Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 42)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 42)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 501 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
rue
moriahface
  • Profile picture
    TonyKuKo
    Topics:

If the committee pushed Lil Nas X’s 7 into AOTY, I don’t see why they would let Post flop, lol

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

But maybe folklore really was a side project. It’s looking more and more like she might not do any promo at all.

I’m really starting to think folklore is a side project and she’s working on ts9.Also don’t see her sticking with this genre and ts9 will be similar to 1989 sound wise.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

If the committee pushed Lil Nas X’s 7 into AOTY, I don’t see why they would let Post flop, lol

Lil Nas X got in because the committee wanted to show they were woke by nominating a black gay “genre destroyer”. Post doesn’t have that.

Plus, it was considerably predicted on here that LNX would overperform in some way due to his narrative, but people thought that would be a left-field SOTY nod, not AOTY.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Albums that were over a year old when the committee convened (mid/late November):

– 24K Magic (spent the entire month out of the top 30 on Billboard 200)

– 25 (spent the entire month out of the top 20 on Billboard 200)

– 1989 (hovered between the bottom top 10 and upper top 15 the entire month)

If none of these albums were considered old news enough to hurt their chances, then I don’t think it will be a problem for Post who is serving better longevity than 2/3 of them.

post has nowhere near the respect those three have. Taylor, Adele and Bruno were are all past winners, General field winners. Post is a 6 time loser.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

post has nowhere near the respect those three have. Taylor, Adele and Bruno were are all past winners, General field winners. Post is a 6 time loser.

Point was the “old news” aspect won’t be a determining factor. I agree with you, Post doesn’t have mass respect. THAT will be a determining factor. Not the fact that his album is a year old.

Profile picture
    TonyKuKo
    Topics:

Lil Nas X got in because the committee wanted to show they were woke by nominating a black gay “genre destroyer”. Post doesn’t have that.

Plus, it was considerably predicted on here that LNX would overperform in some way due to his narrative, but people thought that would be a left-field SOTY nod, not AOTY.

True.

Now something to consider is they are also desperate for ratings and Post might bring more viewers than The Weeknd or Dua. I wouldn’t completely rule him out of AOTY

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

To say that Post’s album is “old news,” it’s still performing better than some “frontrunners.” I mean, I get that it’s “old news,” but it’s exaggerated a bit, especially considering the aforementioned fact.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

The issue for Post is he doesn’t have passion behind him. People won’t really care about his snub because he has no stans and the GP doesn’t care much about the Grammys. I said it a couple days ago, that makes him expendable and an obvious option to be pulled out for a committee pick.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    a
    Topics:

watermelon sugar earned its 7th week at the top of the pop radio chart.. thoughts on if this helps his case for bpsp?

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

The reason I no longer listen to the radio and instead just made up my own playlist with well over 1600 songs on it (and no I don’t listen the ‘recommendations’ on the streaming site I use as they have the same issue for me as radio itself does):

Payola is still huge in radio. Rolling Stone just did a rather large involved article on it just a year or 2 ago. The government is looking into again as it is against the law to do it. Various other countries are much more stringent about than the US, I guess why that’s why it’s still done here a lot and the reason I don’t trust “X artist got tons of radio play so they are high on the charts”

In effect the ones running the various companies for the radio stations have the final say about who and how many times a song/artist can be played. (BB is finally doing away with Bundles in counting for the charts so that is one inflated number gone.)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

It’s funny to me that everyone keeps saying Hollywood’s Bleeding is old news, but no one saying the same thing for Jamie or The Highwomen, which came out at the same time and have been completely forgotten by the general public.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

Also, y’all are going to forget how underrated Beerbongs and Bentleys was to be nominated in AOTY, not many were predicting it, but still it was nominated pretty well. Post Malone shouldn’t be underestimated at all. I do think he will be left out of SOTY because well I don’t think of the lyrics there, but still he has a good chance everywhere else.

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

watermelon sugar earned its 7th week at the top of the pop radio chart.. thoughts on if this helps his case for bpsp?

It’s fighting with Taylor and Billie for a nomination. There’s 0 scenarios where it wins though.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

The Killers might pop up in the rock categories this year with their best-reviewed album of their career. Rock album and rock song/performance for Caution both seem possible. They haven’t been nominated in over a decade since Sam’s Town, so it might be a long shot—but if they’re ever gonna make a return it’d be now.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I do think he will be left out of SOTY because well I don’t think of the lyrics there

Funny, I have SOTY has his biggest lock. “Circles” is total SOTY fodder. A fairly acoustic smash song with use of clever metaphors in its chorus. In fact, I even have “Circles” above “Blinding Lights” for a nom in SOTY.

I’ll be genuinely stunned if he’s snubbed there.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 42)’ is closed to new replies.