Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 640 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Boz
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Keep it going in Part 43.

Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

1st

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

How are we already on part 43?😭😭

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I think you’re way off base here. No way that it was for Gaga/Joanne. Joanne the album was from the 2017 eligibility period and Joanne the song from 2018, and this issue was brought up for the 2019 eligibility period.

You misunderstood my point. I was trying to make some correlations between recent Grammy event with previous one. It was highly unlikely Taylor since Lover was predicted to make it into SOTY. If Taylor really have some insiders then, why they didn’t do the same thing for Delicate?

Meanwhile Gaga was only predicted to snatch nomination for AOTY, no expectation for SOTY. I think ASIB snub in AOTY has led to ARUTW nomination in SOTY as consolation to Gaga but the real truth is what does it means by ‘consolation’? Think about it.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Always Remember Us This Way was predicted for SOTY; not by many, but some people did predict it. And honestly, if Gaga had insiders, why wouldn’t she get an AOTY nomination instead? It doesn’t hold up.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Producers most likely wanted to secure some artists to perform or attend. Giving GF noms is more of a motivation to that (Deborah Dugan also complained about it in her files). This is probably what happened with Gaga and Taylor being cut from AOTY but still having SOTY as they could be a win threat for the former category, many people considered it back in the nominations.

And you really think Gaga would send a representant to blue ribbon just to get her a SOTY nom and not attend the show in the end? That was probably Tanya Tucker since that was her first GF nom and sis got a performing slot being the proudest ever.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Meanwhile Gaga was only predicted to snatch nomination for AOTY, no expectation for SOTY. I think ASIB snub in AOTY has led to ARUTW nomination in SOTY as consolation to Gaga but the real truth is what does it means by ‘consolation’? Think about it.

Still going to have to disagree. Gaga and co. won for Best Song Written for Visual Media, which was a different track from the album. I think they clearly could have had quite a bit of support to earn the nomination (without the panel inserting it over other songs) in SOTY for a different song, considering 3/4 of the songwriters were the same for both tracks. All of them would have had the support of the country voters.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I’m not saying it was Taylor, personally I believe it’s Brandi Carlile. I mean Bring My Flowers Now could have been nominated in ROTY as well as Tanya Tucker in AOTY, but they didn’t. Taylor has more of a sus, because well both Brandi and Gaga both have the previous year as well as Tanya and Gaga won awards last year, so they clearly had some support to be in the top 20. It’s also sus that it was specifically a female songwriter, as Taylor is credited as the only songwriter, but it can also be because Brandi was also a female songwriter specifically instead of the lead artist.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Personally I genuinely don’t care if Lover or Bring My Flowers Now bride their way into a nomination, they are great songs, but way is Bad Guy the best written song of the year? And now this year how is Blinding Lights the best written song of the year? The Grammys need to learn the definitions of Best Song of the year without mention of commercial acclaim.

10/10:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters, After Hours, RTJ4, and What's Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Most of the times ROTY and SOTY have had the same winner. They differ when the ROTY winner isn’t nominated for SOTY, before it was ineligible in SOTY mainly because the song had samples, but they changed the rules and songs with samples can be nominated for and win SOTY.

If “Blinding Lights” gets nominated for SOTY, it’s over and the song will win both.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Producers most likely wanted to secure some artists to perform or attend. Giving GF noms is more of a motivation to that (Deborah Dugan also complained about it in her files). This is probably what happened with Gaga and Taylor being cut from AOTY but still having SOTY as they could be a win threat for the former category, many people considered it back in the nominations. And you really think Gaga would send a representant to blue ribbon just to get her a SOTY nom and not attend the show in the end? That was probably Tanya Tucker since that was her first GF nom and sis got a performing slot being the proudest ever.

The performing slots are not decided when the nominations are announced. Deborah didn’t want to say who it was and  it doesn’t matter who it was.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore: AOTY, Pop Vocal Album
    Cardigan: SOTY, ROTY, BPSP, BMV
    Exile: BPDP, Betty: Best Country Song
    Miss Americana: Best Music Film
    Only the Young: Best Song Written for Visual Media

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’m not saying it was Taylor, personally I believe it’s Brandi Carlile. I mean Bring My Flowers Now could have been nominated in ROTY as well as Tanya Tucker in AOTY, but they didn’t. Taylor has more of a sus, because well both Brandi and Gaga both have the previous year as well as Tanya and Gaga won awards last year, so they clearly had some support to be in the top 20. It’s also sus that it was specifically a female songwriter, as Taylor is credited as the only songwriter, but it can also be because Brandi was also a female songwriter specifically instead of the lead artist.

It’s better be Taylor because I want her sweeping the awards next year yay!

• Album of the year – folklore
    • Record of the year – exile
    • Song of the year – exile
    • Best pop vocal album – folklore
    • Best pop solo performance – cardigan
    • Best pop duo/group performance – exile
    • Best country solo performance – betty
    • Best country song – betty
    • Best song written for visual media – Beautiful Ghost
    • Best music film – Miss Americana
    • Best music video – The Man
    • Best engineered album, non-classical – folklore
    • Best recording package – folklore

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Ghostface
    Topics:

It’s better be Taylor because I want her sweeping the awards next year yay!

• Best song written for visual media – Beautiful Ghost

What's your favorite scary movie?

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Can we get the 1000th discussion about whether The Weeknd will win SOTY and ROTY instead of this year-old discussion that was discussed to death last year and bored the crap out of me by the 500th speculation? We don’t know and we’ll never know and some people will always use this to pin it on someone they don’t like while a few actually make rational speculations that make sense.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Oh, it’s the time of the year for conspiracy theories. These theories so far don’t make no sense. But I’m still here for it.

best albums of the year: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, Superstar, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, Nothing As The Ideal, The Descendants

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 640 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)’ is closed to new replies.