Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 969 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Keep the conversation going here.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

1st.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Is lana del rey finally winning her first grammy?

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Really don’t want abel to win album

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Taylor and Abel are the obvious frontrunners at this point and who else is nominated will determine their fate. Abel is really doing his promo and Blinding Lights alone could propel him to take AOTY but its hard to tell without seeing where votes can split.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I think most of us agree on that, I hope someone else wins and he gets the ROTY, because that would consolidate for the loss and also is a GF award.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

https://www.insider.com/black-grammys-winners-album-of-the-year#10-herbie-hancock-10

Only 10 black artists have won album of the year at the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Abel is just too easy of a choice for voters. There’s more pressure than ever to go non-white, and there’s no obvious non-white way to go outside of The Weeknd. He’s campaigning like hell. While the album is a commercial success, has a big song and has solid acclaim. Voters will really have to be turned off by After Hours. And even if many voters are really enamored with ‘Fetch’, lot of others voters will be turned off by its aesthetics and by Fiona’s seeming indifference to being awarded. While I think too many will go out of their way to make sure Swift doesn’t win. And it’s not gonna happen for Dua or Harry (if the latter even gets nominated). At this point it’s hard to see The Weeknd not winning, even though that’s hardly something I want to see.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I think it would be great if a young black man finally won AOTY, especially after such a successful era—rather than yet another white woman winning, for the fifth time in six years.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Abel wins AOTY is depending on nominees lineup. He better pray that CxH don’t make it into final eight because they will steal some votes.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

I think it would be great if a young black man finally won AOTY, especially after such a successful era—rather than yet another white woman winning, for the fifth time in six years.

If After Hours were competing last year I’d be fine with the win. But the album is a rudimentary, passable work and mid-tier in his catalog. Outside of adding couple of whatever-ish dance-pop songs, there’s nothing new here. While unlike what would have been the case last year his biggest competitors have albums that are just better. There’s also other black artists I’d rather see break the “white woman” trend. We can’t get Kendrick or Beyoncé? Hell, off of what’s eligible this year, we can’t get C&H or Ms. Howard or RTJ but The Weeknd and his basic shit? If the Grammys had made smarter choices in the past we wouldn’t be in this position.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Can we just please pick winners, based on material and not if they are men, women, black or white ?  We want diversity, but we should first think what the Grammy award actually stands for.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Abel wins AOTY is depending on nominees lineup. He better pray that CxH don’t make it into final eight because they will steal some votes.

Abel can easily win even if CxH are nominated.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

If After Hours were competing last year I’d be fine with the win. But the album is a rudimentary, passable work and mid-tier in his catalog.

That’s just not true. It’s his best release since Trilogy, and his most cohesive one. It’s like what Pitchfork said—he finally managed to bring an ‘irresistible, cinematic narrative’ together with his amazing ‘collision of new wave, dream pop and R&B.’ It’s his highest rated studio album on Metacritic and his most successful one by just about every metric.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Can we just please pick winners, based on material and not if they are men, women, black or white ? We want diversity, but we should first think what the Grammy award actually stands for.

👏

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.