Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Gaga, Fiona and Chloe x Halle overperforming? I wish we lived in that world.

I can easily see a scenario where Fiona gets nominated across the board. It would be a way of recognizing a fantastic career that was maligned for no reason at all. She should be already be a twice nominee for Album of the year and arguably had won for When The Pawn… or The Idler Wheel plus a couple of SOTY wins and she shouldn’t ever have lost alternative album. That was an insult.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Isn’t the Alternative Album category without a committee as well ? She could be able to win easily this time but Tame Impala could be her biggest threat .

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Get real!  Lady Gaga will NOT overperform.  Little monsters are delusional.  She is NOT happening in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Music Video. Her album and songs came and went.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Even if they had a committee it wouldn’t have any power over who wins. The fact that she hasn’t won is sure prejudice against her and the way she exposed the industry when she first started out.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Only two women – three if you count Brittany Howard with the Alabama Shakes – won Best Alternative Music Album ever since the category was created, and there are years where they aren’t even nominated. That alone is very telling of their bias.

Anyways, Tame Impala may pull a Gotye and end up winning Fiona despite not having the best or most acclaimed album of the category. Choices.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Oh, I also forgot to mention Björk’s countless nominations and zero wins in this category. That’s why I’m not hopeful for Fiona (also adding all the circumstances we know like campaign and stuff.)

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Maren Morris + 7 nominations = NOT happening

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Oh, I also forgot to mention Björk countless nominations and zero wins in this category. That’s why I’m not hopeful for Fiona (also adding all the circumstances we know like campaign and stuff.)

Yes. The Alternative voters are misogynists (not that I didn’t enjoy Vampire Weekend winning, and Danielle HAIM was basically part of the band)

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

Yes. The Alternative voters are misogynists.

How the fuck Norman Fucking Rockwell didn’t get nominated for Alternative Album but for AOTY? It doesn’t even make sense. She got ROBBED. It’s like they don’t ever want her to win for whatever reason.

Anyway, I think Fiona will win. She did something completely groundbreaking and it has a metacritic score of 98. I know they don’t really care about that score but i don’t think a man will win that category this year. Fiona, Phoebe and HAIM all released great albums.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I can easily see a scenario where Fiona gets nominated across the board. It would be a way of recognizing a fantastic career that was maligned for no reason at all. She should be already be a twice nominee for Album of the year and arguably had won for When The Pawn… or The Idler Wheel plus a couple of SOTY wins and she shouldn’t ever have lost alternative album. That was an insult.

amen to that! She absolutely should be everywhere.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

All of Lana Del Rey’s album’s have been submitted to Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

All of Lana Del Rey’s album’s have been submitted to Best Pop Vocal Album.

Looking at the nominees, i think Billie still would’ve won but the fact that they nominated that garbage Ed Sheeran album over NFR is making me nauseous. Ew.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Listening to Hounds of Love and I can’t believe it has no grammys nor nominations.

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is NOT happening in Best Music Video.  Let’s stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

How the fuck Norman Fucking Rockwell didn’t get nominated for Alternative Album but for AOTY? It doesn’t even make sense. She got ROBBED. It’s like they don’t ever want her to win for whatever reason. Anyway, I think Fiona will win. She did something completely groundbreaking and it has a metacritic score of 98. I know they don’t really care about that score but i don’t think a man will win that category this year. Fiona, Phoebe and HAIM all released great albums.

I think Lana’s albun was bizarrely submitted to Pop.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.