Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 549 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Omg no Adele to be found anywhere on that list?

Adele’s there. #137

Profile picture
    willy
    Topics:

This is great for Harry. He’s the most recently released eligible album to be on that list. No After Hours, folklore, Future Nostalgia, Hollywood’s Bleeding, etc. Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think FTBC was on there either.

We don’t know when this list was made, so maybe those albums were not available to choose.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

This is great for Harry. He’s the most recently released eligible album to be on that list. No After Hours, folklore, Future Nostalgia, Hollywood’s Bleeding, etc. Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think FTBC was on there either.

Definitely a good showing for Harry, but I don’t think that the albums you listed (with the exception of HB – which would never have made it) were released when the majority of voting took place. These things take a lot of time to be put together so I imagine votes were cast early in the year when Harry was still a relatively recent release and Fiona hadn’t dropped yet.

It’s just not conceivable to me that FTBC would not appear if it was eligible. The critics who gave it overwhelming acclaim are the exact same body who would be voting for RS.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Definitely a good showing for Harry, but I don’t think the the albums you listed (with the exception of HB – which would never have made it) were released when the majority of voting took place. These things take a lot of time to be put together so I imagine vote were cast early in the year when Harry was still a relatively recent release and Fiona hadn’t dropped yet. It’s just not conceivable to me that FTBC would not appear if it was eligible. The critics who gave it overwhelming acclaim are the exact same body who would be voting for RS.

I agree with this. Voting likely took place around the start of the year when Fine Line was fresh. Still bodes well for him though.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Omg no Sade ?

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

these are the AOTY scenarios I can see happening:

1. Taylor Swift is not blocked by the BRP, she becomes the safe white choice, folklore wins AOTY. Her fans lose their panties of joy, but the rest of people start complaining on how can Taylor win AOTY 3 times in a decade but deserving artists like Beyoncé or Kendrick cannot win even once
    Taylor starts getting a huge amount of blacklash, and the Grammys are called racist by most of people

2. Taylor gets blocked by the BRP, but still a white artist, probably Fiona wins anyways, the same kind of scenario (of 1.) happens but a at a much smaller scale. (in this scenario the fans of Taylor complain about how right was Deborah last year and how rigged the Grammys are

3.Taylor gets blocked and the voters go with a black artist in AOTY, swifties still complain but most of people would be absolutely happy with the result

4. Taylor is allowed to be nominated, but somehow by a wonder, the voters do not go with a safe bland white artist, but they pick a black artist to win AOTY, and in this scenario, the most unlikely, no one complains too much

Profile picture
    Brian Hollweck
    Topics:

Like always, artists profit on such all-time lists when their work is still fresh and in the minds of the voters. Some of the very new ones wouldn‘t be on this list if they were a random album from 2014 or 2012 by the same artist. Nice list tho.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor will win if nominated, just like she wouldn’t with Lover.

They can’t just block her every time.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is not THE safe white choice when Harry Styles (and to a lesser extent Fiona) is right there.

I guess I’m not as confident in her chances as others are? She released a great record, but Taylor appearing in AOTY does not equal an automatic win. She has a lot of factors working against her, including the fact she’s already won twice. She was already the first woman to do so; another win and she ties the overall record. Another win after that in the likely next 40+ years of her career ahead of her and she breaks it.

She’s not a shoo-in in the slightest. The exact same factors will be working against Adele next time around, too.

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

It doesn’t say when the list was voted on, but at the end of the day Fine Line is on there, other current albums aren’t, and lots of legit people had to do with making the list. Like it or not, significant people are taking his album seriously and this was good timing for the release of this article, for him.

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor will win if nominated, just like she wouldn’t with Lover.

They can’t just block her every time.

Taylor would totally win if nominated, she is the perfect safe white choice old voters would go for
    I dont think the voters will sunddenly act woke this time cuz of the BLM, they are the same old voters, they will do the same thing they have been doing since forever

We need more open minded voters, but saddly I dont see that happening any time soon

and no, I aint saying she has to be blocked for ever, but at least wait until it is a better climate to have her in, a 3rd win just right now would hurt both, Taylor and The Grammys Reputation

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is not THE safe white choice when Harry Styles (and to a lesser extent Fiona) is right there. I guess I’m not as confident in her chances as others are? She released a great record, but Taylor appearing in AOTY does not equal an automatic win. She has a lot of factors working against her, including the fact she’s already won twice. She was already the first woman to do so; another win and she ties the overall record. Another win after that in the likely next 40+ years of her career ahead of her and she breaks it. She’s not a shoo-in in the slightest. The exact same factors will be working against Adele next time around, too.

Harry Styles is not a safe choice. That’s not exactly a win people will feel is deserved or worthy.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Option 4 is the best, Taylor gets in but the award goes to black artist. Blocking Taylor will spark another conversation as the nomination have been manipulated to the core in favor of one party. They don’t have solid reason to justify the blocking since folklore is slaying in both commercial and critical department. Like others said earlier, Grammy will turn into political stage and truly lose its purpose.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

Rolling Stone writer Rob Sheffield just confirmed on Twitter that voting took place before Folklore’s release (which would place it early in the year), for anyone who’s curious.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Bob Dylan is the safest white choiceAn acclaimed comeback album by legendary artist. And rewarding ROTY, SOTY and BNA to POC will certainly minimize the backlash.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.