Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Dylan George
    Topics:

For BPDG I’m confident on 4 nominees (Dynamite, If The World Was Ending, Rain On Me and Memories). Unsure about what the fifth choice will be.

Really? I’m thinking Exile, Dynamite, Rain On Me, Take What You Want, and My Oh My. I can totally see If The World Was Ending. I really hope Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber are left out.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

That’s not really different, though. They did that very recently when This Is America won ROTY and SOTY while Kacey Musgraves (deservedly) won AOTY. A lot of the criticism against them has been that no matter how well an album by a black artist does, no matter how much it sells or how big a hit it produces or how acclaimed it is, there’s always a white woman more deserving. I don’t want to rehash this entire debate—I’m just pointing out that nothing of what you’re suggesting is in any way new or different.

Well it’s not anyone’s fault a white woman is actually MORE deserving this year. And yes that woman is Fiona.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

I’m having a very hard time believing that Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and Dua Lipa will all end up in Album of the Year.

Something’s gotta give. The question is who?

Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

Apparently BTS will be featured on the Savage Love Remix.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Well it’s not anyone’s fault a white woman is actually MORE deserving this year. And yes that woman is Fiona.

To be fair, the notion of ‘being deserving’ is inherently subjective, based entirely on the parameters you set for it.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

To be fair, the notion of ‘being deserving’ is inherently subjective, based entirely on the parameters you set for it.

One of the most acclaimed albums of all times is not enough for you ?

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

That’s not really different, though. They did that very recently when This Is America won ROTY and SOTY while Kacey Musgraves (deservedly) won AOTY. A lot of the criticism against them has been that no matter how well an album by a black artist does, no matter how much it sells or how big a hit it produces or how acclaimed it is, there’s always a white woman more deserving. I don’t want to rehash this entire debate—I’m just pointing out that nothing of what you’re suggesting is in any way new or different.

Ironically

There wasn’t much backlash against Kacey though.. of course many thought Janelle Monae should of won AOTY but a lot of black people listen to Kacey album and liked it and became fans. I saw more black people annoyed that TIA won record and song of the year instead.

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, out of those three white acts, only Dua Lipa will end up in Album of the Year.  Harry Styles and Taylor Swift are NOT happening there.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Harry Styles is so hard to predict.

The truth is he could actually be shut out altogether, or just get a BPVA nod—or he could hit ROTY, SOTY, BPSP, BPVA and even possibly AOTY. I simply have no idea.

A lot of it depends completely on whether the BRP will pick him from the lists for the general field and we just have no way of knowing whether they think he’s ‘earned it’.

Profile picture
    Dylan George
    Topics:

I think Harry’s AOTY chances may be better now because Rolling Stone included it in their list of the Top 500 Album of All Time. I think Harry, Dua, and Taylor should be the main pop representees in AOTY.

My AOTY Preds:
    Taylor Swift- Folklore (Win)
    Dua Lipa- Future Nostalgia
    Harry Styles- Fine Line
    Post Malone- Hollywood’s Bleeding
    The Chicks- Gaslighter
    Fiona Apple- Fetch The Bolt Cutters
    Roddy Ricch- Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial
    The Weeknd- After Hours

ROTY:
    Don’t Start Now- Dua Lipa
    Blinding Lights- The Weeknd (Win)
    Adore You- Harry Styles
    Circles- Post Malone
    Savage- Megan Thee Stallion/Beyonce
    Rockstar- DaBaby/Roddy Ricch
    The Box- Roddy Ricch
    Rain On Me- Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande

SOTY:
    Don’t Start Now- Dua Lipa
    Blinding Lights- The Weeknd
    Adore You- Harry Styles
    Circles- Post Malone (Win)
    Cardigan- Taylor Swift
    The Bones- Maren Morris
    Everything I Wanted- Billie Eilish
    The Bigger Picture- Lil Baby

BNA:
    Megan Thee Stallion (Win)
    Doja Cat
    Lewis Capaldi
    24kGoldn
    Alec Benjamin
    Gabby Barrett
    Morgan Wallen
    Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

thats not important. Sending it to pop was fraud.

Billie’s album in Pop? NOT category fraud by any means. It is clear pop.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I think Harry’s AOTY chances may be better now because Rolling Stone included it in their list of the Top 500 Album of All Time. I think Harry, Dua, and Taylor should be the main pop representees in AOTY. My AOTY Preds: Taylor Swift- Folklore (Win) Dua Lipa- Future Nostalgia Harry Styles- Fine Line Post Malone- Hollywood’s Bleeding The Chicks- Gaslighter Fiona Apple- Fetch The Bolt Cutters Roddy Ricch- Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial The Weeknd- After Hours ROTY: Don’t Start Now- Dua Lipa Blinding Lights- The Weeknd (Win) Adore You- Harry Styles Circles- Post Malone Savage- Megan Thee Stallion/Beyonce Rockstar- DaBaby/Roddy Ricch The Box- Roddy Ricch Rain On Me- Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande SOTY: Don’t Start Now- Dua Lipa Blinding Lights- The Weeknd Adore You- Harry Styles Circles- Post Malone (Win) Cardigan- Taylor Swift The Bones- Maren Morris Everything I Wanted- Billie Eilish The Bigger Picture- Lil Baby BNA: Megan Thee Stallion (Win) Doja Cat Lewis Capaldi 24kGoldn Alec Benjamin Gabby Barrett Morgan Wallen Phoebe Bridgers

Really love your prediction, apart from Circles winning SOTY, not happening.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

“Level of Concern” might end in Pop Duo/Group.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit :

Album of the Year – Reunions
    Song of the Year – What’ve I Done to Help featuring Michael Kiwanuka
    Best Americana Album – Reunions
    Best American Roots Song – What’ve I Done to Help featuring Michael Kiwanuka

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I think Harry’s AOTY chances may be better now because Rolling Stone included it in their list of the Top 500 Album of All Time.

Harry seems like the artist who would do more underground campaigning that the public doesn’t see. Pushing Golden may help him. There was also an interview a while back where a voter implied that Harry may have been actually very close to a Grammy nom last time and just barely missed. Obviously we don’t know how “close” he was, but it shows the Grammys probably don’t hate him. They have every reason to reward him this go around.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.