Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 42)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
rue
moriahface
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

It was the SOTY nomination in question. If it was H.E.R., why didn’t Deborah make the claims about AOTY/ROTY? I imagine she is aware of the process there as well. I would find it hard to believe H.E.R. didn’t make the top 20 in one category or ranked low, but made the top 20 in two other categories or ranked high.

And nominating a #19 song isn’t against the rules of the BRP.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

If it was only directed to SOTY, then it has to be the nominees that were nominated only in that category. Bring My Flowers Now was nominated across the country field. It might be Taylor or Gaga, but ARUTW is a great song, so it was Taylor.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

It wasn’t Gaga. She was a huge contender for the whole year, and I don’t see why she would try to get a random SOTY nod and not push for AOTY.

Lana has gotten surprise noms before like Lust For Life in Pop Vocal, so to say she doesn’t have connections is not necessarily true.

I think it was Brandi.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

It wasn’t Gaga. She was a huge contender for the whole year, and I don’t see why she would try to get a random SOTY nod and not push for AOTY. Lana has gotten surprise noms before like Lust For Life in Pop Vocal, so to say she doesn’t have connections is not necessarily true. I think it was Brandi.

I mean, Brandi clearly has support (3 out-of-the-blue GF noms the year prior) so it isn’t impossible that they just liked her.

I really don’t know who it was, there are cases for all of them.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I think it was Gaga. If that ‘person’ have strong connection with Taylor then, Delicate couldn’t be snubbed at first place even in pop field meanwhile Joanne’s nom came out of nowhere.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

I think it was Gaga. If that ‘person’ have strong connection with Taylor then, Delicate couldn’t be snubbed at first place even in pop field meanwhile Joanne’s nom came out of nowhere.

I think you’re way off base here. No way that it was for Gaga/Joanne. Joanne the album was from the 2017 eligibility period and Joanne the song from 2018, and this issue was brought up for the 2019 eligibility period.

Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.