Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 969 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Phoebe Bridgers Final Tally:

(1) Best New Artist

Miss Phoebe is doing her thing campaign-wise, I think she can achieve more than just BNA.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Miss Phoebe is doing her thing campaign-wise, I think she can achieve more than just BNA.

I wish. I was just listening to Punisher, she deserves an Alternative Album slot. But the field feels crowded with :

Big Thief

Fiona

Tame Impala

Beck

HAIM

I’m not sure how Phoebe makes it in (and that’s snubbing FKA, too).

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Any word on Post Malone’s submissions?

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

AOTY

after hours

folklore

fine line

please excuse me

lil baby

country slot

niche artist

niche artist

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I am predicting Phoebe to get more than just BNA for sure. Her campaigning has been rock solid, her album is more acclaimed than most other albums bar Fiona, and Punisher is also a clear progression from her debut. I think voters will want to nominate the album, and that they’d feel more urgently about it than some of the other acts that are predicted to get into alternative album.

Tame Impala put out a solid record, but not on the level of Currents. Beck was better on Morning Phase. But Phoebe’s never been better.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

AOTY

after hours

folklore

fine line please

excuse me

lil baby

the highwomen

Fiona apple

Bob Dylan

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

I don’t wanna start this conversation again, but someone said that Folklore’s streaming numbers are horrid and that was a reach.

According to HDD, Taylor made 28k units from streams this week.

In their 9th weeks, After Hours made 30k (#7) and Fine Line made 23k (#11). And they all had hit singles to push them, unlike Folklore.

One thing is to say that Folklore’s performance has been helped by signed copies (which I agree), but it’s not like only swifties are listening to the album.

PS: I compared to AH and FL because they are this year’s biggest albums by popstars. Pop Smoke would ”destroy” them too cause his streaming numbers are huge.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

PS: I compared to AH and FL because they are this year’s biggest albums by popstars. Pop Smoke would ”destroy” them too cause his streaming numbers are huge.

Pop Smoke would destroy them because he’s had the biggest album in America for the past 7 weeks. (exception for when big seans and youngboys album came out tho obviously)

BTW originally this was compared to Dynamite where Dynamite is only #1 due to stans/shady tactics (BTS 10 remixes Taylor all the signed copies) and not gp interest. I still think that comparison is fair and Taylor (along with BTS) clearly have some amount of gp interest. Just not enough to justify them being #1 on their respective charts.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/luvyoutosaturn/status/1309519118576627714?s=20

That’s how you make a song. She should be nominated for this.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

According to HDD, Taylor made 28k units from streams this week. In their 9th weeks, After Hours made 30k (#7) and Fine Line made 23k (#11). And they all had hit singles to push them, unlike Folklore.

I’m not entirely sure of the point you’re trying to make, but yes, Folklore has no hit singles to lift its streaming numbers. Though nor did Harry nine weeks in, as Adore You had yet to take off and Watermelon Sugar was still months away from being a single.

I don’t think anyone said Folklore is a total flop on streaming—but isn’t it just fact that she’d never repeak at the top again now without tens of thousands of signed copies? She was never a streaming powerhouse and has never needed it because of a dedicated fanbase, strong physical sales, and a knack for pulling out all the stops gimmick-wise.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I don’t think anyone said Folklore is a total flop on streaming—but isn’t it just fact that she’d never repeak at the top again now without tens of thousands of signed copies? She was never a streaming powerhouse and has never needed it because of a dedicated fanbase, strong physical sales, and a knack for pulling out all the stops gimmick-wise.

I did say it had abysmal streaming, which is an exaggeration for sure. It still is not the biggest album in the country though.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/luvyoutosaturn/status/1309519118576627714?s=20 That’s how you make a song. She should be nominated for this.

I’m sure that’s part of her campaign. The RAW talent.

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Just not enough to justify them being #1 on their respective charts.

Then no need to say her streams are horrid and abysmal. You can say that most of her streams are local but her main audience are in america, asia and oceania and no one uses apple music, spotify here in asia. She is not much famous in europe, i agree.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Then no need to say her streams are horrid and abysmal. You can say that most of her streams are local but her main audience are in america, asia and oceania and no one uses apple music, spotify here in asia. She is not famous in europe, i agree.

I literally just said the streams comment was an exaggeration.

Once again, she’d be #5 without all the tactics, which does show the gp is somewhat interested in this album.

FYC

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

The point is that Taylor’s streams are good because her SEA numbers match big albums like After Hours and Fine Line.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.