Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 969 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Another bad faith post from you, twisting words and arguments. It’s not surprising.

I’m not twisting at all. My point is simple, bold, distinct and straightforward. It’s you who are lacking of comprehension or actually pretending to not understand it.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I have a hard time believing that there would be a clean sweep after the Billie dominance last season. Voters may feel that rewarding “Blinding Lights” in the general field is more than enough to fulfill a “BLM agenda.” I still say the Academy as a whole is more conservative and ghost Trumpian than we think.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Well according to them 7 nominations in GF in only 2 years means nothing.

5, actually. And EXACTLY.

It’s getting out of hand the wokeness in these threads. How people can confidently make claims like the Grammys are “inherently racist” is bothersome, but y’all go off now. I’m phased AF with the Grammys, but you don’t see me saying stuff like that.

Y’all wanna call ’em racist, go ahead. I’m not here for that crap.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

With 20 (overly generous) critics. Seven less than Taylor.

I’m not saying he’s the most acclaimed or he matched Taylor, just find it odd some of y’all are acting like this is some Divide situation.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

After Hours, in my opinion, sucks. Moreover, when compared to folklore, you have continents worth of distance in quality. By critical acclaim aggregate, there’s still a gap. folklore has 88 with 27 critics. The Weeknd has 80 with only 20. And folklore held the top spot of the Billboard 200 longer than AH. So, the claims that the hate for The Weeknd is “anti black” is straight up bullshit.

I have said time and time again, if we really want POC to win, pour this love in actual deserving albums like RTJ4 who actually do have a chance. They reportedly made ten submissions to only God knows what categories.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I’m not twisting at all. My point is simple, bold, distinct and straightforward.

If you think interpreting ‘less racist’ as ‘not racist’ is bold and distinct (?) you should probably go back to school. Both to brush up on vocabulary and to learn about the straw man fallacy.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Those things do not follow each other. Lauryn Hill didn’t win because of BLM, nor did Outkast. The Grammys are less racist now than then, and the voters more diverse. If Abel were to win AOTY with an apolitical album, then it’s simply racist to say it would just be due to a political decision by voters. And so the microaggressions and false narratives continue in here…

You do realize that this whole conversation has nothing to do with After Hours and its content/message but more on Abel as black/POC artist. But go off

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Ladies and gentlemen, we all know that Grammy are racist, many of them are white conservatives. POC sweeping all four? Not on their watch. In such intense year with BLM and political issue, I can see them at least giving 1/4 of general field to white artist.

The biggest songs and the biggest albums of the year are by Black artists. There is no way that some white artist wins this year with that and the CEO saying that they are racist and that they conspire against Black artists. They are going to see a fury that they have not ever seen before if they give it to some white artist who has not been as successful this year. Megan Thee Stallion is going to win Best New Artist and The Weeknd will win the other ones

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I’m not saying he’s the most acclaimed or he matched Taylor, just find it odd some of y’all are acting like this is some Divide situation.

Only highlighting there’s a large gap between the two albums and, in my opinion, they can’t even compare quality-wise.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

If you think interpreting ‘less racist’ as ‘not racist’ is bold and distinct (?) you should probably go back to school. Both to brush up on vocabulary and learn about strawmen.

Tonnes of comments yet still not getting my point. I need to discuss with your teacher

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

The anti-black bias is SO transparent at this point. Black people losing with outstanding material isn’t a big deal but there’s no problem with white artists winning over them because they’re “deserving to some degree” (the degree in question almost always being their sales)

Trash

The only two recent cases where that is applicable is 25 and 1989

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

In general, i am against sweeps. I wish they take into account the hard work of musicians, during these times, I am scared of lazy voters that barely know 6 albums this year.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I have a hard time believing that there would be a clean sweep after the Billie dominance last season. Voters may feel that rewarding “Blinding Lights” in the general field is more than enough to fulfill a “BLM agenda.” I still say the Academy as a whole is more conservative and ghost Trumpian than we think.

I am honestly confused on what y’all are arguing about. We (at least I) want equality for black artists but the Academy will always lean conservative / “safe”. It’s just a fact. R&B / Rap is typically (not always) at a disadvantage. No need to take it personally.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

If The Weeknd wins its because of BLM
    If Taylor wins its because of white privileged!

The foolery of this forum.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Abel was always the #1 even before the BLM movement, to say he might only sweep because of that is ignorant

But still, won’t be the best pick specially with Fiona running

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.