Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 633 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Monsoon 🌊
ciguanaba
rue
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

People underestimating Dua once again. Bitch have one of the most acclaim albums and songs of 2020. There’s no way it will get snubbed for Best Pop Solo and Best Pop Vocal Album. Even general field seems very likely at this point.

I think people are overestimating her. I’m meeting the over-predicters in the middle and I think she’s pretty much secure in Record and Pop Vocal Album. SOTY is a stretch in my opinion for such a mundane track (do not clap back with examples of mundane tracks nominated before, lol, I’m aware I’m setting myself up) and Pop Solo is very crowded and Harry and her are the most vulnerable.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

i can see Dua winning pop album

will depend how much they liked Taylor, its between the 2 imo

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

only a fool would say that FN and DSN were left out in PopSolo and BPVA, but in the general field I can see two only in ROTY

Well call me a fool but there’s no way that Dua is getting more votes than Taylor so I have cardigan instead of Don’t Start Now.

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

my predictions for Dia are: BBVA: FN

Pop Solo: DSN

ROTY: DSN

I also see her in best music video and STOY by Physical and DSN respectively.

Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

Well call me a fool but there’s no way that Dua is getting more votes than Taylor so I have cardigan instead of Don’t Start Now.

the 5/6 nominees for Pop Solo believe that Tay and Dua will be among them, but Abel will win anyway.
    SOTY taylor must be in front of Dua Lipa, but Abel will also win.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Dude you choose Harry and Maren over Dua in Best Pop Solo. She’s definitely ahead of those two

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

It’s best not to take what most people say in this forum seriously as truly no one in here’s opion truly matters and some of user here live vicariously through these artist soo.. but you can’t bash a group and their fans and think they won’t respond duh especially with fallacies and lies…. anyway

I have to agree that Dua might get snubbed from AOTY, but she’s definitely a lock for BPVA, BPSP, ROT and potentially Best Dance Recording.

Btw do you think Dua could potentially get a Best Remix a recording nom as well?

I think her changes for best MV are low

not again people predicting mainstream act for Best Dance recording,I have lose the count on how many times I have explained they are not eligible for that category anymore unless they are feat artist on a song of someone else.

I guess is easy to get confused seeing Justin Bieber and Dua Lipa has recent winners in that category

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I think people are overestimating her. I’m meeting the over-predicters in the middle and I think she’s pretty much secure in Record and Pop Vocal Album. SOTY is a stretch in my opinion for such a mundane track (do not clap back with examples of mundane tracks nominated before, lol, I’m aware I’m setting myself up) and Pop Solo is very crowded and Harry and her are the most vulnerable.

Overestimating her is understandable since she has both commercial and critical success in her pocket. She’s also BNA winner

For you consideration :

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

god, I just hope another sweep doesn’t happen, its becoming extremely boring

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I can see Lipa in these scenarios:

Weeknd/Malone/Swift/Lipa/Eilish

Or:

Weekend/Malone/Swift/Lipa/Styles

My limited instinct tells me that the first three are there to stay and the last spots are unpredictable.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Dude you choose Harry and Maren over Dua in Best Pop Solo. She’s definitely ahead of those two

I didn’t choose Maren, I was building a posible scenario where Maren was submitted in Pop. I agree, Harry is also vulnerable; but either one of them can make it. Predictions are hard and complicated, or else we wouldn’t keep talking about it.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Am i the only one who likes Beautiful Ghosts?

that is my fav recent song of Taylor, such a shame it is attached to a awful movie, I am still rooting for it at BSWFVM

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

The weekend, post Malone and dua lipa are 100% locks for pop solo.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I didn’t choose Maren, I was building a posible scenario where Maren was submitted in Pop. I agree, Harry is also vulnerable; but either one of them can make it. Predictions are hard and complicated, or else we wouldn’t keep talking about it.

I think Best Pop Solo pretty much on ‘lock’ at this point :

• Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
    • cardigan – Taylor Swift
    • Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
    • Circles – Post Malone
    • Adore You/Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles

Everything I Wanted, Stupid Love and The Bones could be the dark horse replacing Harry since he’s the most vulnerable one, or one of them might get into it in case they add extra one slot.

For you consideration :

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

What Dua has on her side is that she is campaigning like crazy, she seems very hungry for recognition, she will burns all the cartridges she can

but if they end up snubbing her, I can see it really affecting her

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.