Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Brenda Meeks
ciguanaba
rue
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

that is my fav recent song of Taylor, such a shame it is attached to a awful movie, I am still rooting for it at BSWFVM

I think she can make it thanks to folklore hype. She’s benefiting from lack of movie release this year due to pandemic + Grammy don’t care about movie reception. Suicide Squad and Fifty Shades Trilogy snatched multiple nominations despite been panned by critics.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

It shouldn’t. She’ll be recognized with a GF nod for a great pop/dance single.

Re: Dua feeling bad because of a “snub”. : )

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Dua getting snubbed from the gf? I can kinda see it. But it’s very unlikely. I still feel like The Weeknd in the only contender that’s a sure thing to appear in AOTY and Song and/or Record.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Dua could miss in Pop Solo, which has gotten very crowded with The Weeknd, Post, Taylor, Harry, Billie, and Doja vying for nominations, along with outside contenders like Lewis Capaldi, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, Tones and I, etc. who could surprise.

Pop Album seems safer due to the relative lack of competition but she could get bumped out there, especially since Future Nostalgia has not been a strong seller in the US.

I still think she’s getting in ROTY and AOTY is still a possibility (although she’s on shakier ground now that Taylor fills her niche), but I don’t think the 4-5 nominations most people here are pegging her for is realistic.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I guess is easy to get confused seeing Justin Bieber and Dua Lipa has recent winners in that category

Even though both won as a feature on a Diplo project.

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Get real!  Dua Lipa will NOT miss in Best Pop Solo Performance.  “Don’t Start Now” is too big to ignore there.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Get real! Dua Lipa will NOT miss in Best Pop Solo Performance. “Don’t Start Now” is too big to ignore there.

This is a bullshit argument when plenty of huge hits have missed in Pop Solo Performance / Male/Female Pop Vocal Performance, including ones people thought were “too big to ignore”

This is a year full of hits that were too big to ignore and not all of them are going to make it in

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Dua could miss in Pop Solo, which has gotten very crowded with The Weeknd, Post, Taylor, Harry, Billie, and Doja vying for nominations, along with outside contenders like Lewis Capaldi, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, Tones and I, etc. who could surprise. Pop Album seems safer due to the relative lack of competition but she could get bumped out there, especially since Future Nostalgia has not been a strong seller in the US. I still think she’s getting in ROTY and AOTY is still a possibility (although she’s on shakier ground now that Taylor fills her niche), but I don’t think the 4-5 nominations most people here are pegging her for is realistic.

Do you think its possible for Dua to miss a pop vocal album nom to a more WTF nominee like K Bye For Now by Ariana?

Ever since we got 8 nominees in the GF, some albums are being snubbed in their genre field and only making into AOTY

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

This is a bullshit argument when plenty of huge hits have missed in Pop Solo Performance / Male/Female Pop Vocal Performance, including ones people thought were “too big to ignore” This is a year full of hits that were too big to ignore and not all of them are going to make it in

Don’t Start Now is not just that big but also critically acclaimed. A snub is highly unlikely.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

I think Dua is more vulnerable in album categories than songs, for me she is lock in pop solo and roty

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I don’t think Dua will miss out. The only category she “can” miss is AOTY but I don’t see any album that could potentially replace her spot. She’s had enough success this year for her to be a potential nominee. She’s got the sound and style voters love as well. AOTY isn’t really as crowded as much as ROTY and SOTY if you really think about it, in my opinion. I think Don’t Start Now and Blinding Lights are two absolute locks in Pop Solo.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I also don’t see Dua missing the pop field. I have her in BPVA, BPSP, ROTY and maybe SOTY.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:
    • 2020 – Billie, Lizzo, H.E.R.
    • 2019 – Kendrick Lamar, Brandi Carlile, Drake
    • 2018 – Bruno Mars, Jay-Z
    • 2017 – Adele, Beyonce
    • 2016 – Taylor Swift
    • 2015 – Sam Smith
    • 2014 – NA
    • 2013 – Fun
    • 2012 – Adele, Bruno Mars
    • 2011 – Lady A, Eminem
    • 2010 – Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lady Gaga

All these artists got nominated for all major categories (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY) in their respective year. For upcoming event, I can see only The Weeknd, Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, The Chicks and probably Chloe & Halle, Roddy Ricch have potential to snatch all three nominations.

For the record, The Weeknd missed SOTY nomination in 2016  with bigger era than After Hours so there’s probability he will get same fate. Miss Taylor never failed to get extra nomination in general field if her album made it as AOTY nominee ;

• Fearless; You Belong With Me (ROTY, SOTY)
    • Red; WANEGBT (ROTY)
    • 1989; Shake It Off, Blank Space (ROTY, SOTY)

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

When do we get submissions

Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

I think Harry is vulnerable in Pop Solo. He isn’t really that liked by industry folk, so Pop Album might be his big prize.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 38)’ is closed to new replies.