Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 969 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

The EGOT will woke-ify themselves out of relevance.

zendaya winning an emmy was what kept the awards actually relevant this year so that is CLEARLY not true

and furthermore, the reason it for so much attention is because people were genuinely very happy for her and thought she deserved the award so it’s also not true that she won purely because of BLM

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

It is very interesting, to say the least. It’s his most acclaimed studio album by far. The more I listen to it, the more impressed I am by how immersive it is, and how cohesive it feels despite the songs being so different. The outro on Faith is stunning. The big Max Martin hooks. The sax on In Your Eyes. The Elton sample on Scared to Live. The confessional centerpieces. The scope of the title track. This forum also seems overly obsessed with Metacritic as if the aggregation of two dozen critics’ opinions is somehow irrefutable proof of an album’s overall reception and not simply a small sample with outsized influence.

His most acclaimed record is House of Balloons

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

His most acclaimed record is House of Balloons

I explicitly said studio album. But keep trying it.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I explicitly said studio album. But keep trying it.

I see no point separating mixtape and studio albums

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I see no point separating mixtape and studio albums

Your feelings are irrelevant. I said it’s his most acclaimed studio album, which is fact. You replied with something that a) I am perfectly aware of and b) does not in any way negate what I said. So again: keep trying it.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Weeknd has a 80 on metacritic do I dunno where y’all get this “subpart” or “mediocre” narrative from.

With 20 (overly generous) critics. Seven less than Taylor.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

zendaya winning an emmy was what kept the awards actually relevant this year so that is CLEARLY not true

Says their lowest ratings ever.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Your feelings are irrelevant. I said it’s his most acclaimed studio album, which is fact. You replied with something that a) I am perfectly aware of and b) does not in any way negate what I said. So again: keep trying it.

To you but for most people HOB remains his best work to date, period

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

To you but for most people HOB remains his best work to date, period

Again, it’s interesting how many people in here go to such lengths to minimize what has been a great year in the mainstream for an artist of color. His most acclaimed studio album, or if you prefer—his most acclaimed record since he crashed on to the scene with his debut mixtape, House of Balloons. A mixtape, I might add, that most people in the GP who have continued to embrace his recent work, have no familiarity with at all.

By all means continue to undermine his achievements. They stand firm on their own. And he will continue to be rewarded for them.

Profile picture
    Akachukwu
    Topics:

The weeknd bias in the forum is real. You all act like his album was panned or something, if you don’t like it that’s your opinion but stop acting like the GP doesn’t love it, it’s got acclaim whether you like it or not, i myself thought folklore was boring but you don’t see me discrediting it’s acclaim, y’all doing way too much. If it wins AOTY it’s because he deserve it. PERIOD

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Weeknd has a 80 on metacritic do I dunno where y’all get this “subpart” or “mediocre” narrative from.

Nowadays an 80 on MC does not mean that much. So many more albums get 80+ scores than what was the case several years ago. After Hours is also unlikely to be in the top ten of the most acclaimed albums this year when the year-end lists get aggregated. It may not even make the top twenty. But it’s not a critics thing. I just find the album middling and “Blinding Lights” to be droning and drab. It’s a personal preference thing. But there’s been many albums I’ve liked quite less that have won AOTY. So, it winning ain’t no tragedy. And I don’t like people trying to reduce The Weeknd potentially winning entirely to BLM. There’s a pretty good chance he’d be the fr either way. Nor do I care for the micro-aggressions or the unwillingness to admit the Grammys’ unfortunate patterns throughout the years.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

After Hours is actually better than 25k whatever the name was so… I’ll take it I guess

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Taylor Swift + winning Song of the Year = BARF!

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

The Weeknd got just one more point on metacritic than Post Malone. Most people on here would probably agree that Hollywood’s Bleeding would not be a great AOTY winner.

If The Weeknd wins, it wouldn’t be any worse than 25 winning or 24K Magic, or a number of other not great albums that have won in the past.

Quite a number of those swept the big 3 awards too.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Dua Lipa x DaBaby in the next 2 weeks.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.