Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 808 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
BYEDON2020
Boz
  • Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter if Old Town Road was a much bigger hit. Every winner of Direction apart from one was nominated for BMV at the Grammys – so yes, in a way it does have an impact on the Grammy nominations.

When the video has critical or commercial impact, yes. When it’s an out of nowhere nomination for a flop song from an album from last cycle, I doubt it.

If there wasn’t a panel behind the category, I’d say she’d have a shot. But Taylor Swift is too big of a name to be nominated for that, they know she’d be a threat for the win and they won’t want that for a video no one watched or talked about.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

What pisses me off is that if EVERYBODY else in that lineup won Direction, you would all be calling it a lock for a nod right now. But Taylor so of course you don’t think she will be nominated.

She will be nominated, but to me the only strange thing is that lover is past era. This should translate in a cardigan nomination imo.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

What pisses me off is that if ANYBODY else in that lineup won Direction, you would all be calling it a lock for a nod right now. But Taylor so of course you don’t think she will be nominated.

I’m not hating on Taylor, because I actually like her(not really as a person, but as an artist). I just don’t think The Man has any impact, which is a requirement for a nomination if we’re talking mainstream/pop artists. The Directing VMA win is literally the only thing it has, unlike the other winners.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

But Taylor Swift is too big of a name to be nominated for that, they know she’d be a threat for the win

According to you guys, taylor is a threat in every category so Grammys are blocking her everywhere.

Stop making JOKE.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

When the video has critical or commercial impact, yes. When it’s an out of nowhere nomination for a flop song from an album from last cycle, I doubt it.

If there wasn’t a panel behind the category, I’d say she’d have a shot. But Taylor Swift is too big of a name to be nominated for that, they know she’d be a threat for the win and they won’t want that for a video no one watched or talked about.

It doesn’t matter if the song flopped. It’s an award for the music video, not the song.

The Man has clear industry support if it won Direction. And why would they want Taylor to win? She’s only won this category once before and is having a great year. Maybe YOU don’t want her to win – which is a personal problem.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

According to you guys, taylor is a threat in every category so Grammys are blocking her everywhere. Stop making JOKE.

In every category, not. In a category that only has 1 or 2 mainstream nominess every year, YES.

Going by that logic, Gaga and Taylor are both getting blocked in Best Music Video just in case Grammy voters are dumb enough to vote for their (clearly inferior) material.  There’s precedent for that type of situation in Music Video and Music Film, I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about it.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

My delusional ass is about to predict Reflection in Pop Solo. Because, why not?

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I still think Taylor is going to submit “cardigan” instead of The Man because even in her speech she promoted her new album. I think that will be her main focus come award season making sure that “folklore” gets all the attention. She probably sees The VMA as enough reward for The Man.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Going by that logic, Gaga and Taylor are both getting blocked in Best Music Video just in case Grammy voters are dumb enough to vote for their (clearly inferior) material.

Learn meaning of inferior first. Atleast one of them are going to be nominated. Taylor and gaga both are not getting blocked at same time.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter if the song flopped. It’s an award for the music video, not the song. The Man has clear industry support if it won Direction. And why would they want Taylor to win? She’s only one this category once before and is having a great year. Maybe YOU don’t want her to win – which is a personal problem.

It shouldn’t, but it does.

Every Best Music Video winner since 2010 was a top 10 hit. Literally no exception. Most of them were #1 hits, even.

Boom Boom Pow #1
    Bad Romance #2
    Rolling in the Deep #1
    We Found Love #1
    Suit ‘n Tie #3
    Happy #1
    Bad Blood #1
    Formation #10
    Humble #1
    This is America #1
    Old Town Road #1

Formation was the only non-top 3 hit. And we’re talking about Beyoncé, the second biggest female Grammy winner ever. And even she would most likely have lost if Adele was nominated with her #1 hit.

Profile picture
    dipro
    Topics:

There were more popular nominees than ever in the technical categories, MTV is screwing those categories like they did with the fan-voted ones.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Taylor can happen in best music video with the man
    and the bost of a new era could help its winning chances

like Joanne era got bosted in pop solo thanks to ASIB era

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

1. “VMAs mean nothing because they are fan voted.”
    – Taylor Wins best Director industry voted award. “Oh it was just given to her it means nothing.”

2. “Taylor is only number one on billboard because she has no competition”
    – Taylor outsells Pop Smoke “Pop Smoke sells just as good as Taylor. Her numbers aren’t all that Because Popsmoke is right behind her”

3. Taylor releases a critically acclaimed, commercial success of an album, a lock for a nod in AOTY.
    “She’ll be blocked because If she doesn’t she’ll win”
    – Taylor gets nominated: “Taylor will not win because she’s white”

Y’all are seriously exhausting!

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: cardigan
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    Music Video: The Man
    Music Film: Miss Americana

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Hold your horses and start saying she won’t win IF she’s nominated.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Also, may I remind you that a lot of posters were saying that Harry would get in BMV had he won direction. These are probably the same people that are now saying that this award means nothing.

I am really worried about Harry and his chances at the Grammys, he has never been nominated before, he is very unlucky with these award shows.
    I am starting to feel he is really vulnerable, specially in pop solo

Pop vocal album might end up being his sole nomination

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 808 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 37)’ is closed to new replies.