Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 549 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, The Weeknd still has it easy.  The blue-ribbon committee is blocking Taylor Swift.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

The only reason Abel misses any of the GF categories would be the committee blocking him to prevent a sweep which is highly unlikely.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, basically the committee knows what’s going to unfold. I am crossing fingers they will deliberately take it out of SOtY for others songs.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I agree that it almost certainly won’t happen. They wouldn’t snub a frontrunner who is a person of color in this climate.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Cardigan’s great but I don’t think it’s exceptional enough that they should block The Weeknd for her. I personally believe that Blinding Lights is on par with That’s What I Like (SOTY winner and also would have won ROTY if Bruno submitted it there) so I don’t necessarily hate the idea of The Weeknd taking ROTY and SOTY.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

If Zendaya can win an Emmy, The Weeknd can sweep the GF. So no prediction at this point could be counted delusional.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

I personally believe that Blinding Lights is on par with That’s What I Like

I agree. Of course Bruno Mars is a much more safer choice than him and is a Grammy darling, but The Weeknd is in a very similar position this year.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Not even sure it taylor would be the first runner up in soty tbh

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

If Zendaya can win an Emmy, The Weeknd can sweep the GF. So no prediction at this point could be counted delusional.

I was actually thinking this yesterday, that the Emmys are maybe indicating this award season will support Black/POC talent given the current state.

If the line-up goes with 2 rap albums, 2-3 country/alternative albums, 1-2 pop albums and then After Hours, I would expect a totally predictable sweep like Bruno Mars.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Not even sure it taylor would be the first runner up in soty tbh

Cardigans chances at a SOTY win/ROTY nomination died the second it went ‘#24(-16).’

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

Taylor has such a bad history on Song of the Year. None of her nominations except “Blank Space” stood a chance or complemented her singer-songwriter reputation – and if “Blank Space” lost, her chances are basically over.

Actually her biggest chance to win SOTY was probably with You Belong With Me, Blank Space comes as second.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Taylor has such a bad history on Song of the Year. None of her nominations except “Blank Space” stood a chance or complemented her singer-songwriter reputation – and if “Blank Space” lost, her chances are basically over.

What kind of logic is this? If anything it will help her even further due to long overdue card.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

At this point I would not be surprised if Abel sweeped. Cause he is a lock for soty and roty and probably aoty

Taylor Swift 3x AOTY winner
    waiting for Speak Now (TV)

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, face it Swifties.  Unless Taylor Swift has a megahit, mama is never winning Song of the Year.  YAY!

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

I’m starting to think The Weekend will sweep since the BLM reflected in the Emmys and Taylor probably won’t campaign.

Profile picture
    willy
    Topics:

What kind of logic is this? If anything it will help her even further due to long overdue card.

Yeah, and I hope that when/if she wins it will be with a song that really represents her as a writer. Blank Space would be a great winner, but songs like lover/cardigan are more “Taylor Swift”.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.