Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I also think that Lady Gaga will overperform. Her campaign is on point so far, she’s obviously a favorite in the pop categories, and her momentum seems to pick up again just in time for the nomination voting.

I see her getting noms in all 3 pop categories + ROTY/SOTY and tbh I can see her getting AOTY too, but I guess that one could en questionable.

Idk about Best Music Video, cause those nominations are always so unpredictable to me, so anything goes I guess.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Best Music Video is so unpredictable… like, we know there’s 1-2 mainstream videos at best and the rest is obscure, but even knowing that it’s still unpredictable.

I see “Blinding Lights” making it as the only mainstream choice. My other options for the category overall are “I Can’t Breathe”, “Lockdown” and “Sad Day”, don’t think “Physical” is entering.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Roddy Ricch is featured in Rolling Stone’s GRAMMY preview issue.

yep a frontrunner

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Gaga, Fiona and Chloe x Halle overperforming? I wish we lived in that world.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

the way BTS will probably perform D
    ** at the AMAs or BBMAs

they’re a lock for pop duo nom

Both maybe, I’m liking their campaign. This overexposure may be a backfire but whatever, the boys are doing great.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I see Gaga overperforming but not because she’s getting momentum back, just because of her campaign. The 911 video (while great) didn’t pick up conversation about her enough and the album is still not doing very well. I wouldn’t say she exactly has “momentum” right now.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Gaga should’ve released the 911 video early, it would absolutely get a nod this year

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I see Gaga overperforming but not because she’s getting momentum back, just because of her campaign. The 911 video (while great) didn’t pick up conversation about her enough and the album is still not doing very well. I wouldn’t say she exactly has “momentum” right now.

I agree, the album got only 3k bump and will plummet down again. The main reason she may overperform is the Billboard Grammy cover sent to voters, but I am not sure for GF, given how affected by BLM will be.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

so I guess The Weeknd will be the most nominated

aoty

roty

soty

pop solo

either pop album / progressive r&b

r&b submission

video

roddy

aoty

roty

rap album

rap song

rap melodic performance

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Best Music Video:
    Blinding Lights: The Weeknd
    Sad Day: FKA Twigs
    Ouster Stew: Crack Cloud
    No Glory In The West: Orville Peck
    The Man: Taylor Swift

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Best Music Video: Blinding Lights: The Weeknd Sad Day: FKA Twigs Ouster Stew: Crack Cloud No Glory In The West: Orville Peck The Man: Taylor Swift

If Queen Taylor gets nominated there, I will be so happy.☺️

Some say her VMA win sealed the deal, but I take it with a grain of salt.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Don’t get your hopes up about Gaga. The committee has been favoring young fresh blood in recent years. That spells good news for Dua Lipa and Harry Styles. Rain On Me is a contender as it has always been though.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

My predictions for most nominated artists are Maren Morris, followed by The Weeknd and Roddy Ricch.

Maren Morris (7): AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Country Song, Country Solo Performance, Country Album, Country Duo/Group Performance

The Weeknd (6): AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, the album category, Pop Solo, Music Video
    (I have a hard time believing “Heartless” is entering in any category, same for “In Your Eyes” remix.)

Roddy Ricch (6): AOTY, ROTY, Rap Album, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Melodic Rap Performance

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

My predictions for most nominated artists are Maren Morris, followed by The Weeknd and Roddy Ricch. Maren Morris (7): AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Country Song, Country Solo Performance, Country Album, Country Duo/Group Performance The Weeknd (6): AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, the album category, Pop Solo, Music Video (I have a hard time believing “Heartless” is entering in any category, same for “In Your Eyes” remix.) Roddy Ricch (6): AOTY, ROTY, Rap Album, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Melodic Rap Performance

Marens album is not eligible, do I expect her to get nominated ? Yes, most nominated artist ? Not happening.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Marens album is not eligible, do I expect her to get nominated ? Yes, most nominated artist ? Not happening.

With The Highwomen.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.