Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 549 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    covw
    Topics:

Anyone else get the strong feeling that Harry will be snubbed across the board? Both Dua, Gaga and Post seem more established for PVA and in PSP, Watermelon Sugar/Adore You are far from a safe bet and arguably the higher quality song (Adore You) wasn’t really that massive if you are comparing it to songs like Circles). Also if anyone watched the Grammy Museum interview with Billie and Finneas, the academy seems still in awe of them so ‘everything I wanted’ seems to be more likely in Pop or GF categories (and tbh, even though I like Harry, it is also a better song)

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

could Watermelon Sugar/Adore You Truth Hurts’d Blinding Lights on BPV?

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

tonight Time announcing 100 most influential ppl and The Weeknd is performing. televised.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

could Watermelon Sugar/Adore You Truth Hurts’d Blinding Lights on BPV?

If anyone is doing that it would be Dua.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

For those predicting Rain on Me to break into the GF, do you see it more likely in ROTY or SOTY? I also wonder if Ariana can finally make it into SOTY.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

For those predicting Rain on Me to break into the GF, do you see it more likely in ROTY or SOTY? I also wonder if Ariana can finally make it into SOTY.

It’s definitely more likely for ROTY in my opinion but I don’t see it getting nominated outside of BPDGP.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

HDD fresh article on country music in GF

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=323292&title=GRAMMY-CHEW%3A-COUNTRY-AND-THE-BIG-FOUR

Which Nashville artists are most likely to have a shot at Grammy’s Big Four categories? We’re glad you asked. We think the recent ACM Awards have clarified the positions of several country acts.

Luke Combs’ What You See Is What You Get gets a boost for Album of the Year nom after an ACMs album win and other strong looks at the Nashville trophyfest. Of all the country acts that have seen success over the last year, Combs is likely the strongest candidate for AOTY.

Mickey Guyton’s career breakout on the ACMs pushes her into the front ranks; her historic performance of “What Are You Going to Tell Her” marked the first time a Black female country artist performed her own work on the show. This, along with her performance of “Black Like Me” on Today, also gives Guyton big momentum toward a Best New Artist nod. Other possible BNA contenders from Music City include Gabby Barrett and streaming marvel Morgan Wallen.

For Record and/or Song, Maren Morris’ “The Bones,” Barrett’s “I Hope” and Miranda Lambert’s “Bluebird” could all get a shot. Additional ROTY possibilities: the Kane Brown/John Legend collab on “Worldwide Beautiful” is an idealistic anthem that fits the moment, while Dan + Shay’s “10,000 Hours” f/Justin Bieber was a full-on smash by any measure. Other SOTY possibilities: Eric Church’s confrontational “Stick That in Your Country Song” (though whether it’s had enough time to build momentum remains unclear) and the Blake Shelton-Gwen Stefanidomestic-bliss duet “Nobody But You.”

the ones I bolded are the only things here I think have a shot

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Does anyone know why you can’t make predictions for BNA nominations on here like you could last year?

They usually add BNA later

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Savage is forgotten and voters will most likely go with WAP.

I like WAP more than Savage but there’s no way a song like WAP is getting a ROTY nomination lmao

A Rap Performance nomination at best.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

When Blue Neighbourhood (Director’s Cut) magically gains prominence this week and somehow bends all eligibility rules around the Grammy’s but gets into BMV and then wins it

FYC:

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

So The Weeknd, Selena Gomez, J Balvin, Halsey, and Megan Thee Stallion all made the Time 100 list

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Weeknd Time 100

He’s coming.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

The Weeknd and Megan on the cover

The Bad Bunny erasure…

Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

Elton John did The Weeknd article for Time 100 and he says that Blinding Lights is the best pop single of 2020. Plus he performed it live on the show tonight

Abel ain’t playing man 😅

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Stevie Nicks already said Fine Line is Styles’ Rumours

the way she could have written his post..

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.