Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 549 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Taylor can be blocked just because they dont want to give her a third. Not sure who would win if she is blocked.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

Taylor can be blocked just because they dont want to give her a third. Not sure who would win if she is blocked.

if blocked I have it as Abel being most likely followed by Fiona and Brittany as they’re already top contenders and have the most to gain (in terms of voters) from Taylor missing along with The Chicks and The Highwomen gaining from her missing but still not at all having a chance at winning

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I can see black artists sweeping general field but not by one artist (Abel). I think NARAS will be more generous this time. It’s pretty clear that folklore is the front runner if we ignore BLM thing, but the truth is Taylor winning it for third time is highly unlikely considering the current climate.

Album of the year : Jaime
    – Brittany is well respected artist especially in rock field. Sound & Color got nominated in AOTY before without having commercial success pretty much tell us that she has support from the committee. Not to mention, Jaime gathered a tonnes of acclaim, currently 88 on Metacritic. If we talk about the best album by black artist with potential AOTY nomination then, Jaime is the right answer

Record of the year : Blinding Lights
    – One of the most successful singles of 2020 with refreshing sound. There’s no further explanation, just reputation.

Song of the year : cardigan/exile

– cardigan is one of the best #1 of this year but personally I hope Taylor submits exile. Upon release, exile sparked the most conversation out of other tracks. It was considered the best song of the week by Under The Radar and Consequence of Sound. With Justin of Bon Iver attaches to the song, it will be a great opportunity for NARAS to reward both artists who have known for their songwriting prowess and already five times SOTY nominees but still no winning.

Best new artist : Megan Thee Stallion
    – Two #1 singles with huge acclaim + the album (Suga) is well-received by critics.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

I don’t get the Jaime hype. I love Brittany Howard, but I don’t think she will win AOTY over any pop artist. If they were going to give it to a rock/indie rock artist, they will give it to Fiona.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I don’t feel anyone should ever be blocked. Trying to push the result into one direction is bad enough. But this isn’t about wanting the academy to be more open and diverse. It’s about trying to avoid criticism. And at the end of the day Swift and The Weeknd are both millionaires. This ain’t no Affirmative Action. Top five vote-getters should get in, and the panel decide the other three. Period. If the result is Swift winning her third then so be it. At this point I don’t really see Swift winning AOTY anyways.

Been saying the same thing, especially the bolded.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Been saying the same thing, especially the bolded.

This. The committee has way too much power.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I don’t get the Jaime hype. I love Brittany Howard, but I don’t think she will win AOTY over any pop artist. If they were going to give it to a rock/indie rock artist, they will give it to Fiona.

Brittany have better recent Grammy record compared to Fiona. The Idler…. era only snatched one nomination (Best Alternative Music Album) meanwhile Brittany got nine nominations with four wins + she has BLM narrative.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

If their goal(hypothetically) is to ensure that a black artist wins or at least an artist of color, then who other than Abel and Brittany Howard? That’s kind of my train of thought on this

Ungodly Hour is from relative newcomers, who just wont have that kind of support nor do they have the numbers or critical acclaim to back it up

RTJ4 if it gets in along with PEMFBAS it will probably split votes (and any other rap album that potentially gets in)

Magdalene hype is gone, and Twigs probably won’t even get in to any GF category

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Jaime is old news. It could get a nomination, but I would not bet on a win. Y’all are really overestimating the BLM narrative for some of these artists.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

What’s bothering me is that I’m 100% certain the same posters saying “Taylor Swift should be allowed to compete, voters will choose another person” are 100% going to predict her to win AOTY. I see no reason as to why she would lose if she gets in.

Also don’t get the random trust in voters when they haven’t awarded a black artist for AOTY since Herbie Hancock of all people. It’s clear voters do not care.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

What’s bothering me is that I’m 100% certain the same posters saying “Taylor Swift should be allowed to compete, voters will choose another person” are 100% going to predict her to win AOTY. I see no reason as to why she would lose if she gets in. Also don’t get the random trust in voters when they haven’t awarded a black artist for AOTY since Herbie Hancock of all people. It’s clear voters do not care.

Actually I don’t know why people saying Taylor will 100% win AOTY if she gets in when Red lost the award before. I think people just making bullshit excuse to justify her block.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Also don’t get the random trust in voters when they haven’t awarded a black artist for AOTY since Herbie Hancock of all people. It’s clear voters do not care.

Based on this logic, what makes you think the voters would pick someone black just because they snubbed Taylor, if the last black person to win was Herbie Hancock? Do you still trust the voters not to ‘vote white,’ even without Taylor Swift in the bunch?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Based on this logic, what makes you think the voters would pick someone black just because they snub Taylor, if the last black person to win was Herbie Hancock? Do you still trust the voters not to ‘vote white,’ even without Taylor Swift in the bunch?

Because it’s more likely for anyone to win if there isn’t a clear frontrunner. The Weeknd can beat Fiona Apple and Harry Styles; he can NOT beat Taylor Swift.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Red is a messy genre-less album that lost to overdue veterans.

Folklore is not only Swift’s most acclaimed album, but it’s also selling better than most albums this year and will likely be top 3 on the YE.

Aren’t y’all saying she’s the frontrunner and lock for Pop Vocal? If she is, then she is automatically a strong frontrunner for AOTY.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Taylor is not the lock you all think she is though. The Weeknd could sweep and until nominations are out we don’t know how much support Fiona has. And Taylor could easily get just a Pop Vocal Album nomination.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.