Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 640 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Boz
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

If they are gonna use 5-6 blacks in AOTY.

These would be my picks:

The Weeknd
    Roddy Ricch
    Brittany Howard
    FKA twigs
    Summer Walker
    Run the Jewels (Killer Mike)

Doja is also likely.

I can’t see all 6 of them making it in. That would mean only Fiona and Harry Styles would round it out.

So I’d take FKA twigs out .

I also think ChloexHalle are being overestimated here. Their album wasn’t nearly as successful as Summer. Nor do they have the hits. I can only see them being nominated in R&B.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Jaime Howard

The disrespect on Brittany’s name

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The disrespect on Brittany’s name

Lmaooooo typo. Honestly

Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

Circles will. Don’t Start Now won’t.

Yeah that’s what I have in my predictions as well. I have no idea why DSN is so high on the Goldderby odds

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Yeah that’s what I have in my predictions as well. I have no idea why DSN is so high on the Goldderby odds

Dua has been over-predicted in here since the season started.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Dua is doing so well in odds because she was an early frontrunner. A lot of people made predictions and just never updated them.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now has greater chance than Circles in SOTY. I’ve seen multiple critics/publications put the songs as one of the best song of the year. Dua’s overprediction makes sense considering its overwhelming acclaim.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

If they are gonna use 5-6 blacks in AOTY. These would be my picks: The Weeknd Roddy Ricch Brittany Howard FKA twigs Summer Walker Run the Jewels (Killer Mike) Doja is also likely. I can’t see all 6 of them making it in. That would mean only Fiona and Harry Styles would round it out. So I’d take FKA twigs out . I also think ChloexHalle are being overestimated here. Their album wasn’t nearly as successful as Summer. Nor do they have the hits. I can only see them being nominated in R&B.

CxH are promoting/campaigning like crazy + they are established artists, previous BNA nominees. Summer is newcomer and her era doesn’t come with bang unlike Billie, Sam, LNX

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I feel like Dua should submit “Physical” for SOTY instead of “Don’t Start Now”. I don’t think Post will be nominated for SOTY for “Circles”, he’ll receive at most 4 or 5 noms and lose everything.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

“Don’t Start Now” is your typical happy empowering break-up song from Pop girls they love nominating in SOTY. It will get in just like Truth Hurts, Roar, Single Ladies, Shake It Off.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now was released October 2019, still charting top 40 on Hot 100. Of course, it comes as more evident choice for SOTY, since songs appearing in ROTY offen appear also in SOTY. Physical and Break My Heart wont be submitted.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

The following songs were certified x3 Plat or higher by RIAA for Grammys consideration

The Box x7 Platinum

Say So x3 Platinum

Don’t Start Now x3 Platinum

The Bones x3 Platinum

Memories x3 Platinum

I Hope x3 Platinum

Usually record labels certify their artists this time of the year, until November for Grammys consideration.

The Weeknd will certify Blinding Lights x6 Platinum luckily the coming weeks.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now was released October 2019, still charting top 40 on Hot 100. Of course, it comes as more evident choice for SOTY, since songs appearing in ROTY offen appear also in SOTY. Physical and Break My Heart wont be submitted.

This is a case where she very obviously should put all her eggs in the DSN basket.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

It’s almost certain that the Grammy’s will be online this year. How do you guys think they’ll announce the winners? I wonder if they’ll have the nominees in a zoom call.

Asking all nominees to record acceptance speeches would take away any genuineness in the speech. That’d be terrible.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Asking all nominees to record acceptance speeches would take away any genuineness in the speech. That’d be terrible.

That would be horrible !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 640 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 43)’ is closed to new replies.