Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 549 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor’s Team is luckily aiming for #1 this week, the new releases are not expected to do over 50k. It is important to go #1 for her campaign, it will be in the correct time before the voting, becoming the woman with most weeks #1 on BB200 chart.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

I agree with that too when you say that Rap field is more crowded than pop.

In my opinion Post will easily get nomination in Pop Solo with Circles (his best song ever) since it was a smash hit, in both Record and Song and also Album Of The Year, but I see him as the big wildcard/snub of Pop Vocal. Also he can submit another track of Hollywood’s Bleeding to Rap Field but none of these rap tracks were successful as Rockstar (that was nominated in Rap Field).

And I know Post Malone is like Katy Perry of smash hits but I see him as the runner-up of Pop Solo if The Weeknd doesn’t win with Blinding Lights.

Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

I agree with that too when you say that Rap field is more crowded than pop. In my opinion Post will easily get nomination in Pop Solo with Circles (his best song ever) since it was a smash hit, in both Record and Song and also Album Of The Year, but I see him as the big wildcard/snub of Pop Vocal. Also he can submit another track of Hollywood’s Bleeding to Rap Field but none of these rap tracks were successful as Rockstar (that was nominated in Rap Field). And I know Post Malone is like Katy Perry of smash hits but I see him as the runner-up of Pop Solo if The Weeknd doesn’t win with Blinding Lights.

I see him getting in Pop Solo, ROTY and SOTY but right now Album is pretty unlikely. He’ll definitely make the top 20 but probably won’t be nominated because the NARAS would want a more diverse lineup this year. However if folklore gets shut out of AOTY, I can see him making it in

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

Taylor has a good shot at AOTY, but BRP will block her.

But SOTY nom is guaranteed, i like cardigan.

Personally I would prefer to see a Black artist taking AOTY.

Let me show my nomination predictions of a few artists:

Taylor Swift – AOTY (50%), SOTY, Pop Vocal, Pop Solo, Music Film and Song Written For Visual Media

The Weeknd – AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo, R&B song, R&B Performance, Progressive R&B, Music Video

Megan Thee Stallion – ROTY, New Artist, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Melodic Rap, Rap Album

Roddy Ricch – AOTY, ROTY, Rap Album, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Music Video

Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

Current SOTY predictions

Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
    I Can’t Breathe – H.E.R
    The Bones – Maren Morris
    cardigan – Taylor Swift
    Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
    Underdog – Alicia Keys
    Lockdown – Anderson .Paak
    Shameika – Fiona Apple

Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

Taylor has a good shot at AOTY, but BRP will block her. But SOTY nom is guaranteed, i like cardigan. Personally I would prefer to see a Black artist taking AOTY. Let me show my nomination predictions of a few artists: Taylor Swift – AOTY (50%), SOTY, Pop Vocal, Pop Solo, Music Film and Song Written For Visual Media The Weeknd – AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo, R&B song, R&B Performance, Progressive R&B, Music Video Megan Thee Stallion – ROTY, New Artist, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Melodic Rap, Rap Album Roddy Ricch – AOTY, ROTY, Rap Album, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Music Video

Yeah I definitely think Abel will get the most nominations

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I still don’t see the chance of Circles making into SOTY especially in this climate. Post is not really a respected songwriter and the song is quite basic lyrically.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

I still don’t see the chance of Circles making into SOTY especially in this climate. Post is not really a respected songwriter and the song is quite basic lyrically.

Alright that’s fair. I just checked and he’s never been nominated in SOTY, only in ROTY and Circles is pretty weak lyrically so I think I’ll take him out of my predictions

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Taylor’s Team is luckily aiming for #1 this week, the new releases are not expected to do over 50k. It is important to go #1 for her campaign, it will be in the correct time before the voting, becoming the woman with most weeks #1 on BB200 chart.

I mean even if she spends a 7th week at #1, this album’s success feels forced. It’s nothing like 1989, 21, 25 organic success. Those albums didn’t need new gimmicks every week to retain the top spot.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

The Bones has impressive chart run but generally country representative in SOTY always goes to an acclaim song instead of the cross-over, smash hit. My prediction it will be Gaslighter or something by The Highwomen (hopefully Redesigning Women).

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I mean even if she spends a 7th week at #1, this album’s success feels forced. It’s nothing like 1989, 21, 25 organic success. Those albums didn’t need new gimmicks every week to retain the top spot.

This is the current state of the music industry, last time I checked all the artists today have in their sites countless bundles etc after the release week for the people to buy the album. Regardless her SPS is still quite big at the moment, so people are still listening to the album, that’s why it is not forced as you claim.

From HDD this week

Taylor had 29,500 units from streams

Post Malone had 27,000 units from streams

Harry Styles had 19,000 units from streams

The Weeknd had 19,000 units from streams

Dua Lipa had 11,000 units from streams

Lady Gaga had 9,000 units from streams.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

This is the current state of the music industry, last time I checked all the artists today have in their sites countless bundles etc after the release week for the people to buy the album. Regardless her SPS is still quite big at the moment, so people are still listening to the album, that’s why it is not forced as you claim.

From HDD this week

Taylor had 29,500 units from streams

Post Malone had 27,000 units from streams

Harry Styles had 19,000 units from streams

The Weeknd had 19,000 units from streams

Dua Lipa had 11,000 units from streams

Lady Gaga had 9,000 units from streams.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

Those are much older albums. Post Malone’s is one year old. Would be better to compare to albums released this summer:

Pop Smoke: 72,955

Juice Wrld: 52,802

Hamilton: 37,944

Big Sean: 30,747

Lil Baby: 40,124 (his album has 25 tracks, but still his longevity is impressive)

Rod Wave: 30,432

So in streams Taylor Swift is #8 this week. And to be honest, I view streams as more representative of popularity, just because this year destroyed my faith in sales after all the bundles, gimmicks, the cheats etc (Trollz, Dynamite etc..)

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Those are much older albums. Would be better to compare to albums released this summer: Pop Smoke: 72,955 Juice Wrld: 52,802 Hamilton: 37,944 Big Sean: 30,747 Lil Baby: 40,124 (his album has 25 tracks, but still his longevity is impressive) Rod Wave: 30,432

I compare it with people discussed here for Grammys, Taylor is doing that SEA without hits.

Big Sean was released last week and this is his second week, so it is on par with Folklore 8th week.

Still, Taylor Swift is doing quite good without a hit, people stream the album and not just one song out of it.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Those are much older albums. Would be better to compare to albums released this summer: Pop Smoke: 72,955 Juice Wrld: 52,802 Hamilton: 37,944 Big Sean: 30,747 Lil Baby: 40,124 (his album has 25 tracks, but still his longevity is impressive) Rod Wave: 30,432

– Shoot for the Star, Aim for the Moon (34 tracks)

– Legends Never Dies (25 tracks)

– Hamilton (46 tracks)

Don’t make me start with Spotify playlist reach which Taylor received it even lower than Gaga and Dua.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Well that’s cherry-picking. Juice Wrld or Pop Smoke could very well end-up in the AOTY lineup. They may not have stans on these forums constantly reminding people of the achievements of their albums but the committee can take note and surprise us. HDD included them in their predictions.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.