Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 529 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Steve johnson
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Really? I’m thinking Exile, Dynamite, Rain On Me, Take What You Want, and My Oh My. I can totally see If The World Was Ending. I really hope Maroon 5 and Justin Bieber are left out.

Maroon 5 are gonna get in as much as I hate to see it. It had the 2nd best chartrun of the songs (strangely BTS had the best) and I can’t think of Maroon 5 missing a nomination.

My Oh My won’t happen I think. It’s too forgotten and Camila is a magnet for bad press at this stage.

Highly doubt Exile will happen without a push. Considering there’s 1 weeks till voting and that still hasn’t happened, I doubt it will.

IDK what Take What U Want is so I won’t weigh in lol.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Michael Myers
    Topics:

Apparently BTS will be featured on the Savage Love Remix.

That’s.. a choice

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

also for harry I have bpva and aoty rn. I could easily see him also getting bpsp bmv and roty too. regardless he isn’t winning anything

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

also for harry I have bpva and aoty rn. I could easily see him also getting bpsp bmv and roty too. regardless he isn’t winning anything

has a big chance at winning bpva if they decide to block Taylor and After Hours is submitted to R&B…. the only competition would be less commercial albums, future nostalgia, chromatica, (and BPVA  USUALLY goes to the commercial album) or a non-friendly grammy sound (HB)

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I still believe exile has great chance to be nominated in BPDG. Although Taylor hasn’t push the song let alone release it as official single, the fact that its parent album still fresh on chart, slaying the game and getting media coverage will certainly help the song. Breathe wasn’t even an official single, non-existent on chart but it was riding the hype of Fearless and Taylor’s big name.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

has a big chance at winning bpva if they decide to block Taylor

They are not blocking taylor in best pop vocal album category.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

I still believe exile has great chance to be nominated in BPDG. Although Taylor hasn’t push the song let alone release it as official single, the fact that its parent album still fresh on chart, slaying the game and getting media coverage will certainly help the song. Breathe wasn’t even an official single, non-existent on chart but it was riding the hype of Fearless and Taylor’s big name.

Exile is not happening.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

has a big chance at winning bpva if they decide to block Taylor and After Hours is submitted to R&B…. the only competition would be less commercial albums, future nostalgia, chromatica, (and BPVA USUALLY goes to the commercial album) or a non-friendly grammy sound (HB)

Why would they block Taylor in bpva?…

September 27, 2020 at 7:09 am#1203737628 I still believe exile has great chance to be nominated in BPDG. Although Taylor hasn’t push the song let alone release it as official single, the fact that its parent album still fresh on chart, slaying the game and getting media coverage will certainly help the song. Breathe wasn’t even an official single, non-existent on chart but it was riding the hype of Fearless and Taylor’s big name.

The hype of Fearless>the hype of Folklore

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I agree that the potential nomination(s) will likely be his prize. And my prediction is that the BRP will look at his immense progression from his debut to his wildly successful sophomore effort and pick him for one of the three non-BNA general field categories. The pop ones are just voting, so it’s harder to predict, though I think he’s likely to get into BPVA.

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

That’s.. a choice

Individual members of BTS and the group themselves have been asked to collab since at least 2014/15 by tons of artists.
    Here is just a few:

RM and Mandy Vantrice for the Fantastic 4 soundtrack in 2015
    RM and Warren G for P.D.D. (Please Don’t Die) (all English)
    BTS and Ed Sheeran with Make It Right then they did a remix with Lauv
    BTS and Steve Aoki with Waste It On Me (all English btw)
    RM and Wale for Change (all English)
    RM and Krizz Kaliko with Rush
    BTS and Zara Larsson with A Brand New Day
    BTS and Charli XCX with Dream Glow
    Suga and Max for Blueberry Eyes (just released btw)

There are tons more collabs that I just did not feel like typing them all out and there are tons more artists that want to collab with them. So no it doesn’t sound strange to anyone who knows any of their work or them.

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I know most of you are biased swifties on this forum lmao but I personally see her getting nominated but getting blocked from winning anything due to politics and her history

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Individual members of BTS and the group themselves have been asked to collab since at least 2014/15 by tons of artists. Here is just a few: RM and Mandy Vantrice for the Fantastic 4 soundtrack in 2015 RM and Warren G for P.D.D. (Please Don’t Die) (all English) BTS and Ed Sheeran with Make It Right then they did a remix with Lauv BTS and Steve Aoki with Waste It On Me (all English btw) RM and Wale for Change (all English) RM and Krizz Kaliko with Rush BTS and Zara Larsson with A Brand New Day BTS and Charli XCX with Dream Glow Suga and Max for Blueberry Eyes (just released btw) There are tons more collabs that I just did not feel like typing them all out and there are tons more artists that want to collab with them. So no it doesn’t sound strange to anyone who knows any of their work or them.

You realize they were referring to how savage love is a garbage song, right

I know most of you are biased swifties on this forum lmao but I personally see her getting nominated but getting blocked from winning anything due to politics and her history

I know you are a biased Harry stan but I personally am aware of how Grammy voting works and that you cannot block someone from winning if they have the most votes (after nominations obviously). Hell, there isn’t even a committee for pop. I’m also pretty reasonable with Taylors chances and I can tell you she’s a lock to win bpva.

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

You realize they were referring to how savage love is a garbage song, right

They collab’d with Little Nas for Old Town Road ….. so again I say nothing is strange about it.

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional.  “Exile” is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I actually agree with epiphany that “exile” will probably make it into Pop Duo, since that category’s weak and doesn’t have very many obvious contenders. “exile” is still one of the biggest hits from the biggest album of the year, which may win AOTY, and it peaked higher than most other Pop Duo contenders at #6 even without a single push, which is insane.

Most other predictions feel like wishful thinking. If the World was Ending peaked too low and too early: it won’t make it in. Julia Michaels hasn’t even been nominated in Pop before. My Oh My also peaked too early, and Camilla only makes it in for smash hits. Take What You Want would be a great nominee, but it’s completely forgotten now, and I think Post will probably submit that one to the Rock field. None of Christina’s songs have made any noise. And all the other potential nominees are ineligible due to the 1-nominee rule.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.