Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 969 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

The biggest songs and the biggest albums of the year are by Black artists. There is no way that some white artist wins this year with that and the CEO saying that they are racist and that they conspire against Black artists. They are going to see a fury that they have not ever seen before if they give it to some white artist who has not been as successful this year. Megan Thee Stallion is going to win Best New Artist and The Weeknd will win the other ones

We keep saying this since 2012, how NARAS will redeem themselves and finally rewarding black artists but here we are discussing the same sh!t as yearly routine. Anyway, just in few more weeks folklore will outsell After Hours and eventually My Turn too later on, becoming the biggest album of 2020.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

If The Weeknd wins its because of BLM If Taylor wins its because of white privileged! The foolery of this forum.

Exactly, but some people afraid to admit this.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The Grammys get backlash every year, and return the following year with the same stuff. It’s because the BRP doesn’t choose the winners; NARAS does. If the make-up is mostly white conservatives, then the results will continue to show that with a few throwaway wins here and there. A backlash would not end the Grammys. What would end the Grammys is if big names started to take their names and works out of contention, but we all know they won’t do that.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

We keep saying this since 2012, how NARAS will redeem themselves and finally rewarding black artists but here we are discussing the same sh!t as yearly routine. Anyway, just in few more weeks folklore will outsell After Hours and eventually My Turn too later on, becoming the biggest album of 2020.

The Grammys get backlash every year, and return the following with the same stuff. It’s because the BRP doesn’t choose winners. NARAS does, and if the make-up is mostly white conservatives, then the results will continue to show with a few throwaway wins here and there. A backlash would not end the Grammys. What would end the Grammys if big names started to take their names and works out of contention, but we all know they won’t do that.

This is the truth.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

The Grammys get backlash every year, and return the following year with the same stuff. It’s because the BRP doesn’t choose winners. NARAS does, and if the make-up is mostly white conservatives, then the results will continue to show that with a few throwaway wins here and there. A backlash would not end the Grammys. What would end the Grammys if big names started to take their names and works out of contention, but we all know they won’t do that.

Eminem did that and he wasn’t missed. I LOL at these artists trying to “boycott” the Grammys.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Anyways, the only thing that I wanna say about all of this is that people will always find ways to discredit who wins on Grammy night, whether the winner is black, white, Asian or anything else.

So don’t be surprised if when The Weeknd sweeps this year people will attack him, just like they’ll attack Taylor, Fiona, Roddy or whoever else if they win. Just like Billie had thousand of music fans hating and bullying her on social media for months and Cardi had to deactivate from Instagram due to the amount of hate she received after winning Rap Album.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

You people act like there wasn’t some justification for Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar losing. Do you forget so easily how huge 1989 was? Moreover, she had this crossover narrative going on. 1989 was at the tip of everyone’s tongue that period. Kendrick had, by measure of critical acclaim, the better album but wasn’t just as popular. The only Kendrick loss that surprises the shit out of remains DAMN..

I genuinely don’t care about the biggest album, I want the best album to win, hence album of the year. Not BIGGEST album of the year. 1989 was not the better album then To Pimp A Butterfly, that’s big facts.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

By the way, where are the legit stats that the Grammys is mostly made up of “white conservatives”? Moreover, what’s “racist” in conservatism of all things? It’s a backward political ideology and not a synonym for KKK member.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Eminem did that and he wasn’t missed. I LOL at these artists trying to “boycott” the Grammys.

I don’t remember Eminem ever doing this. But I’m pretty certain if Kendrick, Beyoncé and the like dominate music in a particular year and decided to not only not perform at the show but take their name out of contention, it would hold huge weight to not only the Grammys but the industry that operates the Grammys. We all know Beyoncé wants to up her Grammy total and we aren’t really sure if Kendrick Lamar cares either way. So, it’s likely not going to happen, so we will continue to have this discussion yearly.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I genuinely don’t care about the biggest album, I want the best album to win, hence album of the year. Not BIGGEST album of the year. 1989 was not the better album then To Pimp A Butterfly, that’s big facts.

And at the same breath you want After Hours to win?

I’m not drunk, of course I want the best album to win. Only trying to give some perspective here.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

By the way, where are the legit stats that the Grammys is mostly made up of “white conservatives”? Moreover, what’s “racist” in conservatism of all things? It’s a backward political ideology and not a synonym for KKK member.

There have been reports of this by industry insiders, and if the final results aren’t enough to back that claim, then you are delusional af.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I don’t remember Eminem ever doing this. But I’m pretty certain if Kendrick, Beyoncé and the like dominate music in a particular year and decided to not only not perform at the show but take their name out of contention, it would hold huge weight to not only the Grammys but the industry that operates the Grammys. We all know Beyoncé wants to up her Grammy total and we aren’t really sure if Kendrick Lamar cares either way. So, it’s likely not going to happen, so we will continue to have this discussion yearly.

Eminem, in an interview, said he’s “fucking done. Don’t ever invite me again” after crying like a child over rightfully losing to Norah Jones and Steely Dan. Idk whether he’s cowered away from his statements though or if it was all bluff.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

The biggest songs and the biggest albums of the year are by Black artists.

Well, if we talk about eligibility period, both are by post malone. But i get your point.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Frank didn’t submit a single thing during Blonde era, right?

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

And at the same breath you want After Hours to win? I’m not drunk, of course I want the best album to win. Only trying to give some perspective here.

Actually I want Fetch the Bolt Cutters or RTJ4 to win. But either way After Hours and Folklore would be solid winners though.  I like After Hours more than Folklore, but Folklore is definitely not trash. Some of y’all are hard capping here.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.