Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 549 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Styles owning mainstream radio this year isn’t discussed enough

he

may

win

Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

Dua’s manager is very confident about her as he is saying that dua will win her well deserved award at grammys. I think he is talking about best pop vocal album.

that would be a miracle, she stands no chance against the weeknd in the song categories and taylor in the album ones

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

taylor can win pop vocal but billie isn’t really a precedent because her album is clearly more pop

for lizzo, her song was a very trendy style for pop last year and it was a performance category anyways. she won and was nominated because she gave the best performance

and lil nas x … it was old town road

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Folklore to me is stylistically similar to Come Away with Me and this album managed to enter and win Best Pop Vocal Album so……. and no way Billie would enter Best Alernative Music Album.

The voters always chose a different option any other year for Best Pop Vocal Album, this year will follow this path. (I think maybe the only recent years with similar albums were 2008-09 with Back to Black and Rockferry, if I’m remebering correctly.)

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Sade peaked when critics barely gave their flowers to women of color. I expected more retrospective love for her fantastic work tho

But it’s nice to see this list being more inclusive to black women. Even a new artist like SZA could get in. Trashy, pretentious music oldheads will be mad as always but who cares

Diamond Life got five stars from Rolling Stone, one of the handful of perfect scores from them.

The industry voted this time around, so it’s a bit glaring, especially Sade do get their flowers from industry folks.

WAIT: Sade’s there with Lovers’ Deluxe… #247. and Diamond Life is #200

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Folklore to me is stylically similar to Come Away with Me and this album managed to enter and win Best Pop Vocal Album so……. and no way Billie would enter Best Alernative Music Album. The voters always chose a different option any other year for Best Pop Vocal Album, this year will follow this path. (I think maybe the only recent years with similar albums were 2008-09 with Back to Black and Rockferry, if I’m remebering correctly.)

It reminds me of Norah Jones in many ways actually, although it is not the exact same genre.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

that would be a miracle, she stands no chance against the weeknd in the song categories and taylor in the album ones

her only far chance is pull a “Truth Hurts” / “Happy” on Best Pop Solo Performance and that’s it. Even here I doubt “Blinding Lights” isn’t ranked #1.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Styles owning mainstream radio this year isn’t discussed enough he may win

pop vocal album maybe actually … I tend to forget about him sometimes from how overlooked he is on here

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

With the amount of money Warner spent on Dua, they have to be confident lmao that said she won’t win BPVA, it’s Taylor’s (or maybe Harry’s, that list kinda made me consider it and he’s huge on radio). And I still think Abel will go R&B and will win there.
    And I believe any white person winning AOTY would receive backlash, with Fiona being the most accepted one. Harry getting an AOTY nom would be his reward, he wouldn’t win.

Profile picture
    Brenda Meeks
    Topics:

There are two current AOTY frontrunners: Folklore & After Hours. I don’t see any other album winning over either of them.

Jaime could be a potential spoiler but it needs to get nominated first.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I don’t think harry can win AOTY at all this year… he could get a nom there or at most a win in Pop vocal

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

With the amount of money Warner spent on Dua, they have to be confident lmao that said she won’t win BPVA, it’s Taylor’s (or maybe Harry’s, that list kinda made me consider it and he’s huge on radio). And I still think Abel will go R&B and will win there. And I believe any white person winning AOTY would receive backlash, with Fiona being the most accepted one. Harry getting an AOTY nom would be his reward, he wouldn’t win.

I feel the voters will think twice before rewarding a white artist in any given category. Grammys today are becoming more like politics and Grammys love pandering, since their show is dwilding. In 2018, they responded to Grammys so white, in 2019 they responded to the Grammys so masculine. This season again the Grammys so white will haunt voters on any occasion. All of this during an election, where the BLM issue will become even more relevant.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

With the amount of money Warner spent on Dua, they have to be confident lmao that said she won’t win BPVA

Yeah, it’s actually embarrassing. I’ve never seen such a shameless campaign and her possibly going home empty handed is very telling.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I wonder if the voters will actually be put off by how hard Warner is trying for dua and do her more harm than good

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Columbia booked 5 days for BTS on Fallon, where is Harry Styles ??

FYC Grammys 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.