Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 969 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

In the case of Chromatica, the loud intrusive production is a choice (a choice you might like or not like) because it’s all about dark feelings masked or ignored by just dancing (hey, that’s her song!). But I marvel at how pretty Sine from Above is when you get rid of the cheap beats and terrible Elton part.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

The Weeknd didn’t protest about Blinding Lights being nominated and winning Best R&B Video at the VMAs.

In the Rolling Stone interview, he was asked about his opinion of the word ”urban” used in the now called Progressive R&B Album category.

I think his album will be submitted to R&B for an easy win, but I won’t be shocked if it is sent to pop.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Well they give out the fan-voted VMAs like candy so he was happy for the free promo.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Name one. The only one I could find was You and I (I will not use that umlaut) and it’s a pretty song but with no real oomph. It’s cliche after cliche and a shameless Speechless rewrite.

Well, those are the best examples. Bad Romance was mostly Gaga too, except for the “rah rah“ added by RedOne.

Anyway, needing co-writers is not necessarily bad. Not sure where your comment was leading to.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

6 days till submissions leaks right?

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Well, those are the best examples. Bad Romance was mostly Gaga too, except for the “rah rah“ added by RedOne. Anyway, needing co-writers is not necessarily bad. Not sure where your comment was leading to.

I know it’s not necessarily bad, just pointing out that the AMOUNT of cowriters is ridiculous. Beyonce gets a lot shit for it and Gaga is spared for some reason.

And that rah-rah part made Bad Romance what it is.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

6 days till submissions leaks right?

Yes, literally wake me up when September ends

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I know it’s not necessarily bad, just pointing out that the AMOUNT of cowriters is ridiculous. Beyonce gets a lot shit for it and Gaga is spared for some reason.

Oh please, lady gaga is a brilliant songwriter, her SHALLOW song is better than beyonce’s entire discography. Beyonce gets hate because she can’t write and she copies others material without permission and giving them credit.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

And that rah-rah part made Bad Romance what it is.

Not entirely. You clearly dont like her, lol. Thats fine.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Not entirely. You clearly dont like her, lol. Thats fine.

I do like her, I’m just not blinded to her limitations.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Oh please, lady gaga is a brilliant songwriter, her SHALLOW song is better than beyonce’s entire discography. Beyonce gets hate because she can’t write and she copies others material without permission and giving them credit.

I love Shallow. But it’s not a Gaga song. it’s a Gaga, Ronson and those two other guys song. Ronson even said he suggested that Gaga did the whole “Shalla-lla-lla-low” part, which now we find it was just RedOne from the start.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

But it’s not a Gaga song.

Lol. It’s a GAGA song as she is the lead artist. Those 3 guys were just songwriters.
    Cardigan is Taylor Swift song not aaron dessner song.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Lol. It’s a GAGA song as she is the lead artist. Those 3 guys were just songwriters. Cardigan is Taylor Swift song not aaron dessner song.

Swift wrote the topline. Aaron the music. It’s both their song.But Swift has repeatedly proven that she’s perfectly capable of writing amazing songs all on her own (Cornelia Street comes to mind, the best track off of Lover, and Betty, which might as well had be cowritten with one of her cats for all we know)

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Eh, Ronson himself said most of Shallow came from Gaga. But this has nothing to do with the thread so maybe we could save the critics for a different thread.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

yeah sorry went on a tangent there. But what’s life without tangents.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.