Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 40)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 40)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 546 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
rue
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

indeed people is craving for more Adele music, the entire world is waiting for her next move, her releases stop the music industry and make re-schedule other album releases, that would not be the case if 25 was forgotten or was not special.

The world loses their shit whenever she posted anything to her IG for the past 18 months.

We are starving and ready to be fed.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

25 was not a bad album but it was very boring and safe. Reviews noted this. She kinda fed off the success of 21. I don’t think anyone will ever pull sales like that again even Adele herself.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

the only thing one could complain about this album is the lack of risk taken by Adele during this record, but the album itself is pretty good, has brilliant tracks,excellent reviews, it is really well written, has the classic hit Hello attached to it, became one of the best selling albums of the millenium, the 2nd best last decade and no one has forgotten it. indeed people is craving for more Adele music, the entire world is waiting for her next move, her releases stop the music industry and make re-schedule other album releases, that would not be the case if 25 was forgotten or was not special.

It was obvious that 25 was riding 21 hype. But that’s it. Even critics barely talk about the album hence, it missed a lot of decade end lists and not even charting on BB200.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

What was worse? 1989 over TPAB or 24k magic vs DAMN. For me its the second because that confuses me till this date

Easily the latters. 1989 was the best and biggest album of the elegibility period, and it was an absolute monster. There was no way it was ever going to lose. But Kendrick was absolutely robbed in 2018. 24K Magic is Bruno Mars’s worst album, and his weakest era. He made much better music in the days of Doo Wop and the Hooligans and Unorthodox Jukebox. There was no reason he should have won. And DAMN was so much bigger in every possible way.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, I still think that if it wasn’t for Hello, 25 would have lost AOTY. The sales were old news by 2017, but Hello wasn’t. That song carried the entire era on it’s back. (Kind of like what Blinding Lights is doing for the After Hours era…).

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Bruno didn’t deserve none of the big awards that he won in 2017 sorry. Maybe That’s What I Like in R&B performance and R&B Album but that’s it.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

There are so many undeserved wins in these last few years. It’s no wonder a lot of artists don’t take the Grammys seriously anymore. There was a lot of truth to what Drake said about the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Ariana didn’t deserve to go home empty handed last year. Thank you next is a great album.

Profile picture
    JulianLeiva
    Topics:

I would love to see Jessie Ware nominated for something, What’s Your Pleassure is so amazing, I dream for a nomination, at least in Best Dance/Electronic Album.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Adele’s second win is more of a head scratcher than 1989. And her little act of splitting the Grammy in two was cringe.

Why was it a head scratcher? It was the biggest album nominated and broke 15-year old records. It wasn’t a panned album either. Quality aside, it was pretty obvious how and why it won.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Honey, no more Taylor Shit at #1.

Imagine celebrating a pedophile at #1 rather than Taylor Swift. I’m not a fan of Folklore but I’d rather see her take the spot.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

There are so many undeserved wins in these last few years. It’s no wonder a lot of artists don’t take the Grammys seriously anymore. There was a lot of truth to what Drake said about the Grammys.

Artists such as Drake can be so fake. Imagine making braggadocio references and IG posts about the Grammys and dissing them as well for brownie points.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

If Drake won AOTY that year, he’d be saying something very different. He was only bashing the Grammy’s because his track record wasn’t great there.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Drake has gotten enough share of the Grammys. I don’t particularly think he was ever robbed, and quite frankly, four Grammys are enough for him. I’m especially glad the Rap voters don’t name-check him because of his popularity.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Adele’s second win wasn’t a head-scratcher. But unlike her first win, it won purely because of sales and being inoffensive.

TUN came too soon after Sweetner (which won BPVA of course) and she stopped promoting it too soon. It shouldn’t have gone home empty-handed. It is her best album. But she’s kinda to blame for it getting nothing.

Drake is just obsessed with being cool. The Grammys won’t fully validate him. So, he’s looking for that validation elsewhere. And he’s been a lazy artist for half a decade. He’s the last one that should be griping about the Grammys.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 40)’ is closed to new replies.