Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 549 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

If Taylor wins, then so be it. I just don’t think trying to pander is going to automatically lead to a positive result (I guess it depends on who you ask because that Abel album isn’t that great nor really stands out as a whole outside of “Blinding Lights”). After all that Dugan/BRP drama, I find it hard to believe they will just snub Taylor just like that. While it’s cool to push that BLM narrative this year, that 8-spot thing was created to give more females a chance to compete.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Red is a messy genre-less album that lost to overdue veterans. Folklore is not only Swift’s most acclaimed album, but it’s also selling better than most albums this year and will likely be top 3 on the YE. Aren’t y’all saying she’s the frontrunner and lock for Pop Vocal? If she is, then she is automatically a strong frontrunner for AOTY.

Front-runner ≠ lock.

I don’t know who say folklore is on lock winning BPVA, most of us just put it as front-runner. Shit people always twisting Swifties’s words when it comes to their predictions.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Taylor is not the lock you all think she is though. The Weeknd could sweep and until nominations are out we don’t know how much support Fiona has. And Taylor could easily get just a Pop Vocal Album nomination.

I don’t see After Hours sweeping unless the competition is really weak. It’s not that big of an era.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I agree with everyone of you but what make you guys think that the recording academy will award all major categories to POC? it’s not happening, GET REAL!!!

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, there are way too many old white voter dudes to allow the top 5 vote-getters automatic entry into AOTY.  #NoDiversity

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

I mean both Fiona’s album and even Swift’s album are better than The Weeknd’s. (There, I said it. Argue with ya’ momma). So are a few other potential nominees. I’m supposed to cry as river (as a negro) over that basic shit not winning AOTY? If it was even a pretty solid album I’d be here for him winning. But that shit is merely passable and don’t reflect him at his peak. Commercially, he’s had one huge song and his album has sold well. But this hasn’t been some dominate era for him or something. If Swift wins her third then, girl, go get yo’ award. I ain’t rooting for you but rather her than The Weeknd. Either way, I’mma keep a stone face unless Fiona’s name is called.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Honey, there are way too many old white voter dudes to allow the top 5 vote-getters automatic entry into AOTY. #NoDiversity

But that’s an issue with the voters themselves and in theory, the awards are supposed to be the overall opinion of the Academy. Obviously diversity would be ideal but it would be a better idea to more fairly represent demographics and genres across the voter base than to provide a random 20 people with complete control over the biggest 4 awards.

They still aren’t tackling the root problem and by doing so they continue to make the system more corrupt.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Last year’s nominees had a fair amount of “diversity”. The committee made sure of that. Voters often have questionable, basic taste and tastes that lean away from “too urban”, “too black”. The voting body is indeed the problem. Voters had quite a few opportunities over the past ten years to give AOTY to acclaimed, popular and even “Grammy friendly” black artists. They skipped over those chances. And now they’re stuck having to hang their hat on The Weeknd’s old haircut. It’s not fair.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  Taylor Swift’s album is NOT better than The Weeknd’s.  The delusion is real.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The Weeknd does not deserve album of the year.

Fiona does.

The right thing to do is give ROTY to Blinding Lights, SOTY to Lockdown or Underdog (or cardigan if they feel like spreading the wealth), and BNA to Megan—-and finally, AOTY to either Fiona or Bob.

And that’s that.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I don’t get it how Fiona is winning, an AOTY nom for her only lock the win in the Alternative Music Album.

The blue ribbon committee is aware how racist the recording academy in general is. If they want to award a POC in AOTY, they will make sure to “snub” however could represent a threat to that decision, just remember the year Bruno Mars won.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I am betting on Fiona because if she gets nominated, she will be impossible to resist to a lot of people. I’m not betting on it, but I can see it happening, her award history be damned.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I don’t get it how Fiona is winning, an AOTY nom for her only lock the win in the Alternative Music Album.

The blue ribbon committee is aware how racist the recording academy in general is. If they want to award a POC in AOTY, they will make sure to “snub” however could represent a threat to that decision, just remember the year Bruno Mars won.

They are not going to snub everybody.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

Brittany Howard is featured in Rolling Stone’s GRAMMY issue.

Get that promo girl 👏🏾

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

Brittany Howard is featured in Rolling Stone’s GRAMMY issue. Get that promo girl 👏🏾

shes actually been doing some pretty moderate/light campaigning and promo. She just dropped 2 remixes for one of her songs, one with Earthgang, and another with Bon Iver

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.