nominated in BMV last year after its Direction win at the VMAs are the same ones saying The Man won’t be nominated this year.

Taylor is happening in BMV.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Just scrolled through; I was convinced The Man stood no chance in BMV due to how much it bombed but this discussion is changing my perspective. I think it and Blinding Lights will be the 2 mainstream noms.

Well, it shouldn’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 808 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.