Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 969 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Frank didn’t submit a single thing during Blonde era, right?

NOPE!🥰🥰🥰

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

There have been reports of this by industry insiders, and if the final results aren’t enough to back that claim, then you are delusional af.

Don’t call me “delusional” when you don’t have hard facts. It could be glorified gossip at the end of the day. I can believe a majority of them, kinda like America’s population, being white. But that they’re “conservatives” is rather off point IMO. Moreover, Dixie Chicks, who legit criticed conservative president George Bush swept the Grammys GF with their following release. So the “conservative” part seems kinda off to me. Moreover, what’s to say “white conservatives” don’t know good music?

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Eminem, in an interview, said he’s “fucking done. Don’t ever invite me again” after crying like a child over rightfully losing to Norah Jones and Steely Dan. Idk whether he’s cowered away from his statements though or if it was all bluff.

That’s not boycotting. Boycotting is taking your name out of contention and not performing, like Frank Ocean did. Artists cry every year about not getting enough recognition outside of a few key categories, but their work is still submitted. Ranting is not going to have any impact at all. Like I said, I don’t recall Eminem ever taking himself out of contention, and it’s probably too late for him to start doing that because Eminem is way past his commercial and creative peak.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

If The Weeknd wins its because of BLM If Taylor wins its because of white privileged! The foolery of this forum.

In an ideal scenario neither win since neither of them need AOTY (taylor has 2 and abels taking roty/soty) and neither of them have the best album this year.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Don’t call me “delusional” when you don’t have hard facts. It could be glorified gossip at the end of the day. I can believe a majority of them, kinda like America’s population, being white. But that they’re “conservatives” is rather off point IMO. Moreover, Dixie Chicks, who legit criticed conservative president George Bush swept the Grammys GF with their following release. So the “conservative” part seems kinda off to me. Moreover, what’s to say “white conservatives” don’t know good music?

You just sound really delusional and like one of those Trumpians in those news forums. Blah.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Actually I want Fetch the Bolt Cutters or RTJ4 to win. But either way After Hours and Folklore would be solid winners though. I like After Hours more than Folklore, but Folklore is definitely not trash. Some of y’all are hard capping here.

folklore, in my opinion, smothers After Hours in shit. Moreover, there’s a gap between them in terms of acclaim and she’s faring better on the Billboard 200 charts.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Please,  we are fighting taylor vs abel vs fiona. Watch out harry styles taking AOTY.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Petition to give it Fetch the Bolt Cutters, the rightful heir to the gramophone throne

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

You just sound really delusional and like one of those Trumpians in those news forums. Blah.

Now I’m a “Trumpian.” LOL. Just say you don’t have facts and move on. Don’t need to support our “president” to call shit shit.

Profile picture
    Skies
    Topics:
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Good God, the things I have to read on my birthday… Anyways, stream RTJ4 for spiritual guidance.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

By the way, where are the legit stats that the Grammys is mostly made up of “white conservatives”? Moreover, what’s “racist” in conservatism of all things? It’s a backward political ideology and not a synonym for KKK member.

Billboard reported that 63% of the voting members are Caucasian, and 78% male.

That means that only 37% of voters are diverse (Asian, Black, Hispanic, Native Americans) and 22% of voters are women.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

This forum also seems overly obsessed with Metacritic as if the aggregation of two dozen critics’ opinions is somehow irrefutable proof of an album’s overall reception and not simply a small sample with outsized influence.

This, exactly. Quality is subjective when it comes to music and Metacritic does not decide what the “best” album of the year is. I don’t care that “folklore” is 9 points higher than After Hours on Metacritic: I still like After Hours more.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Please, we are fighting taylor vs abel vs fiona. Watch out harry styles taking AOTY.

not happening but the gag would be real.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Now I’m a “Trumpian.” LOL. Just say you don’t have facts and move on. Don’t need to support our “president” to call shit shit.

Oh wow. First you hate about others sexuality on the basis of his music taste. Now you are calling him trumpian on the basis of a simple argument. Wow you must be a future teller.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.