Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 528 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
almanzarlamar..
JennyLewisFan
  • Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

fair point but

imagine two artists that did big in 2020

one at home

the other on TIME cover, Rolling Stone cover, award show performances

which one would be the top of mind?

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

At the end of the day it’s nothing but a popularity contest

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

fair point but imagine two artists that did big in 2020 one at home the other on TIME cover, Rolling Stone cover, award show performances which one would be the top of mind?

But it’s contradictory to their mission statement is the point.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

I do find “FYC” super awkward

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Drake is, in my opinion, very overrated. In that light, “Laugh Now, Cry Later” will get a Rap Performance nomination (or wherever it’s submitted) and possibly ROTY too.

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

It is what it is. Nothing will change until the voting system changes first. By now we’re stuck at giving awards to the most popular instead of giving to the best ones

Profile picture
    snuggle4
    Topics:

It is what it is??? Don’t say that. Orange Julius Caesar says that about dead Americans. You want to model yourself after him?

Dua. Lipa. Period.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

It is what it is. Nothing will change until the voting system changes first. By now we’re stuck at giving awards to the most popular instead of giving to the best ones

FYC’s should stop at submitting, in my opinion. I don’t imagine it being a particularly hard task listening to every work submitted when it’s, um, your job.

I’m gonna applaud them though for recognizing some not-so-popular options from time to time. Just this year, we saw both Lana and Bon Iver in the GF. I also understand that they’re caught in the web of also having to please viewers with (literally) a neverending list of “demands.”

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

It is what it is??? Don’t say that. Orange Julius Caesar says that about dead Americans. You want to model yourself after him? Dua. Lipa. Period.

I’m saying that it’s pointless complaining if the structure of the show and its members remain the same. It will always reflect popularity until something drastic is done

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Taylor Swift has just become the female artist with the most weeks at number one on the Billboard 200 beating the incredible Whitney Houston. Taylor is a freaking Living Legend! Amazing!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9455925/taylor-swift-folklore-number-1-seven-weeks-billboard-200-passes-whitney-houston

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Drake is, in my opinion, very overrated. In that light, “Laugh Now, Cry Later” will get a Rap Performance nomination (or wherever it’s submitted) and possibly ROTY too.

I don’t see Drake in ROTY at all. “Laugh Now, Cry Later” is an underperformance for him and was embarrassingly overshadowed by “WAP”.

ROTY is strong this year, and he doesn’t have the best history there. Sure, “God’s Plan” made it in, but that was an 11-week #1 super smash, he missed with “One Dance” back in 2017.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Drake is overrated chart-wise and musically but he’s a non-event to the Grammys. His history is like 4/44 and he doesn’t care at all.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Harry’s four noms: aoty, roty, pop album, pop solo. a fifth would be soty

This means the BRP would have to pick him for two general field categories—three if SOTY pans out too. It is certainly possible, but I find it incredibly hard to predict.

Abel feels more undeniable in all three categories so that’s not as interesting for me to talk about ad nauseam—so until we get the nominations, acts like Harry and Dua are more intriguing because it’s hard to say how it’ll shake out for the two Brits who’ve both had such a successful year. Dua of course has an advantage that she’s already won at the Grammys. She’s a known entity. But I’m still not sure she’s a lock in AOTY, and I think DSN might just make it into ROTY.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 528 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.