Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Roger Federer
rue
  • Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift is NOT getting 7 weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200. Stop being delusional.

Just like she was not getting 2nd week at #1 on the Billboard 200. She is coming to break whitney’s record and i am here for it.

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Get real! Taylor Swift is NOT getting 7 weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200. Stop being delusional.

You said that when she was aiming for 3 weeks at top

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

If the weeknd does submit to pop,can he get moved or can he win there?

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

Do u guys think Taylor could get snubbed in both pop and alternative and get nominated only for AOTY? That would be awful for her cuz she wouldn’t win but is it possible she could get treated like Lorde & Lana where they all get left out of the category album nom and only get in AOTY? With republic possibly sending After Hours for Pop i just don’t know if folklore will get into pop anymore? I don’t see how The Weeknd, Post & Taylor would all get into pop album when they’re from the same label. Taylor might get shut out :/

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Do u guys think Taylor could get snubbed in both pop and alternative and get nominated only for AOTY? That would be awful for her cuz she wouldn’t win but is it possible she could get treated like Lorde & Lana where they all get left out of the category album nom and only get in AOTY? With republic possibly sending After Hours for Pop i just don’t know if folklore will get into pop anymore? I don’t see how The Weeknd, Post & Taylor would all get into pop album when they’re from the same label. Taylor might get shut out :/

Taylor has never missed a genre album nom except for her debut album.Out of those 3 she is the least likely to get shut out.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Taylor will never miss Pop Album. She was able to enter even with reputation that was completely hated by the academy and has never missed the genre album category except for her debut. And she is definitely not submitting to alternative.

She will probably be the first to enter between her label-mates.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Taylor will still get in. The weekend will miss out in that case.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

I think Post is the most vulnerable out of the three main players for Republic, it’s possible they could bypass the album and just nominate Circles. It does seem like Abel is submitting to Pop, in which case he will win BPVA most likely and it would seem counterproductive for Republic to send all 3 of their main artists to the same category when they could potentially share the wealth and win in multiple categories. If Taylor submits to Alternative, she will either be shut out completely in the album genre categories imo or moved to Pop, where she could be nominated at the expense of someone else’s slot (i.e – Post, Gaga etc).

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Post Malone’s album was released literally on the first week of the eligibility period, meaning old news. The album is stable on BB200, but the most memorable song of the album is Circles, that was released the first day of the elgibility period. I don’t know but he could miss many categories or appear just in AOTY and one more because he had the biggest album.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

kind of hope taylor can get away with not being in pop so that we can actually have an interesting race for pop vocal album again. unlikely but oh well :/

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Even if Abel submits to pop, i’d be extremely surprised if he isn’t moved to R&B. There’s only about 4 pop songs on his album, the rest is mainly R&B. And I feel like from his most recent interview it sounds like he’s always considered himself a popstar so it’s very likely he’s submitted albums to pop in the past and if that’s the case, they obviously got moved to R&B.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

After Hours SHOULD be in Pop Vocal. That’s a pop album. It’s as much pop as “Hollywood’s Bleeding”, and no one is questioning that being in Pop Vocal.

I disagree with The Weeknd’s feelings that his past albums should’ve been in Pop (BBHTM defines the meaning of Urban Contemporary), but After Hours is in every way a pop album.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Alicia should submit Underdog to Pop Solo Performance and Show Me Love to the R&B categories

The Pop Solo category is really competitive this year though to pull a Spirit and score a filler nomination.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

so if the weeknd will end up in PVA who of the before called „locks“ will be left out then..hard to predict imo, wouldn’t be surprised if styles will get snubbed completely

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

After hours will not end up in pop vocal. It’s almost certain if he submit there he will be moved.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)’ is closed to new replies.