Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I think Taylor is submitting “Cardigan” instead of “The Man” for Music Video. I don’t see neither happening though, despite the VMA.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

*Someone is featured in some magazine or performing somewhere*

This thread: SHE/HE’S A LOCK IN X CATEGORY HE/SHE’S WINNING

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

WHERE TF IS BNA IN THE PREDICTION CENTER?

Do we need to riot again? To have these people listen to us?

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Just…wait?

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

How much will the presidential election result impact the music landscape and Grammy Award winning campaigns

A thesis

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

It’s not that serious

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

It’s a joke lol

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

How much will the presidential election result impact the music landscape and Grammy Award winning campaigns A thesis

Trump wins-heavenly politicized, BLM will be a key issue more, especially with the winners. After Hours will be the winner. 

Biden wins- BLM will still be politicized, but not as much. Folklore will win.

Just a reminder that the Grammys will be held 11 days after the inauguration ceremony, it definitely will be a key issue.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Trump wins-heavenly politicized, BLM will be a key issue more, especially with the winners. After Hours will be the winner. Biden wins- BLM will still be politicized, but not as much. Folklore will win. Just a reminder that the Grammys will be held 11 days after the inauguration ceremony, it definitely will be a key issue.

I’m not sure if I agree with your analysis but it will definitely have an impact. Keep in mind, this election like won’t be called for a couple days after election night. That means we may find out who wins just under 2 weeks before voting for winners begin. It will definitely be very impactful. (I hope the people don’t give up on BLM if Biden wins though, even with T**** out of office we still have a long way to go so we can’t just say “racism’s solved yay” and then move on with our lives).

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

I don’t think people who support BLM who get Biden elected will drop the BLM monicker. BLM has been an issue for YEARS now, and what makes a difference now is that more and more Americans support the movement and are much more aware of it due to the amount of activism online as well as the protesting/rioting. Tying back to the Grammys, my predictions above are just the most likely scenario for the Grammys. Taylor winning AOTY will be much more likely in a Biden administration because I feel like the Grammys won’t bat an eye if they vote for a white AOTY again because of the amount of Black winners already predicted to win big awards in the GF with The Weeknd and Megan. If Trump wins his second term, I definitely see that much outrage for the Grammys so white to occur again as it did with the Grammys. 

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

I agree with @ELIAS about election affecting grammys. Is trump even supported enough to win for 2nd term? He will definitely lose and we all will be celebrating.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I don’t think people who support BLM who get Biden elected will drop the BLM monicker. BLM has been an issue for YEARS now, and what makes a difference now is that more and more Americans support the movement and are much more aware of it due to the amount of activism online as well as the protesting/rioting. Tying back to the Grammys, my predictions above are just the most likely scenario for the Grammys. Taylor winning AOTY will be much more likely in a Biden administration because I feel like the Grammys won’t bat an eye if they vote for a white AOTY again because of the amount of Black winners already predicted to win big awards in the GF with The Weeknd and Megan. If Trump wins his second term, I definitely see that much outrage for the Grammys so white to occur again as it did with the Grammys.

I totally understand the point. I didn’t necessarily mean that they would stop using the term BLM, rather that people would relax and feel like the issue was resolved when there is still so much further to go.

I guess my point is that Biden winning the presidency, while a step forward for sure and definitely an improvement, should not make the BLM movement die down. I’m saying I hope the Grammy’s don’t give up on trying to promote racial equality because “it’s not an issue with Trump out of office” when it still it is for sure.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

If Trump wins his second term, I definitely see that much outrage for the Grammys so white to occur again.

This makes sense. I won’t keep an eye for this election because I was really disappointed when I woke up to the news saying he was elected in 2016, my mental health comes first.

Also, I remember this impacted the Oscars, right? In 2016 we had the “#OscarSoWhite”, his first (and hopefully last) election and then in 2017 we had Moonlight winning Best Picture as well Mahershala Ali and Viola Davis in the Supporting Acting categories.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I was living in Europe during the Hillary / Trump showdown and we gathered at an international bookstore to watch the results coming in. At first the mood was celebratory and we were all getting plastered on Pilsners but then as the results started coming in we switched to hard liquor and half the room was despondent, te other half left and I’ll never forget the shocked looks on everyone’s faces.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I think Taylor is submitting “Cardigan” instead of “The Man” for Music Video. I don’t see neither happening though, despite the VMA.

After the VMA directing win Taylor would be stupid to submit Cardigan

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.