Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 969 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
epiphany
ciguanaba
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/luvyoutosaturn/status/1309519118576627714?s=20 That’s how you make a song. She should be nominated for this.

I hope this gets nominated and hopefully wins too.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor is local, her album is still top 10 in UK. That’s the best performing international album released in 2020 there. She was 4 weeks #1 in many international markets.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Pop Smoke would destroy them because he’s had the biggest album in America for the past 7 weeks. (exception for when big seans and youngboys album came out tho obviously) BTW originally this was compared to Dynamite where Dynamite is only #1 due to stans/shady tactics (BTS 10 remixes Taylor all the signed copies) and not gp interest. I still think that comparison is fair and Taylor (along with BTS) clearly have some amount of gp interest. Just not enough to justify them being #1 on their respective charts.

Yeah, she wouldn’t be #1 but top 5 after 2 months is still good.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor is local, her album is still top 10 in UK. That’s the best performing international album released in 2020 there. She was 4 weeks #1 in many international markets.

Check who’s #1 in the UK rn actually

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i was afraid to say it in case i get attacked but i don’t think folklore actually had much impact on the GP, i didn’t really hear much about it outside of music fans/ stan twitter/ critics.

but it has lots of industry support so it shouldn’t really affect her

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Pop Smoke and I’m happy for him/his label. To go number 1 finally after 12 weeks is a major achievement.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Both of them had moved around the same total units 111.000 until last week, now Pop Smoke should be 120.000 and Taylor 117,000.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

The point is that Taylor’s streams are good because her SEA numbers match big albums like After Hours and Fine Line.

You say ‘big albums like AH and FL’ but Taylor is a much bigger seller, and artist, certainly than Harry, whose first album didn’t do very well at all. So her numbers simply matching those of less massive artists doesn’t really say much of anything.

I think the main takeaway is that she continues, as she has before, to be stronger with album sales (whether physical, signed copies, iTunes etc) and less so on streaming (which is often fueled by radio presence, which she’s had less of this era.)

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

i was afraid to say it in case i get attacked but i don’t think folklore actually had much impact on the GP, i didn’t really hear much about it outside of music fans/ stan twitter/ critics. but it has lots of industry support so it shouldn’t really affect her

That’s interesting. I’ve heard more people irl talking about her than I have since LWYMMD in 2017. I guess it’s all just anecdotal though, doesn’t really prove anything on either side.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Both of them had moved around the same total units 111.000 until last week, now Pop Smoke should be 120.000 and Taylor 117,000.

So Pop Smoke’s album is bigger?

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

In any case, the album is doing good bundles or not. You can’t argue something on that, it is tired at this point, after these 30 plus pages.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

i was afraid to say it in case i get attacked but i don’t think folklore actually had much impact on the GP, i didn’t really hear much about it outside of music fans/ stan twitter/ critics. but it has lots of industry support so it shouldn’t really affect her

I don’t wanna sound dumb either, I have the kinda opposite experience, a lot of people I know praised it. I was even  reading Daily Mail(BARF!!) one day and I saw many comments on an article of Folklore being quite generous, I think it has reached different demographics.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Check who is #1 in china actually? 60 million vs 1500 million people. She is not local.

Great.

Claiming she has the biggest international album in the UK remains a false statement.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

You say ‘big albums like AH and FL’ but Taylor is a much bigger seller, and artist, certainly than Harry, whose first album didn’t do very well at all. So her numbers simply matching those of less massive artists doesn’t really say much of anything. I think the main takeaway is that she continues, as she has before, to be stronger with album sales (whether physical, signed copies, iTunes etc) and less so on streaming (which is often fueled by radio presence, which she’s had less of this era.)

She’s a much bigger seller when it comes to pure sales. When it comes to streaming, her numbers were never phenomenal, they’re just good.

And what I just did was to exclude the album sales and then I compared the streams.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Great. Claiming she has the biggest international album in the UK remains a false statement.

Lol, she almost have it. You are a fan of Swift and you Go all the Miles to convince us she didn’t deserve 7 weeks #1 in US. If any other x artist released bundles/merchandise/signed cds, would you still contest their #1?? Be honest with your answer, because I fear you are becoming a little biased with Taylor.

FYC Grammys 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 969 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 46)’ is closed to new replies.