Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 533 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Roger Federer
rue
  • Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

How the heck is “WAP” of all songs a “political statement” because some high-as-a-kite critic said so? PLEASE.

I just said, leave your personal opinions of the song out of it. I don’t care what you, or even myself thinks about the song.

Facts are, MULTIPLE critics herald it as a female empowerment anthem, and it started conversation in both conservative and liberal circles. Yes big hits miss yearly, but when a song makes actual impact it usually gets nominated. Like it or not, “WAP” made a political impact (was used as a talking point numerous times on CNN, Fox News, etc.).

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I would love WAP in roty but I don’t think the grammys are there yet

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Yeah, I Like It was her general field nominee after it was a crossover pop smash.

Compared to Bodak Yellow which couldn’t crack the pop radio t20 and Wap which seems unlikely to hit the t40.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Bodak Yellow was just a big hit. WAP is borderline cultural and much bigger.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

The day people stop thinking Shawn Mendes’ music is comparable to Harry Styles’ music, there may be hope.

They’re both young male artists in the pop/rock segment, so of course they’re comparable. Harry is a much more interesting artist, not least because he seems to actually have a personality, but in terms of getting nominated at the Grammys, I think the comparison makes sense. Shawn had to earn it, and so has Harry now with his successful second album and hit singles. A GF nod would acknowledge that.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

2021 TEC AWARDS

RECORD PRODUCTION/ALBUM

Drake – Care Package

https://www.tecawards.org/nominees/2021/creative

All you need to see to not take these awards seriously

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

WAP is shaping up as the biggest hit this year in USA, interesting to see if it lands in ROTY.

Song is #1 on Apple Music and Spotify USA almost 40 days after release.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

WAP is shaping up as the biggest hit this year in USA, interesting to see if it lands in ROTY. Song is #1 on Apple Music and Spotify USA almost 40 days after release.

We have to wait to see if it gets to the Box or even Rockstar’s reigns first.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Submitting WAP will kill both songs including Savage. #MeganDontBeStupidChallenge

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Submitting WAP will kill both songs including Savage. #MeganDontBeStupidChallenge

Megan has no control over “WAP” submissions. She’s the featured artist.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Bodak Yellow was just a big hit. WAP is borderline cultural and much bigger.

Savage is a bigger cultural moment than WAP. Let’s not confuse shock factor as impact. From the countless TiKTok videos to the dance routines to the quotable lyrics. Plus the hype behind the Beyoncé remix. Savage is a general field contender. WAP isn’t.

But WAP will likely win Rap Performance if it gets in.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Megan has no control over “WAP” submissions. She’s the featured artist.

Hey, check your pms

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Savage is a bigger cultural moment than WAP. Let’s not confuse shock factor as impact. From the countless TiKTok videos to the dance routines to the quotable lyrics. Plus the hype behind the Beyoncé remix. Savage is a general field contender. WAP isn’t. But WAP will likely win Rap Performance if it gets in.

WAP had a tiktok dance challenge as well? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KRVpC0mzY0

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Savage Remix is not even charting in the top 200 of Spotify. It’s in no way bigger than WAP.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Lol Megan is most likely going to do “Savage(Remix)”for ROTY(SOTY) and Best Melodic Rap Perf. Beyoncé reputation could help them too since she’s respected in the Academy.

Cardi Label is going submit “WAP” to everything as always but WAP will show up in Best Rap Perf. I don’t think it’ll hurt her chances at all… both songs pretty much have a spot for their most likely nominated categories.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 44)’ is closed to new replies.