Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 41)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 41)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 691 through 702 (of 702 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Brenda Meeks
ciguanaba
ZAYN
  • Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Dua will probably submit and be nominated for “Break My Heart” in Best Pop Solo.

that would be the dumbest thing ever if they did that

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Gaga usually has support in the Pop Field (particularly in the Solo Performance category) with more singer/songwriter, piano driven, fare like “You & I”, “Million Reasons”, & “Joanne”.

“Stupid Love” was her first major foray back into Dance-Pop since 2013. Which is why the comparison was made. It performed significantly less than “Applause” (again, a Top 5 hit with bigger promo. That still failed to receive a nomination).

The 4th-5th spots in BPSP were wide open and many predicted her to get in based on name recognition & the huge promotional campaign that proceeded ARTPOP’s release.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:
    Da 5 Bloods | Judas & the Black Messiah | Lovers Rock | Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom | Minari | Monsoon | Nine Days | One Night in Miami | Respect | Soul | The Trial of the Chicago 7 | The U.S. vs Billie Holiday | Without Remorse

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Dua will probably submit and be nominated for “Break My Heart” in Best Pop Solo.

Big Mistake. Don’t Start Now defined Dua’s era and is a standout track on the album.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    Kev💫
    Topics:

Big Mistake. Don’t Start Now defined Dua’s era and is a standout track on the album.

True. I’m sure her team will want her to have more of a chance with other categories. Break My Heart was a hit in the US wasn’t it?

Profile picture
    ricochet
    Topics:

Even though I would love a Country comeback, it won’t happen until she completely abandons her current sound. There’s a conceit that Taylor is somehow not a true Country artist. I remember criticisms of her Entertainer of the Year wins @ the CMA Awards for being too Pop. And the fact that she’s only won Country Album once (despite blockbuster sales/popularity/hits) says a lot. Folklore is a step in the right direction. She’ll eventually go back to her roots in a few years.

Wait, winning country album “only” once isn’t a bad thing. No other solo female artist has won country album twice besides Kacey Musgraves. Taylor has 6 Grammys in the country field and that is about right for a very male ruled genre.
    So, I don’t know what exactly “says” only wining country album once, when you already have the “Pinnacle Award” form CMA. They thought a lot before choosing her and I’m sure they were considering her a big force in country music.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Wait, winning country album “only” once isn’t a bad thing.

When you’re the biggest Country act of the past 15 years, yes. Especially with Red getting in AOTY. That should’ve been an easy victory.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:
    Da 5 Bloods | Judas & the Black Messiah | Lovers Rock | Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom | Minari | Monsoon | Nine Days | One Night in Miami | Respect | Soul | The Trial of the Chicago 7 | The U.S. vs Billie Holiday | Without Remorse

Profile picture
    ricochet
    Topics:

When you’re the biggest Country act of the past 15 years, yes. Especially with Red getting in AOTY. That should’ve been an easy victory.

Yeah, RED deserved but we all know why it didn’t win. “Speak Now” also should’ve won but they wouldn’t let her sweep again. I still don’t think that winning only once is a thing. I’m sure in a further country comeback they will support her. Just look at how many country stations are playing betty, they are hungry for a country Taylor.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Just look at how many country stations are playing betty, they are hungry for a country Taylor.

Agreed. Taylor returning to Country is a narrative that would work in her favor. We’ll probably get that album in a few years.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman

In Contention:

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

True. I’m sure her team will want her to have more of a chance with other categories. Break My Heart was a hit in the US wasn’t it?

I am predicting her to be the runner up in Pop Solo, if Abel doesn’t win. It’s the 4th biggest song of the year, with a really long staying power due to radio. It’s just incredible. It would be a shame if she did what Ariana did, submitting a lesser known song. It just wouldn’t be smart for adding wins.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

I am predicting her to be the runner up in Pop Solo, if Abel doesn’t win. It’s the 4th biggest song of the year, with a really long staying power due to radio. It’s just incredible. It would be a shame if she did what Ariana did, submitting a lesser known song. It just wouldn’t be smart for adding wins.

Dua’s team is incredibly smart. They should know that Break My Heart would be a terrible choice to submit compared to DSN.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Pedo9ine is giving his album for free on the street. We love artist we such effort, Gooba and Trollz for Best Rap Song and Best Melodic Rap Performance respectively

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I will never understand why Ariana didn’t submit NTLTC. That could have been an easy win for her!

Viewing 12 posts - 691 through 702 (of 702 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 41)’ is closed to new replies.