Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Roger Federer
rue
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

I’m not the one dissecting an FYC ad

Why are you pretending I wrote an essay? You are clearly fuming. Move on.

Ok, moving on… Do you guys see Big Thief hitting the GF?

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Why are you pretending I wrote an essay? You are clearly fuming. Move on. Ok, moving on… Do you guys see Big Thief hitting the GF?

Sadly no. Not deserves to be in SOTY/ROTY though.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Ain’t everyone here gay?

That may depend on whatever way it is that you are meaning the word. In a way, I am, but in another way I am not. I am all about guys, but for the most part, I am also a happy person too. (smiles)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

That may depend on whatever way it is that you are meaning the word. In a way, I am, but in another way I am not. I am all about guys, but for the most part, I am also a happy person too. (smiles) God bless you always!!! Holly

I’m also all about guys!

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Don’t One Direction releases count?

If they consider that to be enough “prominence” then they could count him out, yeah. The actual albums don’t count though, I think. They are not what kept Zayn Malik out after he went solo. But with the rule changes, less emphasis on “new,” and Harry’s breakout solo year, they may consider him.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Sadly no. Not deserves to be in SOTY/ROTY though.

Yeah, I had that one in mind, primarily in ROTY. Shoulders would be a great SOTY nominee too.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

If they consider that to be enough “prominence” then they could count him out, yeah. The actual albums don’t count though, I think. They are not what kept Zayn Malik out after he went solo. But with the rule changes, less emphasis on “new,” and Harry’s breakout solo year, they may consider him.

They should count Caroline Polachek as new and go all for it 🙂

Profile picture
    LOVC
    Topics:

It still shocks me that they never nominated a latin american for Best New Artist (I hope I’m wrong about this).

Jon Secada was nominated in 1992 (he won Best Latin Pop Album that year) and José Feliciano won Best New Artist in 1969

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Jon Secada was nominated in 1992 (he won Best Latin Pop Album that year) and José Feliciano won Best New Artist in 1969

I didn’t know that! It’s a shame it’s been such a long time since that happened.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

You don’t need to rely on numbers when you have a big name and a good album

taylor knows what she’s doing, she’s extremely calculated.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Technically Harry’s eligible for BNA but come on now he’s not getting nominated. Yes, this year was his biggest but it was hardly his “breakthrough” year.
    Really hope he can get at least one GF nom though. Not very confident but I’m manifesting.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

That may depend on whatever way it is that you are meaning the word. In a way, I am, but in another way I am not. I am all about guys, but for the most part, I am also a happy person too. (smiles)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

dear James Otto, you are hands down one of the most rare people in this forum, in the best way possible
    God bless you always

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Hayley’s FYC is beautiful. Here’s to hoping she gathers a few nominations including Best Rock Song (especially since she is previous winner in that category)

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

Phoebe has released 4 albums. Does this hurt her chances for BNA? I know they changed that rule, but would it look bad for her?

Two of those albums were side projects and one of those side projects (boygenius) was an EP, which might be a grey area.

The Grammys seem to bend the rules from time to time, but there is a strong argument that outside the indie critic circles, she did not attain a breakthrough or come to prominence until Punisher.

Many BNA nominees have a bunch of earlier releases and I remember last year from outside the US, you could see Lizzo had a huge number of albums/projects on Spotify that were not visible to US Spotify customers.

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

So I’m late to the FYC party but Taylor’s fyc sucked, so I decided to make my own. Hope you guys like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)’ is closed to new replies.