Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 549 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Savage is a strong ROTY contender

This.

Savage is forgotten and voters will most likely go with WAP.

Not this.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Sorry dude but bunch of critics don’t really care about political issue unlike Grammy. They will put anyone who they think deserve the top spot. A reminder that The Suburbs and Blackstar snatched #1 spot over My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Lemonade respectively.

The Suburbs is comparably better than My Beautiful Dark Twisted FantasyBlackstar buries Lemonade in shit.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

I don’t know what all you wokesters have been smoking, but Dua Lipa has had AOTY wrapped up since March, and I’m the biggest T-Swizzle fan you can find.

Funnily enough, I thought the exact same thing until:

a) Fiona released,

b) Political unrest against police brutality took centre stage, and

c) folklore dropped.

Dua released a great project but she has the bad luck of being against other contenders that are more timely and/or recent.

I see folklore to Future Nostalgia being what Billie’s project was to thank u next, and I don’t even think Taylor is going to win it.

At this point, I think the leading pop contenders (Taylor / Dua / Harry) are going to split the vote and clear the way for Abel or Fiona. It’s all in the nominations. If all three make it, it’s bad news for all three of them.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

They love to champion BNAs in the GF. Mickey Guyton, Summer Walker, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, and Phoebe Bridgers. Surely, at least one is making AOTY.

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439)! Which one of y'all just compared with me and scored 79? That's insanely high...

Profile picture
    snuggle4
    Topics:

I love Fiona, but sorry, she released a Bjork/Yoko Ono album. It’s not even going to be nominated. It’s strictly for navel-gazing critics. And don’t forget when H.E.R. had New Artist locked up and Dua stole it. NARAS LOVES DUA. Madonna, Missy Elliott, everyone wants to be in her camp. Politics and unrest means diddly. Just ask Anna Kendrick Lamar Odom. Folklore certainly has a chance, but only Sinatra and Stevie have won it three times. (Don’t give me the Paul Simon addition. The first was for S & G)
    Tay Tay has missed out on the last two albums, so obviously not everyone loves her, but it will definitely be a close second.
    The only possible reason for Dua not winning is they’ve never given a female dance record AOTY. Not Madonna, not Gaga, not Gwen.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Okay, didn’t realize there were still folks trying to argue that Dua will win AOTY. Also didn’t realize there were still folks trying to argue Fiona won’t be nominated. Is it still May?

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

The Weeknd  had the RS and TIME cover. He is really aiming to win this year, I hope the voters think that they are better options for AOTY and not go for an easy pandering choice.  In a year of such a great content, especially during quarantine, it would be a bad look on the Academy.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The Suburbs is comparably better than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Blackstar buries Lemonade in shit.

This is also a very different type of year than the years with those examples. And politics always make an impression. Critics don’t live in a vacuum. Either way, Swift will not be in the top 3. She was never going to be no matter what went down this year.

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

“Betty” + Country nomination(s) = NOT happening

Profile picture
    tayswift13
    Topics:

With all if this campaign for Future Nostalgia, what are the chances that it will get reputation’d? Are they comparable?

Profile picture
    snowmobile
    Topics:

didn’t reputation got panned?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

If J. Cole can hoard two Rap Performance nominations, Roddy Ricch can comfortably do same in Melodic Rap. Wish she had core Rap Performance songs though.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m lowkey getting that feeling “Stuck with U” would be preferred over “Rain on Me.”

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I’m lowkey getting that feeling “Stuck with U” would be preferred over “Rain on Me.”

Well, Interscope is pushing Rain on Me, we know Scooter is working overtime for his clients, but I don’t see the voters choosing SWU over ROM.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Also didn’t realize there were still folks trying to argue Fiona won’t be nominated. Is it still May?

We don’t even know if she will submit. According to her housemate she’s been off the internet completely for like a couple of months. She gives 0 shits about Grammys. She doesn’t even know where the one she won is. She says she gave it away lol https://fionaapplerocks.tumblr.com/post/170197790584/fiona-apple-interviewed-at-the-airport-via?is_liked_post=1

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.