Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 549 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

They will block her in AOTY, but instead they will give her ROTY and SOTY nominations, but she will lose both anyway.

I definitely can’t see how Taylor is going to get blocked in AOTY. If she loses, she will lose during actually voting for the winners. Where I can see her snubbed in is at ROTY and SOTY. Cardigan wasn’t big and did not have any longevity. That album was based purely on the collective as a whole.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Yes. The BRP needs to trust the voters more. A nomination for Taylor is warranted. A win isn’t likely in the first place. Voters won’t choose her. In a field of 8 they’ll have their pick.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Taylor definitely should be blocked.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

On another campaigning side note, The Weeknd is set to perform tomorrow at TIME 100 on ABC. No song was announced but it’s probably “Blinding Lights”. https://time.com/5889641/time100-television-event-abc-musical-performances-special-appearances/

Just for once I want The Weeknd to perform a song that’s not Blinding Lights. In Your Eyes live performance would be so great!

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

for album? I understand for soty and roty bc the focus of folklore era is the album.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

how dare you 😉

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The BRP should just trust the voters. Blatantly blocking an album or artist just to ensure a POC win is why they’re being sued and criticized now. It’s going to end up backfiring when somebody else like Fiona Apple wins, anyway.

Profile picture
    tayswift13
    Topics:

Lmao, I always thought Khalid is Abel because they look alike, not to be racist but it is the same with how Westerners perceived us asian to look like those of east asian yellow race.

Profile picture
    tayswift13
    Topics:

I think, giving SOTY to Taylor is more of doable for this climate, and besides, she is long overdue for that category. Let Abel get the AOTY/ROTY, Taylor for SOTY, and Megan for BNA, and everyone will be okay with it.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I don’t agree with blocking people to set up wins for other people. That ruins the point of the awards. The committee can do what it wants but it should not pick an album they want to win and then clear all of the competition for it.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

I don’t feel anyone should ever be blocked. Trying to push the result into one direction is bad enough. But this isn’t about wanting the academy to be more open and diverse. It’s about trying to avoid criticism. And at the end of the day Swift and The Weeknd are both millionaires. This ain’t no Affirmative Action. Top five vote-getters should get in, and the panel decide the other three. Period. If the result is Swift winning her third then so be it. At this point I don’t really see Swift winning AOTY anyways.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

I think, giving SOTY to Taylor is more of doable for this climate, and besides, she is long overdue for that category. Let Abel get the AOTY/ROTY, Taylor for SOTY, and Megan for BNA, and everyone will be okay with it.

i really hope this happens. I just wish she pushed exile and that became a commercial success. Ultimately I don’t really know how good any song would have done but even if it was a moderate hit with maybe a bit of frontload but then stabled in the bottom 10 or top 20, and stayed with longevity then I could of seen her getting song of the Year for sure. But oh well I guess we’ll have to wait

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

There’s no way Taylor will get blocked in AOTY. What’s more likely is them blocking her in ROTY and SOTY. Those awful leaked submissions (“cardigan” for ROTY and “betty” for SOTY) were fake but I coukd easily see Taylor fucking up and doing something stupid like that. Or she submits “cardigna” for bith and they snub her because the song had no longevity. She’s already refused to promote “exile”, despite the fact that it’s universally agreed to be her best shot at success for a single this era.

Either way, if Taylor gets snubbed for both ROTY and SOTY, she’s not winning AOTY. Taylor is no Kacey, Arcade Fire, or Mumford and Sons: she’s a massive popular who has made some of the biggest songs in the world, and is expected to churn out huge hits. It’s not fair that this still applies to her when “folklore” is essentially an indie era, but that’s how it is. The Grammy’s will not give her their top prize if not even a single one of her songs this era could make it into the general field.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Anyway, this is the lasg time I talk about Taylor until the moninations come out because these conversations are getting exhausting, but please stop predicting an AOTY block. That’s lunacy and it won’t happen. Even if she’s blocked everywhere else including the other GF categories, she’ll make AOTY.

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

I’m still 50/50 on Taylor being blocked, and I don’t think I’ll ever come to a conclusion before nominations are announced but can we at least agree that if we see her name missing that means AOTY is 100% going to a black artist and it’s either Abel(most likely Abel) or Brittany Howard? Or do you guys have someone else in mind

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.