Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 808 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
BYEDON2020
Boz
  • Profile picture
    dipro
    Topics:

I think “Blinding Lights” and “Physical” will the two mainstream nominees in BMV.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

We love THE hit of the year Formation by Beyoncé

Stop playing(?) dumb.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

I think “Blinding Lights” and “Physical” will the two mainstream nominees in BMV.

Me too, but Physical needs to be submitted first.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

I don’t like The Man the song. The video is cool though, so congrats hopefully she can get a BMV nod. I would have never thought she’d be pushing for a song from a previous era but congrats to her if she pulls it off. Maybe the academy will start appreciating artists who self direct their videos some more. As of now BL is the front runner because it’s just a huge song and Findesemna will be nominated across the board. But come on y’all! You can’t possibly tell me that Findesemna actually won VOTY. Clearly it was giving to him to get him to perform. There’s no way in hell you’ll expect me to believe that his fans out voted the Little Monsters and Arianators.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

The same posters claiming Old Town Road wouldn’t be nominated in BMV last year after its Direction win at the VMAs are the same ones saying The Man won’t be nominated this year. Taylor is happening in BMV.

Why do you guys make parallels like that? Old Town Road was a 20x times #1 song. The Man didn’t even reach top 20. It would need to rely solely on its VMA to win to get a Grammy nomination and it also has other weaknesses, like the fact that it’s not from the eligible album Taylor has.

Are you guys really serious about VMA’s having that much of a say on what the Grammys will nominate? LMAO

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Best Music Video
    1. The Man – Taylor Swift
    2. Physical – Dua Lipa
    3. I Can’t Breathe – H.E.R.
    4. La vita nuova – Christine and the Queens
    5. Describe – Perfume Genius

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

I don’t like The Man the song. The video is cool though, so congrats hopefully she can get a BMV nod. I would have never thought she’d be pushing for a song from a previous era but congrats to her if she pulls it off. Maybe the academy will start appreciating artists who self direct their videos some more. As of now BL is the front runner because it’s just a huge song and Findesemna will be nominated across the board. But come on y’all! You can’t possibly tell me that Findesemna actually won VOTY. Clearly it was giving to him to get him to perform. There’s no way in hell you’ll expect me to believe that his fans out voted the Little Monsters and Arianators.

No one believes he got the most votes, it was just a compensation for the big year he had and accepting to perform. but thats all what mtv is about anyway.

and also the last 2 voty winners received criticism for not representing well that year. even if he coulve taken aoty or soty, voty is the biggest award of the show so it made sense he had that.

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I keep forgetting about Perfume Genius and I LOVED his album.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Best Music Video
    1. The Man – Taylor Swift
    2. Physical – Dua Lipa
    3. I Can’t Breathe – H.E.R.
    4. La vita nuova – Christine and the Queens
    5. Describe – Perfume Genius

You’re a troll

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Why do you guys make parallels like that? Old Town Road was a 20x times #1 song. The Man didn’t even reach top 20. It would need to rely solely on its VMA to win to get a Grammy nomination and it also has other weaknesses, like the fact that it’s not from the eligible album Taylor has.

Are you guys really serious about VMA’s having that much of a say on what the Grammys will nominate? LMAO

It doesn’t matter if Old Town Road was a much bigger hit.

Every winner of Direction apart from one was nominated for BMV at the Grammys – so yes, in a way it does have an impact on the Grammy nominations.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

It’s obvious Gaga and Ariana won VOTY. But the VMA’s were never gonna give the award to the most voted one, whoever that was.

They always give it to the one they want to win. Mirrors, Formation didn’t win the poll either. Havana only won because Gambino wasn’t there.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

You’re a troll

What makes you say this?

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

What makes you say this?

Because he is a troll.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

What pisses me off is that if ANYBODY else in that lineup won Direction, you would all be calling it a lock for a nod right now. But Taylor won so of course you don’t think she will be nominated.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Also, may I remind you that a lot of posters were saying that Harry would get in BMV had he won direction. These are probably the same people that are now saying that this award means nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 808 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.