Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 529 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

BTS’s new album will be released on November 20. We will see how this will help them once the nomination out.

Pre orders start in just under 11 hrs … Let’s see how fast the “limited 1st run” gets sold out, lol. I predict maybe 2 hrs or less. Their Dynamite single was sold out in less than an hour and they restocked and it sold out again.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

As Asian, I wish we will get more attention just like other POCs but please not BTS with their generic Dynamite, there’s so much better songs in their discography than that ping pong anthem. Rina better pull through in BNA, a winning is highly unlikely but please a nomination is a must for this talented bitch.

#JusticeforMitski #AsianAlsoMatter

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

As Asian, I wish we will get more attention just like other POCs but please not BTS with their generic Dynamite, there’s so much better songs in their discography than that ping pong anthem. Rina better pull through in BNA, a winning is highly unlikely but please a nomination is a must for this talented bitch. #JusticeforMitski #AsianAlsoMatter

I like Dynamite BUT as an artist I prefer Black Swan, ON, Daechwita, Dear My Friend, or almost anything else on Map of the Soul: 7 and/or Agust D’s D-2 to get more attention and/or Grammy nominations BUT since it is an all English song that all 7 are on that is what is getting attention.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Harry (and I guess also Post) not campaigning right now doesn’t mean anything. A-listers don’t need to campaign for nominations.

Everyone in the industry knows Harry has released a new album in the past year and knows his two hit songs that are spammed on the radio hourly. He’ll easily find himself in the top 20 (if not top 8) of every GF category.

His only challenge is getting the committee to nominate him, but they won’t have a sudden urge to nominate him because he’s playing ‘Box of Lies’ with Jimmy Fallon.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

The industry is campaigning for Harry more than Harry himself. Some of you need to update your predictions and add him everywhere.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Two artists that I think most people are overestimating here are Chloe X Halle. The girls could easily get Igor’d, 2/3 genre nomination and maybe a win and that’ll be it.

I’ll only add them to the GF if they get a big Soul Train push (who wins AOTY there basically always gets nominated for AOTY at the Grammy’s, this pattern has been going on since 2012).

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Chloe x Halle are being heavily predicted due to their visibility right now, but I do think it could go either way with them. At the very least, they should be able to secure two R&B nominations. There’s no telling how the BRP will take to them in the general field.

Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

Harry (and I guess also Post) not campaigning right now doesn’t mean anything. A-listers don’t need to campaign for nominations. Everyone in the industry knows Harry has released a new album in the past year and knows his two hit songs that are spammed on the radio hourly. He’ll easily find himself in the top 20 (if not top 8) of every GF category. His only challenge is getting the committee to nominate him, but they won’t have a sudden urge to nominate him because he’s playing ‘Box of Lies’ with Jimmy Fallon.

I don’t agree. Established artist like Bey and taylor don’t need to campaign. Harry is still new. People know he has an album and has two big hits but that’s all they know. They don’t know if he is likeable if  he wrote on the album, if he has a theme to the album etc.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I don’t agree. Established artist like Bey and taylor don’t need to campaign. Harry is still new. People know he has an album and has two big hits but that’s all they know. They don’t know if he is likeable 

Everyone in the industry knows he’s likable. Nobody has ever had a bad word to say. Him sending voters telescopes and square vinyls won’t make them know him any better. He’s letting his music and achievements speak for him so far, and will very likely ramp up the campaigning in October, coinciding with the single release, radio interviews and quite possibly a performance at the BBMAs.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Campaigning is overrated when a lot of these artists who are quiet are on labels that are courting voters on their behalf behind the scenes. I’m sure Harry is one of them.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Harry Styles hasn’t performed on live tv since the Brits?

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Harry is Columbia’s top player this year by far. They’re going to push for him, whether we see it or not.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Campaign may be overestimated sometimes, true, and sometimes may be a backfire as we’ve seen with Halsey last year.

I still think it’s needed though, especially with artists that have none previous nomination – thus, we don’t know how they’ll react regardless of criticial commentary or commercial success. For established acts as Beyoncé, Taylor and Gaga their names speaks for themselves.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Harry Styles hasn’t performed on live tv since the Brits?

He performed on the Today Show in March along with doing a few other promo ops like Tiny Desk, Howard Stern, a few secret shows in NYC etc but that was his last live performance.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Harry Styles is going to be nominated in 4-5 categories. I think it’s Post Malone who will probably underperform, not because his album didn’t do well, but just because he’s lost momentum just like ASIB last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.