Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 640 total)
Created
4 days ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
The blue notes
Boz
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

How is it an unpopular opinion when it’s higher on Critics list? Unpopular to YOU and among your fellow swifties I guess.

I don’t need to be a “swiftie” to know folkore be shittin’ on Future Nostalgia in terms of acclaim and plain quality, although the latter is apparently subjective. If we’re to take Metacritic as an aggregate, they’re both tied but folklore has the higher audience score and has more reviews overall. That to me sounds like higher critical acclaim.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

Acoording to you, dua is more worthy because she is more acclaimed (which is not true),  abel is more worthy because his album is less acclaimed? Wow, good reason.

Love Roger Federer ♥ the most.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

to be a “swiftie” to know folkore be shittin’ on Future Nostalgia in terms of acclaim and plain quality, although the latter is apparently subjective. If we’re to take Metacritic as an aggregate, they’re both tied but folklore has the higher audience score and has more reviews overall. That to me sounds like higher critical acclaim.

That to me sounds that if somebody prefers Future Nostalgia over folklore its not an “Unpopular opinion” when it’s likely judging from their acclaim being identical. And I said that she could lose to a worthy candidate. Judging by your research wouldn’t that make Dua a worthy candidate since she’s tied in acclaim?

Hmm.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

candidate since she’s tied in acclaim?

5 min ago,  you were saying she is more acclaimed that FN is higher on critics list.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Was 1989 more worthy of the win over Kendrick? Seeing as you guys want to use Acclaim as your reasoning since she finally has an album that has the MC rating to back it up.

You guys use to argue with Hits, single sales and relevance when it comes to Taylor now youre relying on MC. Keep the same energy.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

That to me sounds that if somebody prefers Future Nostalgia over folklore its not an “Unpopular opinion” when it’s likely judging from their acclaim being identical. And I said that she could lose to a worthy candidate. Judging by your research wouldn’t that make Dua a worthy candidate since she’s tied in acclaim? Hmm.

She’s only tied with far less reviews and a lower user score to show the album ain’t hot at all. Lord only knows if she’s even in the AOTY discussion in the first place. Taylor surpasses her in acclaim by means of having more reviews and higher audience score.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

5 min ago, you were saying she is more acclaimed.

She is more acclaimed to me James Dean. Problem??

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

Was 1989 more worthy of the win over Kendrick? Seeing as you guys want to use Acclaim as your reasoning since she finally has an album that has the MC rating to back it up.

We weren’t using acclaim as a reason. It was you who bring the critics reason first. We were just correcting your dua’s more acclaimed statement.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

No, that’s fine. You shouldn’t have written critics then.

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

You guys use to argue with Hits, single sales and relevance when it comes to Taylor now youre relying on MC. Keep the same energy.

YIKES !!! you are saying as if folklore didn’t spend 6 weeks at top.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Gurl, when someone has higher acclaim metrics, it’s no longer a “to me” issue. That’s like saying “to me” Dua has the best-selling album of this season when the stats prove otherwise. Again, Taylor Swift has higher critical acclaim than Dua Lipa.

Profile picture
    Edgar Oliveira
    Topics:

Future nostalgia is not better than Folklore. FN is a good pop vocal but overrated. Folklore is a masterpiece.

Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

I wonder if the committee will allow Chloe & Halle to compete in traditional r&b if they were to submit there.

Their album clearly belongs in progressive, but just to avoid The Weeknd. They’ve been campaigning hard though.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Future nostalgia is not better than Folklore. FN is a good pop vocal but overrated. Folklore is a masterpiece.

In my opinion, Future Nostalgia isn’t horrible, but it is the musical equivalent of a moist pile of feces when compared to folklore.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I wonder if the committee will allow Chloe & Halle to compete in traditional r&b if they were to submit there. Their album clearly belongs in progressive, but just to avoid The Weeknd. They’ve been campaigning hard though.

Nah, they can’t even attempt that BS. They better stay in their lane and accept their Progressive R&B nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 640 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)’ is closed to new replies.