Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 633 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Monsoon 🌊
ciguanaba
rue
  • Profile picture
    JustGuy
    Topics:

You really think “cardigan” is missing Pop Solo? 👀 Even after “You Need to Calm Down” got in? Wow.

Definitely. I currently have her set up like this.

Locked: Album of the Year, Pop Vocal Album
    Likely: Pop Solo, Pop Duo, Music Video
    Long Shots: Music Film, Record, Song

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Roddy is more locked than all of those.

I can see Taylor and Fiona, even if I don’t agree with it, but The Weeknd and Post Malone are absolutely more likely than Roddy Ricch.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Definitely. I currently have her set up like this.

Locked: Album of the Year, Pop Vocal Album
    Likely: Pop Solo, Pop Duo, Music Video
    Long Shots: Music Film, Record, Song

Whew Chile.

You are definitely underestimating the good sis TS 👀

“cardigan” has Song of the Year & Pop Solo nominations written all over it.

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  Taylor Swift is NOT happening in Album of the Year and Best Music Video.  We went through this bullshit last year with you delusional Swifties.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Folklore is in a better position than Lover though. The predictions are valid.

It’s more acclaimed, respected, and baity.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

I can see Taylor and Fiona, even if I don’t agree with it, but The Weeknd and Post Malone are absolutely more likely than Roddy Ricch.

Roddy has one of the biggest albums of the year. He also has two of the biggest hits this year, he is also going to be the only rap album to make it in (it might be the case that another one gets in but most albums this year might not make the top 20). If anyone is a lock is Roddy Ricch.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Yeah, that lineup is too white, not surprising coming from a swiftie though.

It’s not really though. The only other POC that has a chance at an AOTY nomination is Juice Wrld. RTJ4 isn’t getting in: that album has been completely forgotten outside of GoldDerby circles.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! Taylor Swift is NOT happening in Album of the Year and Best Music Video. We went through this bullshit last year with you Swifties.

Can’t wait till your proved wrong 😊

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Taylor
    Roddy
    & The Weeknd

are the only locks.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Album Of The Year Predictions (that are totally going to change multiple times before nominations are announced)

1. After Hours: The Weeknd- pretty self explanatory. Big album with the biggest hit of the year.

2. Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial: Roddy Ricch- Once again, pretty self explanatory. One of the biggest albums with one of the biggest hits of the year.

3. Folklore: Taylor Swift-First Swift album to garner universal acclaim. Change of sound for Taylor which I suspect the Recording Academy will like. Album sales are, unsurprisingly, amazing. Only argument against her getting in is that she could be blocked, which I doubt will happen.

4. Hollywood’s Bleeding: Post Malone. Circles is one of the biggest hits ever. Hollywood’s Bleeding is still top 10 on the BB200. However, while he has all this success he does lack acclaim. I don’t think that will stop him as B&B got into AOTY, despite being panned.

5. Fetch the Boltcutters: Fiona Apple-The most acclaimed album of all time. However, they could easily skip Fiona if she continues to ignore this album like she is now.

6. Jamie: Brittany Howard-Previous AOTY nominee with a well-liked album.

7. Ungodly Hour: Chloe x Halle-All of this campaigning these girls are doing is going to pay off I believe. Being contacted to a woman who the Grammys have always loved is going to help them too.

8. The Highwomen-Ive been debating on whether or not this will go to RTJ4 or The Highwomen. I feel they will want some country representation this year and The Highwomen would be a good candidate for that.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

FYC:
    Pee, Casper, POZ, Chimichanga, Old Thot, & Wanksta as Bullies of the Year.

I actually laughed. You are kinda mentally ill.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

the #1 song on Global Spotify/Global Apple Music just received coverage by CNN, weeks after having a whole segment dedicated to it by Fox News

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

FYC:
    Monsoon clown of the year for taking shit too seriously, clogging the threads with bs and making unnecessary drama with everyone.

Profile picture
    KBeckett
    Topics:

I don’t think the comparisons of Fiona to Lorde, Kacey, Lana, or Janelle are apt at all. The latter 4 during their AOTY nom times all released multiple music videos for their songs, with Janelle even making a whole movie to go alongside Dirty Computer. They all did interviews and actually campaigned somewhat for their nom, with Lana even playing for the Academy. The one outlier in the latter 4 you could try to argue is maybe Lorde, but I’d argue Lorde did a bunch of live performances of her songs for Melo. Fiona in comparison has done zilch for her nom, nothing that the others cited have done at all. That’s why I strongly suspect she won’t get nommed for AOTY and only Alt Album.

Not much to see here I’m afraid...

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

FYC:
    Monsoon clown of the year for taking shit too seriously, clogging the threads with bs and making unnecessary drama with everyone.

Added you to my FYC campaign! I hope you win.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.