Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Looking at the nominees, i think Billie still would’ve won but the fact that they nominated that garbage Ed Sheeran album over NFR is making me nauseous. Ew.

Billie’s should’ve been submitted do Alternative. That album WAS NOT pop.

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

I don’t mind Billie submitting to Pop/winning since it has pop elements. I just can’t get over that they nominated Ed Sheeran’s collaborations project over NFR. It is so fucking bad and generic + he’s a sellout.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift is NOT happening in Best Music Video. Let’s stop being delusional.

Prior to the VMAs I also thought it was pretty delusional to pick her. I think the fact that The Man is political and that 9/10 best direction winners in the past 10 years have gotten in makes it a pretty safe bet.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Last thing on the political issue, I think this year is going to be different for the past few Grammy years. I think what helps Folklore winning is that the Grammys can use the argument they award enough Black artist, even if it’s not AOTY. The Weeknd is predicted to win ROTY and SOTY and Megan Thee Stallion is predicted to win BNA. In 2017 and 2018 respectively, Adele and Bruno Mars swept the awards where at last one Black winner should have won. If LEMONADE or DAMN. won AOTY and Adele/Bruno Mars win ROTY/SOTY, we wouldn’t have the same conversation. If Taylor Swift sweeps the GF and Phoebe Bridgers wins BNA then we have issue. But personally, I don’t think the winners would be controversial except the whole 5 out 6 past AOTY winners are white females with pop-infused music. Taylor would make headlines for being the first woman to win AOTY 3 times, we shouldn’t diminish that all. I think personally, I will be more pressed about a Black person not winning, then ever Taylor Swift winning AOTY as many here are. Folklore is an amazing work of art with good storytelling./em>

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    overdecorated
    Topics:

Prior to the VMAs I also thought it was pretty delusional to pick her. I think the fact that The Man is political and that 9/10 best direction winners in the past 10 years have gotten in makes it a pretty safe bet.

I just hope they nominate the Cardigan MV instead of The Man. It’s tacky.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

<b>Last thing on the political issue, I think this year is going to be different for the past few Grammy years. I think what helps Folklore winning is that the Grammys can use the argument they award enough Black artist, even if it’s not AOTY. The Weeknd is predicted to win ROTY and SOTY and Megan Thee Stallion is predicted to win BNA. In 2017 and 2018 respectively, Adele and Bruno Mars swept the awards where at last one Black winner should have won. If LEMONADE or DAMN. won AOTY and Adele/Bruno Mars win ROTY/SOTY, we wouldn’t have the same conversation. If Taylor Swift sweeps the GF and Phoebe Bridgers wins BNA then we have issue. But personally, I don’t think the winners would be controversial except the whole 5 out 6 past AOTY winners are white females with pop-infused music. Taylor would make headlines for being the first woman to win AOTY 3 times, we shouldn’t diminish that all. I think personally, I will be more pressed about a Black person not winning, then ever Taylor Swift winning AOTY as many here are. Folklore is an amazing work of art with good storytelling.</b>

I definitely agree that press after a Taylor win would not be all negative as you pointed out. Having a woman win 3 times for the first time would generate some positive press (maybe not enough to outweigh the negative but it’s not all bad).

I’m still iffy on her. While I certainly think it’s possible now, I’m not really sold. Were any of those 9/10 winners as off the radar as she was at this point during the race when they won?

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Last thing on the political issue, I think this year is going to be different for the past few Grammy years. I think what helps Folklore winning is that the Grammys can use the argument they award enough Black artist, even if it’s not AOTY. The Weeknd is predicted to win ROTY and SOTY and Megan Thee Stallion is predicted to win BNA. In 2017 and 2018 respectively, Adele and Bruno Mars swept the awards where at last one Black winner should have won. If LEMONADE or DAMN. won AOTY and Adele/Bruno Mars win ROTY/SOTY, we wouldn’t have the same conversation. If Taylor Swift sweeps the GF and Phoebe Bridgers wins BNA then we have issue. But personally, I don’t think the winners would be controversial except the whole 5 out 6 past AOTY winners are white females with pop-infused music. Taylor would make headlines for being the first woman to win AOTY 3 times, we shouldn’t diminish that all. I think personally, I will be more pressed about a Black person not winning, then ever Taylor Swift winning AOTY as many here are. Folklore is an amazing work of art with good storytelling./em>

Yup, I can feel that 3/4 general fields will go to POC. They can give AOTY to white winner which I expect it will be either Taylor or Fiona. Abel snatches both ROTY/SOTY and Megan wins BNA. But then again black artist can win AOTY but this time they will be more generous and spread the wealth to different artist (no sweep). This kind of outcome will fit all the narrative.

AOTY : Jaime

ROTY : Blinding Lights

SOTY : exile/cardigan

BNA : Megan Thee Stallion

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I’m still iffy on her. While I certainly think it’s possible now, I’m not really sold. Were any of those 9/10 winners as off the radar as she was at this point during the race when they won?

Bad Girls by M.I.A. would probably be the best example. Though I’d hardly say Taylors off the radar

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, if a white person wins Album of the Year, it will NOT be Taylor Swift.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Do you think Billie can win that category over Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver?

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Rickety-old-Thot
    Topics:

Mainstream, non-rock artists do not compete in Alternative unless they make something “out there” and idiosyncratic. Otherwise, they’re getting relegated to Pop or Rock or whatever.

Bjork never winning in Alternative is quite absurd. While Fiona should already have an Alternative win for The Idler Wheel. But you also have to remember that many of Bjork’s peak albums competed against some of the most acclaimed bands of the past couple of decades. There was not really a year where she had momentum and looked like the obvious fr there.

best albums of 2020: Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Set My Heart On Fire Immediately, What’s Your Pleasure, Run The Jewels 4, St Cloud, Grae, The Descendants of Cain

Profile picture
    tobey1
    Topics:

Sorry to anyone when I said Lizzo was going to be in pop duo performance cause she submitted apaprently to r&b song soooooo I think she will be nominated for that with ari

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Bad Girls by M.I.A. would probably be the best example. Though I’d hardly say Taylors off the radar

I meant off the radar more not being considered for a nomination at all until the VMA win but yeah I understand.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

AOTY : Jaime

<b>I personally cannot see why Jaime by Brittany Howard can win. If someone is winning that is not Abel in AOTY it’s Roddy Ricch. Roddy Ricch is pretty much huge in rap atm, he has an enormous album with one of the biggest rap singles of the year as well as arguably the biggest features of this year with Dababy with ROCKSTAR. Anyways, my money on Please Excuse Me For Being Anti-Social for an upset from After Hours v. Folklore debate. There are too many indie rock/indie pop/singer songwriters albums this year anyways (Fine Line, Folklore, and Fetch the Bolt Cutters).</b>

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

AOTY : Jaime ROTY : Blinding Lights SOTY : exile/cardigan BNA : Megan Thee Stallion

this situation (while ideal) is probably not going to happen, but if it did I do think it would make a lot of people happy and would be argued as one of the better lineups in the past 10 years

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.