Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 549 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
epiphany
Miss Americana
rue
  • Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

So BTS is doing a Dynamite x Fornite event!

https://twitter.com/btschartdata/status/1308000765475250176?s=21

Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

This may seem insensitive, but as a black person I feel like it would be more impactful if the black artist who were nominated in the GF were alive.

Similar to Nippsey, it can come off as pandering. Especially when they’re are other black artist who have put out better projects than the deceased!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

This may seem insensitive, but as a black person I feel like it would be more impactful if the black artist who were nominated in the GF were alive. Similar to Nippsey, it can come off as pandering. Especially when they’re are other black artist who have put out better projects than the deceased!

The Grammys aren’t (supposed to be) about “impact,” just what’s good. But then again, the Ray Charles sweep happened and other wins I found unpleasing. Becoming a little phased with these glorified opinions.

Besides, Roddy Ricch among several black artists are locks across board in the GF. There’s nothing to be worried about. The two BNA frontrunners are both black, people here consider The Weeknd to be a frontrunner for the other three (though I think they might be on something). There’ll be definitely be “representation” in the GF this Grammys. IDK why people are hinged on it, but y’all do y’all.

Profile picture
    tayswift13
    Topics:

Abel really want people to recognize him as Abel rather than The Weeknd or Khalid. Abel is a cute name, sounds like a grammy sweeper. The Weeknd not so much so is Khalid. Is he the first person to changed his stage name three times?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Rap Field Predictions:

Rap Performance: “WHAT’S POPPIN”

Melodic Rap Performance: “The Box”

Rap Song: “The Box”

Rap Album: RTJ4 / Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial

Pop Field Predictions:

Pop Solo Performance: “Circles”

Pop Duo/Group Performance: “Rain on Me” / “exile”

Pop Vocal Album: folklore

Traditional Pop Vocal Album: ??? (Norah maybe)

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Do you guys think Lockdown by Anderson Paak will get a SOTY nomination? I’m not completely sure because I Can’t Breathe is a near lock in that category and maybe they’ll only nominate one political song to increase H.E.R’s chance of winning

I don’t have it yet but I’m thinking about adding it. Anderson.Paak has a fair amount of support from various genres (he just won Grammy’s in both R&B and Rap categories) and is also a past BNA nominee, so he should make the top 20. This might be the year he gets a major nomination.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Those are much older albums. Post Malone’s is one year old. Would be better to compare to albums released this summer: Pop Smoke: 72,955 Juice Wrld: 52,802 Hamilton: 37,944 Big Sean: 30,747 Lil Baby: 40,124 (his album has 25 tracks, but still his longevity is impressive) Rod Wave: 30,432 So in streams Taylor Swift is #8 this week. And to be honest, I view streams as more representative of popularity, just because this year destroyed my faith in sales after all the bundles, gimmicks, the cheats etc (Trollz, Dynamite etc..)

Imagine thinking that streams can’t be forced too.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Are Chloe x Halle the current frontrunners for R&B Performance with “Do It”?

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

If the Weekend gets in with Heartless he could block that but it’s all on how the R&B panel feels about him but I’m betting on Chloe and Halle to win. They have a big chance to win.

Plus the Weekend has won R&B Perf. Before.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

No. We would need to see the lineup tbh. But they are likely to be nominated.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

While we have to wait for the nominees in order to guess the winner, I personally believe they’re the most likely to be nominated. They did the best campaigning, charted decenetly and have connections with Beyoncé. And Roc is pushing them hard.

Plus, The Weeknd is going full Pop this year and H.E.R.’s most notorious songs during the eligibility period may be submitted in Melodic Rap/Pop:

• Slide: Melodic Rap, Rap Song
    • I Can’t Breathe: ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo (like Hard Place last year)
    • plus some forgettable R&B submissions

FYC: Everyone black & Fiona Apple

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Last year, I got all the R&B performance predictions right other than Lucky Daye. This year, I don’t even know the half of what’s competing. What are the frontrunners for R&B Performance?

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i do really see c x h in AOTY. i’m keeping them at 8th but if they miss it’d be a huge snub

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

So BTS is doing a Dynamite x Fornite event! https://twitter.com/btschartdata/status/1308000765475250176?s=21

idk what to make of that, but yeah it’s cute

More campaigning for Pop Duo/Group

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

did one direction ever campaign?

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 549 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 45)’ is closed to new replies.