Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 41)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 702 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Brenda Meeks
ciguanaba
Roger Federer
  • Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I didn’t say crappy. I like reputation. I said shunned. Delicate didn’t get in because it was old news. cardigan is not a cute single. It’s a SOTY contender.

The vote took place before Reputation was released though. And LWYMMD was a three week #1 hit at the time. I think it didn’t get in because there was a feeling that Taylor was overrewarded. That’s all.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

True. I guess we’ll see.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

If “Applause” couldn’t get in Pop Solo, then neither will “Stupid Love”.

Nah, you can’t compare gaga from 2013 from gaga of today

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

Let’s say Ariana’s team somehow submits Stuck With You to BPDG, it would automatically be left out because Rain On Me and Intentions are for sure getting more votes, right?

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Delicate didn’t get in because it was old news.

Huh? Delicate was literally top 5 on radio throughout the summer prior to voting. Taylor was performing it every night on her sold out stadium tour (a tour that she invited voters to go see, in a package that convientrly featured “The Makimg of Delicate” video). The week voting began, it was still in the Top 40 of the Hot 100. It was most certainly not old news.

It missed Pop Solo due to a combination of Taylor’s negative press the entire reputation era & voters being lazy and voting for songs/artists at the top of the list.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

It missed Pop Solo due to a combination of Taylor’s negative press the entire reputation era & voters being lazy and voting for songs/artists at the top of the list.

Yeah sorry, should’ve been clearer. I was talking about the album in general, not the song. The whole era seemed to be discarded by the voters except for the PVA nom.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Maybe not this time, but of course Taylor can be nominated in country field again. She has already won 5x.

She’s not Harry Styles, who tried to be nominated outside pop field and was snubbed completely.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

If “Applause” couldn’t get in Pop Solo, then neither will “Stupid Love”.

This comparison makes no sense. You can say this about everyone.

If Delicate couldn’t get into Pop Solo then neither will Cardigan.

If Beerbongs & Bentleys didn’t get into Pop Vocal then neither will Hollywood’s Bleeding.

If New Rules didn’t get into Pop Solo then neither will Don’t Start Now.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Let’s say Ariana’s team somehow submits Stuck With You to BPDG, it would automatically be left out because Rain On Me and Intentions are for sure getting more votes, right?

Yes.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Taylor Swift became a pop star after 2010, as simple as that. Red was a country pop hybrid that didn’t connect with the country voters. She is never going to be nominated in country again.

If releasing pop material only signs away a person’s ability to get nominated for country music Grammy awards later on in life, LeAnn Rimes would not have her four most recent nominations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeAnn_Rimes#Awards_and_nominations

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of LeAnn)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

This comparison makes no sense. You can say this about everyone.

You really can’t. “Stupid Love” is Gaga’s first major Dance/Pop submission in Pop Solo since “Applause”. So sonically the comparison makes the most sense. Also, both peaked in the Top 5.

Even though “Applause” sustained more longevity, was released later in the eligibility period, had more hype, performances, & promo, it was STILL omitted. And this was GaGa at her peak.

“Stupid Love” pales in comparison. And in a competitive year with much bigger hits, it won’t stand a chance.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

If releasing pop material only signs away a person’s ability to get nominated for country music Grammy awards later on in life, LeAnn Rimes would not have her four most recent nominations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeAnn_Rimes#Awards_and_nominations God bless you and her always!!! Holly (a day one fan of LeAnn)

I think it’s definitely possible that Taylor receives more Country nominations later on providing she makes a full return to Country (which could be a smart career move since Country is far less ageist than Pop). I just think she’ll have to make another full-on Country album to be re-embraced since the Country world felt fairly betrayed following her departure. However, betty’s success so far seems to imply that she would be welcomed back.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Maybe not this time, but of course Taylor can be nominated in country field again. She has already won 5x.

Even though I would love a Country comeback, it won’t happen until she completely abandons her current sound.

There’s a conceit that Taylor is somehow not a true Country artist. I remember criticisms of her Entertainer of the Year wins @ the CMA Awards for being too Pop. And the fact that she’s only won Country Album once (despite blockbuster sales/popularity/hits) says a lot.

Folklore is a step in the right direction. She’ll eventually go back to her roots in a few years.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Meh. Applause was released when everyone was against Gaga. She has way more support in the industry right now. Stupid Love could get a surprise nomination although Im not betting on it.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Kev💫
    Topics:

Dua will probably submit and be nominated for “Break My Heart” in Best Pop Solo.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 702 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.