Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 969 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Which the help of 34 tracks. The lack of physical sales is concerning

With the help of 5 songs being above Taylors biggest song currently on spotify*

With the help of the entire album being above Taylors biggest song on Apple music*

It’s the streaming era. You need to accept that Pop has had the bigger album for weeks now.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

The people who listen to pop smoke are Gen z Tik Tockers who are broke tho. Tay has never been a streaming force

whenever the chart success of rap music is brought up, your immediate response is always to rush to discredit it by claiming it as a tiktok hit as if that suddenly makes it worth dismissing and lacking in quality. Like we get it you don’t like rap music

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

My god y’all are exhausting. Taylor is strongly helped by bundles though her streaming is certainly not bad for her album (which changes nothing about the consumption differences, but it does explain it). That does not show complete lack of interest and the album is still doing well without it.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

With the help of 5 songs being above Taylors biggest song currently on spotify* With the help of the entire album being above Taylors biggest song on Apple music* It’s the streaming era. You need to accept that Pop has had the bigger album for weeks now.

Average stream on Spotify :

SFTSAFTM : 36.14M/track

Folklore : 57.30M/track

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Average stream on Spotify : SFTSAFTM : 36.14M/track Folklore : 57.30M/track

Again, Spotify is not Pop Smoke’s biggest platform. Yet he is still demolishing her on it right now.

Go head over to Apple Music where you’ll find Pop Smoke’s highest song at #3 (with 2 other songs top 10) and Taylor’s highest at #321…

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

This forum is really getting out of hand…. some of you guys are just TOO much. Just let it go.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

My god y’all are exhausting. Taylor is strongly helped by bundles though her streaming is certainly not bad for her album (which changes nothing about the consumption differences, but it does explain it). That does not show complete lack of interest and the album is still doing well without it.

The users here are questioning people actually paying for music these days, but consider a song spammed on the radio a bigger achievement. It is getting weird in here.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

The people who listen to pop smoke are Gen z Tik Tockers who are broke tho. Tay has never been a streaming force. Y’all are also comparing a Rap album to an Indi inspired pop/alternative album.

taylor is absolutely a streaming force

she just doesn’t have big streaming hits

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i haven’t ever disliked a dababy verse from what i’ve heard so i’m unbothered about him on levitating remix but she didn’t need a feature for this single – the song is outstanding by itself

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

Hip-Hop/Rap are the most popular genres right now. Of course they are gonna outstream folklore which is an alternative album. Not to mention, streaming is dominated by male artists right now. Folklore is the most streamed female album at the moment. I can’t believe you guys are acting like she’s flopping when she’s doing really great despite not being a streaming force.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

The users here are questioning people actually paying for music these days, but consider a song spammed on the radio a bigger achievement. It is getting weird in here.

Radio doesn’t count for Billboard 200 though. And Taylor has benefited from it since the beggining of her career. You seem kind of lost.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

which is an alternative album

No, it isn’t. It’s a pop album by a huge pop artist.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Hip-Hop/Rap are the most popular genres right now. Of course they are gonna outstream folklore which is an alternative album. Not to mention, streaming is dominated by male artists right now. Folklore is the most streamed female album at the moment. I can’t believe you guys are acting like she’s flopping when she’s doing really great despite not being a streaming force.

No one is saying that tho. I believe his/her point is that charts are fabricated and do not represent correctly what is actually being consumed the most

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

If she’s doing so well on streaming. Why is she relying on physical sales so much? Why the need of exploiting your fans?

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I may stop here. It’s a late night already here. Anyway folklore will stay in the Top 10 for a while and we love to see it. K bye for now

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.